Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question(Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question)
Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534518] Wed, 19 May 2010 12:12 Go to next message
Marty Jones is currently offline Marty JonesFriend
Is there a way to setup the embedded Jetty server that the Eclipse Report Preview viewer uses to use the jndi lookup instead of the normal connection parameters?

The problem I am having is that I have to specify the normal connection parameters to create and modify reports while in eclipse but then remember to remove those settings so that the jndi settings will be used by the web server once the report is deployed.

It would be nice if I could just specify the jndi settings and have the eclipse preview viewer use the jndi settings to make the db connection.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated,

Marty Jones
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534637 is a reply to message #534518] Wed, 19 May 2010 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Marty,

If you have a JNDI setting in deployment it should be trying this before
it attempts to normal connection. It should only be using normal if
JNDI fails. BTW I like the idea of adding support to the jetty server
for this feature. Any chance you could open a bug for this?

Jason

On 5/19/2010 8:12 AM, Marty Jones wrote:
> Is there a way to setup the embedded Jetty server that the Eclipse
> Report Preview viewer uses to use the jndi lookup instead of the normal
> connection parameters?
>
> The problem I am having is that I have to specify the normal connection
> parameters to create and modify reports while in eclipse but then
> remember to remove those settings so that the jndi settings will be used
> by the web server once the report is deployed.
>
> It would be nice if I could just specify the jndi settings and have the
> eclipse preview viewer use the jndi settings to make the db connection.
>
> Any Help Would Be Appreciated,
>
> Marty Jones
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534647 is a reply to message #534637] Wed, 19 May 2010 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason, You are correct, the report is trying to use the jndi settings when deployed. The problem is that my password is different between our dev environment and test environment so when I deploy the report to the test environment the report fails because it is using the password stored in report which is for our development environment. It causes the user account to get be locked out after so many attempts.

I wonder why it is even trying to use the username and password when it is dealing with jndi settings. I thought that was one of the advantages of using jndi is that the username and password are stored on the server and not on the report.

I will open a bug for adding jndi support to Jetty. Heck for that matter I will even work on a Patch if you can give guide me in the right direction.

Marty
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534650 is a reply to message #534647] Wed, 19 May 2010 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I opened a bug ticket.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313591

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534684 is a reply to message #534650] Wed, 19 May 2010 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Marty,

You may want to look at connection profiles. You can also put some
script in to determine if you are in the designer (Let me know if you
need an example). It would be good if you could log a bug on the
connection as well, because if you have a JNDI connection it should not
be using the user and password I believe.

I looked a little at the jetty connection pool to see if we could just
add it to the WebViewer. It seems as that may be possible with just a
couple config files. I will let you know what I find.

Jason

On 5/19/2010 2:06 PM, Marty Jones wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I opened a bug ticket.
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313591
>
> Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534701 is a reply to message #534684] Thu, 20 May 2010 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I checked a few bugs on jndi connections and this one seems to show the issue that I am seeing:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=150965

Basically if you have jndi parameters and username and password parameters set then when jndi first attempts to get the connection, it uses the getConnection(username,password) method. This would explain why I get the login failures and account lock out since it is using the development password against the test database.

I am going to look at external connection profiles in the morning to see if this can accomidate the situation I have. I think that this will work.

Even better would be to get jndi working in Jetty. Smile
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534799 is a reply to message #534701] Thu, 20 May 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I took a look at connection profiles and I am confused. I externalized a datasource as a connection profile and then created a new datasource using the connection profile but the report design file has both the connection profile file path as well as the jdbc connection settings! I would think it would only contain the connection profile path information and that would be it.

I wonder if this is because of the version of BIRT I am running. I am running version 2.3.2 (in RAD 7.5.4 for WebSphere).

I am of the opinion that if we could get jndi working on the embedded Jetty server then it would be an easier solution. That way I am not storing username and password information anywhere except my development machine and our web server's jndi setup. I don't like having username and password information stored in multiple places if it can be avoided.

Marty
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534873 is a reply to message #534799] Thu, 20 May 2010 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Marty,

Remove the datasource and create a new one from the connection profile
and see if that works.

On the Jetty piece can you try to add a jetty-env.xml file to the
webviewer/birt/WEB-INF directory like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure//EN"
"http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure.dtd">
<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
<New id="MyDataSource" class="org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.Resource">
<Arg>jdbc/MyDataSource</Arg>
<Arg>
<New
class="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource ">
<Set name="Url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDatabase</Set>
<Set name="User">myUsername</Set>
<Set name="Password">myPassword</Set>
</New>
</Arg>
</New>
</Configure>

Then add this to the web.xml
<resource-ref>
<description>This is the true source of enlightenment.</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/MyDataSource</res-ref-name>
<res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

Also put your db driver in the web-inf/lib dir. Not certain this will
work but worth a try.

