Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » headless builds with groovy
headless builds with groovy [message #525725] Wed, 07 April 2010 15:03 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ccarpenter.interact911.com

I'm converting a project to use buckminster to do our build, however I am
running into an issue trying to compile groovy when doing a headless
build. I can create the p2 site fine when running inside eclipse as I
have the groovy plugin installed. But I am not able to install the groovy
plugin on buckminster for my headless build, and when I compile the
groovy classes before the build they are removed my the build and I get
an error. Does anyone have any experience doing headless builds with
buckminster and groovy (or any other non-java jvm language)?

Thanks,
Craig
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #525758 is a reply to message #525725] Wed, 07 April 2010 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 04/07/2010 05:03 PM, Craig Carpenter wrote:
> I'm converting a project to use buckminster to do our build, however I am
> running into an issue trying to compile groovy when doing a headless
> build. I can create the p2 site fine when running inside eclipse as I
> have the groovy plugin installed. But I am not able to install the groovy
> plugin on buckminster for my headless build,

Why? What issues do you run into?

> and when I compile the
> groovy classes before the build they are removed my the build and I get
> an error.
>
Not sure I understand. Why is the build removing things and what kind of error is it?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

> Does anyone have any experience doing headless builds with
> buckminster and groovy (or any other non-java jvm language)?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #525774 is a reply to message #525758] Wed, 07 April 2010 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ccarpenter.interact911.com

Thanks for the quick response

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:51:30 +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> On 04/07/2010 05:03 PM, Craig Carpenter wrote:
>> I'm converting a project to use buckminster to do our build, however I
>> am running into an issue trying to compile groovy when doing a headless
>> build. I can create the p2 site fine when running inside eclipse as I
>> have the groovy plugin installed. But I am not able to install the
>> groovy plugin on buckminster for my headless build,
>
> Why? What issues do you run into?

I was able to install org.eclipse.rcp and org.eclipse.platform as needed
by the groovy plugin, however it also requires requires
org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (0.0.0). I tried installing org.eclipse.jdt but
it conflicts with the PDE headless feature

$ ./buckminster install http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
org.eclipse.jdt
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
[0]Software being installed: Eclipse Java Development Tools
3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
(org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6)
[0]Software currently installed: Buckminster - PDE support for headless
operation 1.1.350.r11250
(org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
1.1.350.r11250)
[0]Only one of the following can be installed at once:
[0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_981_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
3.5.2.v_981_R35x)
[0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_980_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
3.5.2.v_980_R35x)
[0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.1.v_972_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
3.5.1.v_972_R35x)
[0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
[0.2]From: Buckminster - PDE support for headless operation
1.1.350.r11250
(org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
1.1.350.r11250)
[0.2]To: org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_980_R35x]
[0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
[0.2]From: Eclipse Java Development Tools
3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
(org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6)
[0.2]To: org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_981_R35x]


>
>> and when I compile the
>> groovy classes before the build they are removed my the build and I get
>> an error.
> >
> Not sure I understand. Why is the build removing things and what kind of
> error is it?

As a work around I was attempting to copy the groovy compiled .class
files into my build directory and then call buckminster build. However my
Java classes that are importing the groovy classes fail to compile when
the import cannot be resolved and I can see the groovy .class files are
no longer in my build directory.

>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren
>
>> Does anyone have any experience doing headless builds with buckminster
>> and groovy (or any other non-java jvm language)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig

Perhaps I can use the cspex to achieve what I need? I am still new to
buckminster. Thanks for your help.

Craig
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #525806 is a reply to message #525774] Wed, 07 April 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Craig,

Please try installing the org.codehaus.groovy17.feature in your headless
buckminster, i.e.

buckminster install http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
org.codehaus.groovy17.feature

*after* you have done a *regular* Buckminster headless install (i.e. with
Buckminster's headless PDE feature etc.). Do *not* install the
org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.feature feature, since this has dependencies on
the UI, which leads to the effects you have observed. Also do *not* install
the org.eclipse.jdt feature for the same reason.

If you run into problems installing the org.codehaus.groovy17.feature,
please post the error messages you encounter. We might be able to solve this
by using the p2 director instead of Buckminster's install command.

