So far we are good on schedule and have
* an xtext implementation of the ROOM grammar (the only thing we have
left out are the dynamical features of the language)
* a code generator for Java code (hierarchical structure and
hierarchical state machines are already working, model class inheritance
and services are currently implemented and will be available soon)
* a Java runtime library providing base classes and the communication layer
In parallel we are creating a project web page where we soon will
present first code and tutorials to allow interested people to get hands
on experience with modeling language and tooling.
Given Eclipse UOMo adds unit-safety for Embedded system currently using
either the abandonded OSGi Measurement project or Java Sensor API (JSR-256)
which isn't type-safe and has very limited unit support, I'd be happy to be
added as Interested Party on behalf of UOMo.
Would return the favor with one of you, ideally one of the project leads on
behalf of eTrice or your company.
Due to ICU4J as vital building block, not only Eclipse/Equinox, but every
OSGi container running on Apache Harmony (which also included ICU4J in even
the smallest Mobile or Embedded distribution) has built-in UOMo support.
I will add you to the interested parties on our proposal.
You can also add me to your proposal.
atm we want to get our first tool version up and running.
UOMo Project might be interesting for generating unit safe software. Since we build eTrice to be extensible it could use UOMo types instead of primitive types.
SInce we just started the project from scratch, we should evaluate that option when our project is a bit more mature.
I just had sent an update to EMO when the great news spread, UOMo meets
Creation Review just about a week after eTrice. As they are very busy, I'll
add you to the corresponding page or (mobile/embedded) section right after
the eTrice Project has passed the Creation Review and is in the Incubation Phase now. We are doing the paperwork for
the provisioning at the moment.
The initial contribution is planned for November.
On the development side we are about to complete the prototype with
- XText Grammar and Editors for most static ROOM elements (Structure and Behavior)
- Codegenerators for Java applications
- Java Runtime
We also started with a prototype for our first graphical editor based on Graphiti (Actor Hierarchies).
We plan a Version 0.1 for January, but the exact date depends on the features we will include. We are not sure atm how much effort the graphical editors will be.
I wanted to inform again about the current status.
- The first versions of the graphical editors for Structure (hierarchical actor diagram) and behaviour (hierarchical statemachines) are ready
- Thanks to Herward the Formatter to write changes in the graphical editors back to the xtext based files is almost ready -> we can switch between graphical and textual editors now
- Thanks to Thomas we have a first implementation for runtime and codegen for multithreading inside of subsystems
The next steps will be:
- using, testing and debugging the current functionality
- adding more model level debugging
- creating tutorials
- releasing the Version 0.1