Jason

On 5/20/2010 7:35 AM, Marty Jones wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I took a look at connection profiles and I am confused. I externalized a
> datasource as a connection profile and then created a new datasource
> using the connection profile but the report design file has both the
> connection profile file path as well as the jdbc connection settings! I
> would think it would only contain the connection profile path
> information and that would be it.
> I wonder if this is because of the version of BIRT I am running. I am
> running version 2.3.2 (in RAD 7.5.4 for WebSphere).
> I am of the opinion that if we could get jndi working on the embedded
> Jetty server then it would be an easier solution. That way I am not
> storing username and password information anywhere except my development
> machine and our web server's jndi setup. I don't like having username
> and password information stored in multiple places if it can be avoided.
>
> Marty
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534882 is a reply to message #534873] Thu, 20 May 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I am trying the jetty piece now. Just to make sure I am updating the configuration at the correct location, is the webviewer located under the following place?

"\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.2.r232_20090212 "

I only see two directories for the birt report viewer under the plugins directory which are:

"\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.0.v20080606"
and
"\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.2.r232_20090212 "

Am I looking at the correct place?
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534897 is a reply to message #534882] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I verified that I am updating the correct location within the plugin folder. Unfortunately I am getting a connection error when I do a preview.

I think there may be a bigger problem though. The Report Designer uses the datasource to generate the dataset information such as "Output Columns" and other information related to the query. I don't think that modifying the Jetty server is going to fix this part.

I guess I am back to looking at the connection profiles.

Here are the steps I did with the connection profile:

(I downloaded the RCP standalone Designer version 2.5.2)

1. create new report.
2. create new datasource.
- chose to create from a connection profile in the profile store.
- picked path to the profile store.

Here is the report's xml configuration:

<data-sources>
        <oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="New BIRT JDBC Data Source" id="7">
            <text-property name="displayName"></text-property>
            <list-property name="privateDriverProperties">
                <ex-property>
                    <name>contentBidiFormatStr</name>
                    <value>ILYNN</value>
                </ex-property>
                <ex-property>
                    <name>metadataBidiFormatStr</name>
                    <value>ILYNN</value>
                </ex-property>
            </list-property>
            <property name="odaDriverClass">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
            <property name="odaURL">jdbc:postgresql:mydb</property>
            <property name="odaUser">user</property>
            <encrypted-property name="odaPassword" encryptionID="base64">emFwbG9g</encrypted-property>
            <property name="OdaConnProfileName">New BIRT JDBC Data Source</property>
            <property name="OdaConnProfileStorePath">C:\temp\test_conn_profile</property>
        </oda-data-source>
    </data-sources>

as you can see it put both the profile location and the jdbc information in. I assume that this should not be the case??
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534906 is a reply to message #534897] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Marty,

In 2.5.2 it does not store them. The jetty JNDI feature may be more
difficult than I first imagined. One other option to try is to use
property binding on a normal datasource. You can check whether you are
in the designer or not like:

//property binding on user and password
if(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean ").isDesigner()){
"mydesigneruser";
}else{
"";
}

Jason

On 5/20/2010 11:09 AM, Marty Jones wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I verified that I am updating the correct location within the plugin
> folder. Unfortunately I am getting a connection error when I do a preview.
>
> I think there may be a bigger problem though. The Report Designer uses
> the datasource to generate the dataset information such as "Output
> Columns" and other information related to the query. I don't think that
> modifying the Jetty server is going to fix this part.
>
> I guess I am back to looking at the connection profiles.
>
> Here are the steps I did with the connection profile:
>
> (I downloaded the RCP standalone Designer version 2.5.2)
>
> 1. create new report.
> 2. create new datasource.
> - chose to create from a connection profile in the profile store.
> - picked path to the profile store.
>
> Here is the report's xml configuration:
>
> <data-sources>
> <oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc"
> name="New BIRT JDBC Data Source" id="7">
> <text-property name="displayName"></text-property>
> <list-property name="privateDriverProperties">
> <ex-property>
> <name>contentBidiFormatStr</name>
> <value>ILYNN</value>
> </ex-property>
> <ex-property>
> <name>metadataBidiFormatStr</name>
> <value>ILYNN</value>
> </ex-property>
> </list-property>
> <property name="odaDriverClass">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
> <property name="odaURL">jdbc:postgresql:mydb</property>
> <property name="odaUser">user</property>
> <encrypted-property name="odaPassword"
> encryptionID="base64">emFwbG9g</encrypted-property>
> <property name="OdaConnProfileName">New BIRT JDBC Data Source</property>
> <property
> name="OdaConnProfileStorePath">C:\temp\test_conn_profile</property >
> </oda-data-source>
> </data-sources>
>
>
>
> as you can see it put both the profile location and the jdbc information
> in. I assume that this should not be the case??
>
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534941 is a reply to message #534906] Thu, 20 May 2010 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I tried using the expression you gave me in the property bindings section and in the beforeOpen event script section and I am getting the following error when I try to preview the report:

Note: I am using the expression to set the username, password, url, and driver. Basically if I am in designer then I want to set all of these values. If I am not then I only want the normal jndi setting to be used.