If it installs fine, try running your build. It might just work :-) If not,
it's probably because the Groovy Eclipse plugin relies on a patch for the
JDT. This patch is built on the regular org.eclipse.jdt feature. We have no
chance of getting this to work within Buckminster headless unless we get
some help from the Groovy-Eclipse folks.

Achim


Craig Carpenter wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response
>
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:51:30 +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>
>> On 04/07/2010 05:03 PM, Craig Carpenter wrote:
>>> I'm converting a project to use buckminster to do our build, however I
>>> am running into an issue trying to compile groovy when doing a headless
>>> build. I can create the p2 site fine when running inside eclipse as I
>>> have the groovy plugin installed. But I am not able to install the
>>> groovy plugin on buckminster for my headless build,
>>
>> Why? What issues do you run into?
>
> I was able to install org.eclipse.rcp and org.eclipse.platform as needed
> by the groovy plugin, however it also requires requires
> org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (0.0.0). I tried installing org.eclipse.jdt but
> it conflicts with the PDE headless feature
>
> $ ./buckminster install http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
> org.eclipse.jdt
> Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
> [0]Software being installed: Eclipse Java Development Tools
> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
> (org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6)
> [0]Software currently installed: Buckminster - PDE support for headless
> operation 1.1.350.r11250
> (org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
> 1.1.350.r11250)
> [0]Only one of the following can be installed at once:
> [0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_981_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
> 3.5.2.v_981_R35x)
> [0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_980_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
> 3.5.2.v_980_R35x)
> [0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.1.v_972_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
> 3.5.1.v_972_R35x)
> [0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
> [0.2]From: Buckminster - PDE support for headless operation
> 1.1.350.r11250
> (org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
> 1.1.350.r11250)
> [0.2]To: org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_980_R35x]
> [0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
> [0.2]From: Eclipse Java Development Tools
> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
> (org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6)
> [0.2]To: org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_981_R35x]
>
>
>>
>>> and when I compile the
>>> groovy classes before the build they are removed my the build and I get
>>> an error.
>> >
>> Not sure I understand. Why is the build removing things and what kind of
>> error is it?
>
> As a work around I was attempting to copy the groovy compiled .class
> files into my build directory and then call buckminster build. However my
> Java classes that are importing the groovy classes fail to compile when
> the import cannot be resolved and I can see the groovy .class files are
> no longer in my build directory.
>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas Hallgren
>>
>>> Does anyone have any experience doing headless builds with buckminster
>>> and groovy (or any other non-java jvm language)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig
>
> Perhaps I can use the cspex to achieve what I need? I am still new to
> buckminster. Thanks for your help.
>
> Craig
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #525814 is a reply to message #525806] Wed, 07 April 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ccarpenter.interact911.com

Hi Achim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I received this message when installing
org.codehaus.groovy17.feature :

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not
be found.
[0]Software being installed: Groovy Compiler 1.7.0 Feature
2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE
(org.codehaus.groovy17.feature.feature.group 2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-
RELEASE)
[0]Missing requirement: Groovy Compiler 1.7.0 Feature 2.0.1.20100319-1100-
e35-RELEASE (org.codehaus.groovy17.feature.feature.group
2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE) requires
'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator 1.0.100' but it could not be
found

Which I found in org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui. I was able to install
that feature without errors so I tried org.codehaus.groovy17.feature
again and received

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not
be found.
[0]Software being installed: Groovy Compiler 1.7.0 Feature
2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE
(org.codehaus.groovy17.feature.feature.group 2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-
RELEASE)
[0]Missing requirement: Groovy Runtime Plug-in 1.7.0.20100319-1100-e35-
RELEASE (org.codehaus.groovy 1.7.0.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE) requires
'bundle org.junit 0.0.0' but it could not be found
[0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
[0.2]From: Groovy Compiler 1.7.0 Feature 2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE
(org.codehaus.groovy17.feature.feature.group 2.0.1.20100319-1100-e35-
RELEASE)
[0.2]To: org.codehaus.groovy [1.7.0.20100319-1100-e35-RELEASE]

Which I believe would require org.eclipse.jdt or is there another way to
get org.junit without jdt? Thank you for your help.

