Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails(Can not redeploy EAR with RAP-Application)
Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails [message #499584] Mon, 23 November 2009 12:27 Go to next message
Stephan Strittmatter is currently offline Stephan StrittmatterFriend
We try to redeploy our EAR with included RAP-1.2.1 application. But on both AppServers (JBoss 4 and Websphere 6.1) not all artifacts (plugin-jars) of the previous installation are updated.
We have always stop the app-servers service and delete the files manually to get the update run.

Does anybody have an idea what we miss in our environment?
Re: Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails [message #499786 is a reply to message #499584] Tue, 24 November 2009 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Pavlenko is currently offline Igor PavlenkoFriend
Hi,

We have a same problem on the WebSphere (versions 6.0, 6.1, 7.0).

But I do not think that the RAP team can help. Application Server should clean that folders. But the Application Server know nothing about OSGI framework used in RAP. So it cannot resolve dependencies correctly sometimes.

So, I have a question: what we have to do with it?

Maybe it is possible to add shutdown listener to the framework. But I am not sure that it will be helpfull because there are a different work folders on different Application Servers.

Regards,
Igor
Re: Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails [message #499832 is a reply to message #499786] Tue, 24 November 2009 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Pavlenko wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 01:33

But I do not think that the RAP team can help. Application Server should clean that folders. But the Application Server know nothing about OSGI framework used in RAP. So it cannot resolve dependencies correctly sometimes.

Probably it is not an RAP than an OSGi problem, but I think providing an framework which should be JEE-compilant, should also provide in this situation a solution.

Have anybody already a working solution/workaround for this issue? the problem is, we can not restart the Appserver all the time to update just one RAP-app because severeal other apps are installed on the productive environment.
Re: Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails [message #499926 is a reply to message #499832] Tue, 24 November 2009 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Pavlenko is currently offline Igor PavlenkoFriend
Hi,

As I know, ServletBridge is not a part of a RAP project and RAP is not only the one web application based on equinox. I think we can ask the Equinox team for help.

Regads,
Igor
Re: Redeploy RAP-Application on WebSphere and JBoss fails [message #500183 is a reply to message #499926] Wed, 25 November 2009 09:49 Go to previous message
Igor Pavlenko wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 09:36
Hi,

As I know, ServletBridge is not a part of a RAP project and RAP is not only the one web application based on equinox. I think we can ask the Equinox team for help.

Regads,
Igor

I posted in Equinox forum:
http:// www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=158401&sta rt=0&S=00c6f4c227c791466e8681c7b8c8ebd5
Previous Topic:RAP Templates with RAP v1.3
Next Topic:OpenDialog with RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:57:13 GMT 2024