Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Prevent archiving rcp application in headless build
Prevent archiving rcp application in headless build [message #603969] Tue, 05 January 2010 19:37 Go to next message
VincentL is currently offline VincentLFriend

1) Is is possible to prevent the default headless build of PDE
(org.eclipse.pde.build_...\scripts\productBuild\productBuild .xml) of creating an archive
file at the end of the build process of my rcp application. Is there a property for that?
Or should I override the default assemble process?

What I would like to do instead, is to copy all files that the archive must contain to a
temporary directory. Our application already provide an installation software that will
grab these files and make the installer...

2) How could I customize part of my build process without changing the default PDE build

Note that I'm using PDE to make an headless build of my RCP application as in the following:

java -jar c:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_XXX.jar -application
org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile productBuild.xml -D... -D...

Thanks all,

Re: Prevent archiving rcp application in headless build [message #982879 is a reply to message #603969] Tue, 13 November 2012 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny Schimke is currently offline Danny SchimkeFriend

Thats interesting. I have to do something similar. Is there any solution?

-Danny Schimke
Re: Prevent archiving rcp application in headless build [message #986598 is a reply to message #982879] Wed, 21 November 2012 06:59 Go to previous message
Sabir Mising name is currently offline Sabir Mising nameFriend
Hi Vincent , Danny
There is definetely a way for that i believe.
You can try overwriting ant calls in customTargets.xml , allElements.xml , productBuild.xml and such files
These files are present in the 'eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.6.0.v20100603\templates\headless-build' directory in eclipse
Hope that helps.
Previous Topic:Standalone junit tests in plug-in projects and transitive dependencies
Next Topic:View descriptor not found exception in eclipse PDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 06 08:11:51 GMT 2015