Craig

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:27:25 +0200, Achim Demelt wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Please try installing the org.codehaus.groovy17.feature in your headless
> buckminster, i.e.
>
> buckminster install http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
> org.codehaus.groovy17.feature
>
> *after* you have done a *regular* Buckminster headless install (i.e.
> with Buckminster's headless PDE feature etc.). Do *not* install the
> org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.feature feature, since this has dependencies
> on the UI, which leads to the effects you have observed. Also do *not*
> install the org.eclipse.jdt feature for the same reason.
>
> If you run into problems installing the org.codehaus.groovy17.feature,
> please post the error messages you encounter. We might be able to solve
> this by using the p2 director instead of Buckminster's install command.
>
> If it installs fine, try running your build. It might just work :-) If
> not, it's probably because the Groovy Eclipse plugin relies on a patch
> for the JDT. This patch is built on the regular org.eclipse.jdt feature.
> We have no chance of getting this to work within Buckminster headless
> unless we get some help from the Groovy-Eclipse folks.
>
> Achim
>
>
> Craig Carpenter wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick response
>>
>> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:51:30 +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>>
>>> On 04/07/2010 05:03 PM, Craig Carpenter wrote:
>>>> I'm converting a project to use buckminster to do our build, however
>>>> I am running into an issue trying to compile groovy when doing a
>>>> headless build. I can create the p2 site fine when running inside
>>>> eclipse as I have the groovy plugin installed. But I am not able to
>>>> install the groovy plugin on buckminster for my headless build,
>>>
>>> Why? What issues do you run into?
>>
>> I was able to install org.eclipse.rcp and org.eclipse.platform as
>> needed by the groovy plugin, however it also requires requires
>> org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (0.0.0). I tried installing org.eclipse.jdt
>> but it conflicts with the PDE headless feature
>>
>> $ ./buckminster install http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
>> org.eclipse.jdt
>> Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
>> [0]Software being installed: Eclipse Java Development Tools
>> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
>> (org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
>> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6) [0]Software
>> currently installed: Buckminster - PDE support for headless operation
>> 1.1.350.r11250
>> (org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
>> 1.1.350.r11250)
>> [0]Only one of the following can be installed at once: [0.2]Java
>> Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_981_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
>> 3.5.2.v_981_R35x)
>> [0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.2.v_980_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
>> 3.5.2.v_980_R35x)
>> [0.2]Java Development Tools Core 3.5.1.v_972_R35x (org.eclipse.jdt.core
>> 3.5.1.v_972_R35x)
>> [0]Cannot satisfy dependency:
>> [0.2]From: Buckminster - PDE support for headless operation
>> 1.1.350.r11250
>> (org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature.feature.group
>> 1.1.350.r11250)
>> [0.2]To: org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_980_R35x] [0]Cannot satisfy
>> dependency:
>> [0.2]From: Eclipse Java Development Tools
>> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6
>> (org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group
>> 3.5.2.r352_v20100108-7r88FEwFI0WTuoBl0iaG0tyhfZH6) [0.2]To:
>> org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.5.2.v_981_R35x]
>>
>>
>>
>>>> and when I compile the
>>>> groovy classes before the build they are removed my the build and I
>>>> get an error.
>>> >
>>> Not sure I understand. Why is the build removing things and what kind
>>> of error is it?
>>
>> As a work around I was attempting to copy the groovy compiled .class
>> files into my build directory and then call buckminster build. However
>> my Java classes that are importing the groovy classes fail to compile
>> when the import cannot be resolved and I can see the groovy .class
>> files are no longer in my build directory.
>>
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Thomas Hallgren
>>>
>>>> Does anyone have any experience doing headless builds with
>>>> buckminster and groovy (or any other non-java jvm language)?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Craig
>>
>> Perhaps I can use the cspex to achieve what I need? I am still new to
>> buckminster. Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Craig
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #525873 is a reply to message #525814] Thu, 08 April 2010 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Craig,

org.junit is included in the org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature feature, which you can install from our regular Buckminster headless site.

Installing org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui may be a bit risky. I don't know if it will get you into trouble later on due to its UI parts.

