Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » RCP Developer Wanted - NY, NY, USA(RCP UI Developer position available in New York for cutting edge CEP projects)
|RCP Developer Wanted - NY, NY, USA [message #543818]
||Wed, 30 June 2010 16:30
| Eddie Galvez
Registered: July 2009
Eclipse RCP UI Developer
StreamBase is a pioneer and leader in delivering a high-performance software platform that radically improves real-time data processing for applications in financial services, telecommunications/networking, industrial process control, government/military, and RFID/sensor networks. Recently featured by MSNBC, Forbes.com, The Wall Street Journal, InfoWorld, The Red Herring, Information Week, PC Magazine, and other top tier publications, StreamBase is poised for aggressive growth and expansion in 2006. Founded by experts in database and object-oriented technologies, StreamBase is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, with significant field operations in New York and London.
Our Professional Services group is comprised of bright, highly motivated individuals with expertise in high-performance, distributed, systems software on Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux using Java, C#, or C++.
We are looking for individuals who can combine innovative thinking, high-quality design, and excellent programming skills to join our team to help us develop highly responsive, robust, and attractive user interface applications for both manual and automated securities trading systems. We offer a best of breed UI team, with a strong usability focus based on a solid foundation of interaction design.
Your primary responsibilities will be to work directly with StreamBase customers and our StreamBase Professional Services to team to elaborate requirements and to participate in the design and implementation of new custom securities trading user interface applications which integrate with securities trading applications built using the StreamBase Complex Event Processing platform.
- A passion for working directly with end users, helping them to define and refine the solutions to problems that affect their business's success
- Must love working in a very interdependent team environment and be self-motivated and proactive
- BS CS or MS CS, and 5+ years experience designing and developing GUI software applications
- Fluent in Java development
- Knowledgeable about SWT UI libraries
- Familiar with the Eclipse Rich Client Platform
- Attention to detail and UI design sensitivity
- Ability to perform user interaction design and implementation
- Ability to create well-performing, robust, and scalable client side applications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams involving QA, documentation, and usability
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of working time, primarily in the northeastern US and Canada
- Background check will be required
- Knowledge of capital markets front office trading applications, especially FX and equities
- Experience with handling high-frequency updates in distributed application environment
- Experience with test-driven development
- Previous startup experience
- Previous Professional Services experience
This full-time position is based in New York, NY
Required Education: BS
Required Experience: 5 years
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%, on average
Please contact careers_AT_streambase.com to apply, or for additional questions.
[Updated on: Wed, 07 July 2010 20:12]
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Thu Apr 27 15:04:53 GMT 2017
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02181 seconds