Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Not Responding when Starting Up, Prompting Securing Storage Password
Eclipse Not Responding when Starting Up, Prompting Securing Storage Password [message #491305] Wed, 14 October 2009 01:15 Go to next message
Lei Yu is currently offline Lei Yu
My issue might be a quite unique one, since I've searched everywhere, without finding a similar case. And as a newbie, I don't even know where to begin diagnosis. Any hints will be welcome.

My case is simply that Eclipse stopped responding in its startup, right after it prompted a model dialogue asking me to imput the Securing Storage Password. I mean, the dialogue is there, but it did not respond to any key input. Sad

The Eclipse is of GANYMEDE version, running on CentOS 5. Actually, it is running on a VMWare virtual machine, but I don't think that shall matter. The Eclipse was installed by someone else, and the only thing I've done on it was to install an add-on of sublipse into it.
Re: Eclipse Not Responding when Starting Up, Prompting Securing Storage Password [message #491309 is a reply to message #491305] Wed, 14 October 2009 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lei Yu is currently offline Lei Yu
I forgot to mention that this issue only happened today, with yesterday everything looks fine. However, I could not remember which operation I had done, to tear it down. Sad
Re: Eclipse Not Responding when Starting Up, Prompting Securing Storage Password [message #491824 is a reply to message #491309] Thu, 15 October 2009 22:28 Go to previous message
Anthony Do is currently offline Anthony Do
I think it's your OS's security strategy did all the tricks. or u've add some 3rd party plug-ins which request for the pwd!

As far as I know, there' s no such "Security Storage" thing in the defautl Eclipse distribution package.

HTH
Anthony
Previous Topic:Where should I post these items?
Next Topic:Distribute a plugin as folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 22 15:52:38 EDT 2014