Instead of using the Buckminster install command, you can also use the p2 director to add features to your Buckminster headless install. You can basically use the same invocation of the p2 director that you used for installing the Buckminster product itself. Simply change the "-r" and "-i" arguments. Some additional hints for that:

* You can pass multiple "-r" arguments, i.e. you can specify both the groovy and the Helios update site. p2 should then be able to fetch the missing org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator dependency from Helios.
* I'm writing this from memory, so I may be wrong about multiple "-r" arguments. In that case, it's a comma-separated list of repositories after the one and only "-r" argument. Wink
* You must add ".feature.group" to the actual feature ID, e.g. "org.codehaus.groovy17.feature.feature.group" for the -i argument.

HTH,
Achim
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526149 is a reply to message #525873] Thu, 08 April 2010 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I'm one of the Groovy-Eclipse developers and I'm just chiming in. Three things:

1. the p2 dependencies are optional. They are marked as such in the org.codehaus.groovy bundle, but not so in the org.codehaus.groovy17 feature (I don't think there is a way to mark required bundles as optional in the feature, but if I'm wrong, let me know).
2. Rather than installing the feature, you could install the bundle directly using the p2 director app (this is possible and not too difficult using a headless build).

3. However, neither of these is important since if you want to build groovy bundles headless, you need the patched JDT compiler installed in your build eclipse. You need the patched org.eclipse.jdt.core bundle, the org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core bundle, and the org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core bundle.

If it is possible to install bundles, rather than features in buckminster, this may be possible. There may be some changes that we need to put in to get this working and if you let me know what they are, I might be able to help.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 April 2010 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526322 is a reply to message #526149] Fri, 09 April 2010 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Andrew,

Thanks for joining the conversation. Your input is extremely helpful and
very much appreciated!

As far as I can see we'll have to provide a special feature patch for
Buckminster's PDE/JDT feature, very similar to what you're doing for the
regular org.eclipse.jdt feature. I _may_ find some time over the weekend to
do this. If not, I'm afraid it'll have to wait until Friday next week or so.

Apart from the JDT patch, what would you say is the minimum set of bundles
that is required for using the Groovy builder in a headless environment? Is
it org.codehaus.groovy plus all its (transitive) dependencies?

Achim

Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the Groovy-Eclipse developers and I'm just chiming in. Two
> things:
>
> 1. the p2 dependencies are optional. They are marked as such in the
> org.codehaus.groovy bundle, but not so in the org.codehaus.groovy17
> feature (I don't think there is a way to mark required bundles as optional
> in the feature, but if I'm wrong, let me know). 2. Rather than installing
> the feature, you could install the bundle directly using the p2 director
> app (this is possible and not too difficult using a headless build).
>
> 3. However, neither of these is important since if you want to build
> groovy bundles headless, you need the patched JDT compiler installed in
> your build eclipse. You need the patched org.eclipse.jdt.core bundle, the
> org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core bundle, and the
> org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core bundle.
>
> If it is possible to install bundles, rather than features in buckminster,
> this may be possible.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526374 is a reply to message #526322] Fri, 09 April 2010 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The minimum would be:

* org.codehaus.groovy
* org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core
* org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core
* org.eclipse.jdt.core (our patched version)

(required dependencies in o.c.g.e.core)
* org.eclipse.debug.core (optional)
* org.eclipse.core.runtime

I think that's it. Note that I cleaned up the dependencies a bit as I looked through them, so you will have to update to the latest dev build to get these particular set of dependencies.

As for creating a feature patch, we have a bit of experience with that, so drop me a line if you do decide to go that way and I can tell you what we learned about the process.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526547 is a reply to message #526374] Mon, 12 April 2010 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I tried putting together a Buckminster Groovy feature over the weekend, but before I ran into any feature patch-related problems I encountered the most fundamental obstacle: We're building Buckminster against JDT 3.6, whereas your patched version is built on 3.5.2. The dev-builds, too, are built against 3.5.x. Is there any chance you have a Groovy-Eclipse build for Eclipse 3.6.0?
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526652 is a reply to message #526547] Mon, 12 April 2010 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, it's not available yet. We are actually planning on releasing it this week. I'll let you know when it's available.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526661 is a reply to message #526652] Mon, 12 April 2010 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ccarpenter.interact911.com

Thanks Achim and Andrew for taking a look into this. Your efforts are
very much appreciated.