Also, I am making these settings in a Report Library that is shared by multiple reports.

Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot call method "isDesigner" of null
 Script source: <inline>, line: 0, text:
//property binding on user and password
if(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean ").isDesigner()){
 "jdbc:oracle:thin:@mydb:1521:go";
}else{
 "";
} 
birt.core.JavascriptError ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot call method "isDesigner" of null Script source: <inline>, line: 0, text://property binding on user and passwordif(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean ").isDesigner()){ "jdbc:oracle:thin:@mydb:1521:go";}else{ "";} at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.prepare(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ReportExecutor.execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportExecutor.execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplciateReportExecutor.execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportExecutor.execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.__execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPageAll(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor41.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(Unknown Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(Unknown Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(Unknown Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.dispatch(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(Unknown Source)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #534978 is a reply to message #534941] Thu, 20 May 2010 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Marty,

What version of BIRT are you using?
also change the syntax to
var attbean =
reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean ");
if( attbean == null || attbean.isDesigner() ){

Jason

On 5/20/2010 2:06 PM, Marty Jones wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I tried using the expression you gave me in the property bindings
> section and I am getting the following error when I try to preview the
> report:
>
> Note: I am using the expression to set the username, password, url, and
> driver. Basically if I am in designer then I want to set all of these
> values. If I am not then I only want the normal jndi setting to be used.
>
>
> Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError:
> Cannot call method "isDesigner" of null
> Script source: <inline>, line: 0, text:
> //property binding on user and password
> if(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean
> ").isDesigner()){
> "jdbc:oracle:thin:@mydb:1521:go";
> }else{
> "";
> } birt.core.JavascriptError ( 1 time(s) )
> detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error
> evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot
> call method "isDesigner" of null Script source: <inline>, line: 0,
> text://property binding on user and
> passwordif(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribut e( "attributeBean
> ").isDesigner()){ "jdbc:oracle:thin:@mydb:1521:go";}else{ "";} at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.add Exception(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.p repare(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ReportExecutor.execu te(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.Wrappe dReportExecutor.execute(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.Suppres sDuplciateReportExecutor.execute(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.Wrappe dReportExecutor.execute(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRe nderReport(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runA ndRenderReport(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAll ActionHandler.__execute(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseAc tionHandler.execute(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDoc umentProcessor.__executeAction(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.executeAction(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentPro cessor.handleGetPageAll(Unknown
> Source) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.process(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingI mpl.getUpdatedObjects(Unknown
> Source) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor41.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(Unkn own Source)
> at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(Un known
> Source) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(Unknown
> Source) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(Unknown
> Source) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherSer vlet.doPost(Unknown
> Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(Unkno wn Source)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherSer vlet.service(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$Se rvletWrapper.service(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistratio n.handleRequest(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.proce ssAlias(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.servi ce(Unknown
> Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$In ternalHttpServiceServlet.service(Unknown
> Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Unknown
> Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.dispatch(Unknown
> Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Unknown
> Source) at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(Unknown Source) at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(Unknown Source)
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #535002 is a reply to message #534978] Fri, 21 May 2010 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linda ChanFriend
>> both the profile location and the jdbc information in. I assume that this should not be the case

It is intended behavior to store both sets of properties. If the 2 properties for the external profile reference are specified, they take precedence. IOW, the properties found in the referenced profile will get applied, instead of the "local" properties.
If the referenced profile is not found, perhaps due to invalid file path, a warning message is logged and the local properties will then get applied.

Linda
Re: Eclipse Preview Viewer JNDI Question [message #535543 is a reply to message #534978] Mon, 24 May 2010 11:24 Go to previous message
Jason, I am using version 2.3.2.

I think the problem I was having with the script:

reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean ");

was the extra space in the request attribute.

I think I have a solution using the script you provided so I can remove the connection attributes and just leave the JNDI setting when I am not in the report designer.

Previous Topic:Dashboard plugins for Eclipse BIRT
Next Topic:Sending reports with graphics via email
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:13:59 GMT 2024