Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing
tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing [message #61329] Tue, 04 November 2008 17:35 Go to next message
Marcus Better is currently offline Marcus Better
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

some of my Bugzilla queries in Mylyn 3.0.3 behave in a very strange way. When I open one of the tasks, it immediately disappears from the task list, and I cannot bring it back. (The task editor window opens as usual.)

This happens with queries against at least two Bugzilla installations, but I also have another one that doesn't have this problem.

I tried deleting and re-creating the query, but it didn't help. The queries are pretty basic, they just match a specific product, component and keyword.

Using Ganymede on Linux, Mylyn and Bugzilla connector 3.0.3.v20081015-1500-e3x.

Cheers,

Marcus
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkkQh/sACgkQXjXn6TzcAQm+vACfSLs5EXA2MIhfffTo8tKE nocv
JmIAoPSXtG+MveGo8M5eIa2g792inYy5
=f8pj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Re: tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing [message #61379 is a reply to message #61329] Wed, 05 November 2008 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörg Thönnes is currently offline Jörg Thönnes
Messages: 229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 11/04/08 18:35, Marcus Better wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some of my Bugzilla queries in Mylyn 3.0.3 behave in a very strange way. When I open one of the tasks, it immediately disappears from the task list, and I cannot bring it back. (The task editor window opens as usual.)
>
> This happens with queries against at least two Bugzilla installations, but I also have another one that doesn't have this problem.
>
> I tried deleting and re-creating the query, but it didn't help. The queries are pretty basic, they just match a specific product, component and keyword.
>
> Using Ganymede on Linux, Mylyn and Bugzilla connector 3.0.3.v20081015-1500-e3x.

This could have a simple reason:

If you are have the "Focus on work week" enabled (pressed Mylyn symbol on top of Task view), then
Myln will only display the tasks scheduled for the current work week AND all tasks which have
incomings (marked as unread or new).

If you mark a task which is unscheduled or scheduled for another week as read, it is no longer
displayed in the focused view since it does not match any of the two conditions above. It disappears.

This also happens if you double-click the task since it then opens in the editor and is marked as read.

Please check if disabling "Focus on work week" would redisplay the missed tasks.

Cheers, Jörg
Re: tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing [message #61403 is a reply to message #61379] Wed, 05 November 2008 13:50 Go to previous message
Marcus Better is currently offline Marcus Better
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

Jörg Thönnes wrote:
> On 11/04/08 18:35, Marcus Better wrote:

>> When I open one of the tasks, it immediately disappears from the task
>> list, and I cannot bring it back.

> Please check if disabling "Focus on work week" would redisplay the missed
> tasks.

Hah! I thought I was missing something simple :-) Thanks.

However I do think it's the wrong UI behaviour. It's not obvious that some action would be taken just by reading an issue.

Cheers,

Marcus
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkkRpLoACgkQXjXn6TzcAQlsSgCg0EYTCW2KPPUuAmuyKJm5 60SH
qiEAoNEmRFHXlI8ZGDdoGLoKg+DrQJLd
=5zoM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Re: tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing [message #594673 is a reply to message #61329] Wed, 05 November 2008 12:36 Go to previous message
Jörg Thönnes is currently offline Jörg Thönnes
Messages: 229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 11/04/08 18:35, Marcus Better wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some of my Bugzilla queries in Mylyn 3.0.3 behave in a very strange way. When I open one of the tasks, it immediately disappears from the task list, and I cannot bring it back. (The task editor window opens as usual.)
>
> This happens with queries against at least two Bugzilla installations, but I also have another one that doesn't have this problem.
>
> I tried deleting and re-creating the query, but it didn't help. The queries are pretty basic, they just match a specific product, component and keyword.
>
> Using Ganymede on Linux, Mylyn and Bugzilla connector 3.0.3.v20081015-1500-e3x.

This could have a simple reason:

If you are have the "Focus on work week" enabled (pressed Mylyn symbol on top of Task view), then
Myln will only display the tasks scheduled for the current work week AND all tasks which have
incomings (marked as unread or new).

If you mark a task which is unscheduled or scheduled for another week as read, it is no longer
displayed in the focused view since it does not match any of the two conditions above. It disappears.

This also happens if you double-click the task since it then opens in the editor and is marked as read.

Please check if disabling "Focus on work week" would redisplay the missed tasks.

Cheers, Jörg
Re: tasks in Bugzilla query disappearing [message #594681 is a reply to message #61379] Wed, 05 November 2008 13:50 Go to previous message
Marcus Better is currently offline Marcus Better
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

Jörg Thönnes wrote:
> On 11/04/08 18:35, Marcus Better wrote:

>> When I open one of the tasks, it immediately disappears from the task
>> list, and I cannot bring it back.

> Please check if disabling "Focus on work week" would redisplay the missed
> tasks.

Hah! I thought I was missing something simple :-) Thanks.

However I do think it's the wrong UI behaviour. It's not obvious that some action would be taken just by reading an issue.

Cheers,

Marcus
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkkRpLoACgkQXjXn6TzcAQlsSgCg0EYTCW2KPPUuAmuyKJm5 60SH
qiEAoNEmRFHXlI8ZGDdoGLoKg+DrQJLd
=5zoM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Previous Topic:Integration with Rational Clear Quest
Next Topic:user defined order in task list?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 30 17:41:32 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01648 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software