Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Swordfish » Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI
Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #577479] Mon, 15 March 2010 03:14 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I tried to create a web service via File > New > Others > Swordfish > JAX-WS Service from WSDL , but once I clicked the finish button, I always get these kind of errors:
Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.DatatypeConverterImpl

or

javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.datatype.DatatypeFactoryImpl not found

I have tried to copy jaxb and xerces jars to plugin directory, but did not help.
can anyone advise a solution?
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #577520 is a reply to message #577479] Mon, 15 March 2010 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jürgen Kindler is currently offline Jürgen KindlerFriend
Hi No Real Name,

this sounds a bit like a problem inside the embedded CXF.
Which OS, Eclipse & JDK are you using ?

Cheers
Juergen
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #577537 is a reply to message #577520] Mon, 15 March 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using ubuntu jaunty, eclipse 3.5, Sun java JDK 6, Swordfish 0.9.1.
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #577580 is a reply to message #577537] Tue, 16 March 2010 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

I have tried to reproduce this (on the VM I have available: Ubuntu Hardy Heron with Java 1.6.0_07 and Galileo), but I did not get any errors.
So in principle it should work on Ubuntu (my installation is very fresh; only Galileo and Swordfish have been installed after setting it up).

Did you do any changes to the Java installation?

Cheers
Juergen
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #577615 is a reply to message #577580] Tue, 16 March 2010 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, it was a typical java installation I set up ages ago, and I have had no problem using it for other java applications. The thing is, I don't even know where to start looking at the problem, Google does not help in this regard. It seems to be a dependency issue, but should I specify in a particular swordfish plug-in?
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #578663 is a reply to message #577615] Tue, 16 March 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, ... maybe you can post parts of the Eclipse log file... Do you see some stacktraces connected to the problems there?
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #578677 is a reply to message #578663] Wed, 17 March 2010 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your kind information. I do have a bunch of extra stuff installed in my previous Eclipse. You might be right, some of them might prevent my swordfish from working properly. It works now when I get another Eclipse running with swordfish only.
Re: Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI [message #578743 is a reply to message #577479] Wed, 05 May 2010 14:15 Go to previous message
Peter Stadler is currently offline Peter StadlerFriend
Hi,

I had the same problem on Galileo. The Installation of BPEL Designer solved my problem. I am new with eclipse and I have no idea why it works now.

see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Swordfish_Documentation:_Installing_ BPEL_Designer_in_Galileo

Peter
Previous Topic:SCA in Swordfish
Next Topic:Problems with Swordfish Headless Build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:10:55 GMT 2024