I enjoyed your presentation on Groovy at EclipseCon Andrew. The Groovy
plugin is working really well for me :)
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #526796 is a reply to message #526661] Mon, 12 April 2010 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Initial drop of 3.6 support is available here:

http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snap shot/e3.6/groovy-update-site-e36.zip

Download and point your p2 update manager to install. Or, if you are using the director app, then download, unzip and point the p2 director to the unzipped location.

Let me know if this works for you.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #529170 is a reply to message #526796] Fri, 23 April 2010 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Andrew,

I've finally found time to give your 3.6 distribution a try. I tried putting
together a headless feature containing the plug-ins you mentioned, i.e.

* org.codehaus.groovy
* org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core
* org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core
* org.eclipse.jdt.core (our patched version)

I chose *not* to use a feature patch, because we typically don't install
features in our headless Buckminster, so simply providing the new (patched)
version of jdt.core should be sufficient.

However, I did not succeed in installing the feature because the Groovy
plug-ins have dependencies on UI bundles. We can't satisfy these
dependencies in a headless environment. These are the "culprits":

* o.c.groovy.eclipse.core depends on o.e.jface.text
* o.e.jdt.groovy.core depends on o.e.ui

I did not analyze the code if these dependencies are in fact required or if
they're just oversights in the MANIFEST. I'd greatly appreciate if you could
take a look at that.

Moreover, would it be possible that you provided that headless feature on
your p2 site? If not, I fear we'll have logistical problems when building
our own site. That's because our regular features must include the vanilla
o.e.jdt bundle, whereas the Groovy feature requires the patched version.
We'd need separate builds that operate on separate target platforms to
accommodate this. Opposed to that, I believe it would be very easy to
include that feature in your builds, since you already have the patched
o.e.jdt version, anyway.

That said, I can work around that problem for now. The most pressing issue
is the UI dependencies. Once that's solved, we can tackle the problem of
provisioning the feature.

Thanks,
Achim

Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> Initial drop of 3.6 support is available here:
>
>
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snap shot/e3.6/groovy-
update-site-e36.zip
>
> Download and point your p2 update manager to install. Or, if you are
> using the director app, then download, unzip and point the p2 director to
> the unzipped location.
>
> Let me know if this works for you.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #529288 is a reply to message #529170] Fri, 23 April 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Last week, I went through and cleaned up the manifests for all the Groovy plugins. So, those dependencies have already been removed in trunk. However, since the continuous integration is not set up yet for 3.6, it has not yet been pushed out to a build. I'll try to get to this either today or early next week and let you know.

I'll also look into creating a headless feature.
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #529985 is a reply to message #529288] Tue, 27 April 2010 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew Eisenberg
Messages: 368
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

The 3.6 stream of the Groovy Eclipse plugin is now available from:
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snap shot/e3.6/

(It is actually a composite site and the real update site is here:
http://ci.repository.codehaus.org/greclipse/snapshot/e36/ this will have all the plugin ids that you need).

I have not created a headless groovy build feature, but I may do so in the future. I would appreciate it if you could raise a jira issue for this:

http://jira.codehaus.org/GRECLIPSE
Re: headless builds with groovy [message #530648 is a reply to message #529985] Fri, 30 April 2010 12:31 Go to previous message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim Demelt
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Good news: I could successfully install a headless Eclipse-Groovy feature
into Buckminster 3.6. Compilation of a "Hello World" Groovy script also
worked flawlessly.

I then tried to launch the script from this headless environment and I also
tried to launch a test case. That's when I ran into errors.

I filed issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-716 for the headless
Groovy-Eclipse feature. There's also some more information about the errors
I encountered. I suggest we continue our discussion there. This thread has
already gotten too long ;-)

Achim

Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The 3.6 stream of the Groovy Eclipse plugin is now available from:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snap shot/e3.6/
>
> (It is actually a composite site and the real update site is here:
> http://ci.repository.codehaus.org/greclipse/snapshot/e36/ this will have
> all the plugin ids that you need).
>
> I have not created a headless groovy build feature, but I may do so in the
> future. I would appreciate it if you could raise a jira issue for this:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/GRECLIPSE
Previous Topic:Dependency problem when building JARs
Next Topic:how to debug a build?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Sep 17 07:44:18 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02206 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software