Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » Transformation between UML Profiles(Is it possible to create transformations between UML profiles.)
icon9.gif  Transformation between UML Profiles [message #547922] Tue, 20 July 2010 08:09 Go to next message
Stefan Mijatov is currently offline Stefan MijatovFriend
Hi, I have been trying to find a way to create transformation between two UML profiles (models defined in these two profiles) that I have created in Eclipse Modeling Framework. I tried with ATL and QVT, but it seems that these two transformation languages are only able to execute transformations between models for which their metamodels are defined in ecore. That's OK and I understand that this is because ATL and QVT are implemented as metamodels in ecore. However, if I try to make transformations between UML profiles, both these transformations aren't working. Since UML and UML profiles are defined in ecore metamodel I thought that this could be possible.
So my question is: Can I use ATL, QVT or some other transformation language to make transformations between UML profiles (that is models defined in my own UML profiles in eclipse)?

Any help will be so gratefully appreciated!
Re: Transformation between UML Profiles [message #548048 is a reply to message #547922] Tue, 20 July 2010 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the EMF M2M forum group.
Re: Transformation between UML Profiles [message #548155 is a reply to message #548048] Tue, 20 July 2010 20:20 Go to previous message
Stefan Mijatov is currently offline Stefan MijatovFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2010 20:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ATL] A strange console-Message by launching ATL-transformatiom
Next Topic:[QVTo] Access EMF model enum value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:28:47 GMT 2024