Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity
EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512772] Sun, 07 February 2010 14:01 Go to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
Messages: 163
Registered: January 2010
Location: Egypt
Senior Member
Please I wana know how make sure that EMF2.1 core wasdownloaded successfully in my eclipse plugin
Actually I did not got them in Help->about Eclipse-> plugin

??
wafaa
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512773 is a reply to message #512772] Sun, 07 February 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
Messages: 163
Registered: January 2010
Location: Egypt
Senior Member
I have restarted the eclipse after coping source
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512775 is a reply to message #512772] Sun, 07 February 2010 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26237
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You might need to run "eclipse.exe -clean" for Eclipse to notice it's there.

wafaa wrote:
> Please I wana know how make sure that EMF2.1 core wasdownloaded
> successfully in my eclipse plugin Actually I did not got them in
> Help->about Eclipse-> plugin
> ??
> wafaa
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512798 is a reply to message #512775] Sun, 07 February 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
Messages: 163
Registered: January 2010
Location: Egypt
Senior Member
thanks Ed
u mean i should run command prompt and direct it to eclipse folder and then run "eclipse.exe -clean"

it did not make any change if i was right, if not please explain
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512801 is a reply to message #512798] Sun, 07 February 2010 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26237
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, that's what I meant. But I haven't a clue what you've done with
the sparse details you've provide. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate
exactly how you went about installing it. Is there a special reason
you're using a version more than four years old?


wafaa wrote:
> thanks Ed
> u mean i should run command prompt and direct it to eclipse folder
> and then run "eclipse.exe -clean"
>
> it did not make any change if i was right, if not please explain
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512803 is a reply to message #512801] Sun, 07 February 2010 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
Messages: 163
Registered: January 2010
Location: Egypt
Senior Member
yes, thanks for ur care,

I am supposed to understand a project was built on eclipse 3.1 and EMF 2.1 with uml2 version 1.1

It is an ATL one, but those as prerequests
I downloaded the EMF from source as Zip files and copied them to the plugin/features folders but no way.

Actually I did not found an update site.

For note,
I use jdk 5,

thank u
Re: EMF 2.1 with Eclipse 3.1 compatiblity [message #512930 is a reply to message #512803] Mon, 08 February 2010 11:36 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26237
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
What you did should work. You're sure things ended up properly in the
plugins and features folders? It's otherwise impossible to say what's
gone wrong with the information you've provided.


wafaa wrote:
> yes, thanks for ur care,
>
> I am supposed to understand a project was built on eclipse 3.1 and EMF
> 2.1 with uml2 version 1.1
>
> It is an ATL one, but those as prerequests
> I downloaded the EMF from source as Zip files and copied them to the
> plugin/features folders but no way.
>
> Actually I did not found an update site.
>
> For note, I use jdk 5,
>
> thank u
Previous Topic:EMF Builder 0.1-beta Released
Next Topic:[CDO] Table CDO_COMMIT_INFOS uses Derby reserved word 'user' as column name
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 13:50:17 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03630 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software