|Breakpoints not working [message #551482]
||Fri, 06 August 2010 11:10
| ltwinner Missing name
Registered: July 2010
Im working on a drupal project in linux mint. I had been developing it in windows and I was using the Eclipse Helios release for windows. I switched development over to linux mint a few days ago and was using Helios again. However debugging is not working as the debugger doesn't stop at any breakpoints. Im using xdebug but zend debugger doesn't work either. |
xdebug is setup correctly with apache and is showing up in phpinfo() so that's not an issue.
Any ideas how to get these breakpoints working? Or does xdebug just not work with Eclipse Helios?
[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2010 11:42]
Report message to a moderator
|Re: Breakpoints not working [message #551492 is a reply to message #551482]
||Fri, 06 August 2010 11:52
Originally posted by: dkel50.hotremovemail.com|
maybe try clearing out all your breakpoints and recreating them.
Alternatively use xdebug and generate an xdebug log to see what PDT is
sending to it in terms of breakpoints (ie filenames and line numbers)
On 06/08/2010 16:10, ltwinner wrote:
> Im working on a drupal project in linux mint. I had been developing it
> in windows and I was using the Eclipse Helios release for windows. I
> switched development over to linux mint a few days ago and was using
> Helios again. However debugging is not working as the debugger doesn't
> stop at any breakpoints. Im using xdebug but zend debugger doesn't work
> either. Any ideas how to fix it?
|Re: Breakpoints not working [message #654998 is a reply to message #642234]
||Thu, 17 February 2011 17:42
Registered: February 2011
For me eclipse (Helios) stops at breakpoints ONLY when debugging "as a PHP Script", but not when debugging "as a Web Page".|
When debugging as a web page, it looks like the correct debug query string to start a debug session is getting tacked on to the url, like so:
but elipse does not stop at the breakpoints. It just zooms thru the code and displays the output in the browser.
This is my xdebug configuration in php.ini that works for Galileo, but is not working for Helios: (click here to see my entire xdebug config settings)
;extension=xdebug.so <-- is this needed?
zend_extension=" /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-no n-zts-20090626/xdebug.so "
; to enable remote debugging
Can you post your xdebug configuration that works for Helios? If possible, can you post the xdebug portion of your phpinfo() output? Would like to compare settings of an xdebug configuration that works on Helios with what I have.
Thanks in advance.
[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2011 18:13]
Report message to a moderator
|Re: Breakpoints not working [message #1219323 is a reply to message #753879]
||Tue, 03 December 2013 05:42
| Nam Nguyen
Registered: December 2013
Finally I got Eclipse PDT to stop at break point after two days struggle.|
Steps taken :
- Load php_xdebug version , non thread safe
- Change zend_extension in php.ini with remote_enable=true as suggested.
- Check again by phpinfo() if Xdebug is informed. Also check if the options changed correctly.
- Check version of Eclipse not Helios, and not be a version 64bits. I had to drop Helios and use the Juno instead.
- Make the web application accessible from web.
- Configure the Preferences of Debug , note of Path Mapping must set.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01850 seconds