Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HTML (Can Eclipse or an Eclipse plugin or ? display HTML code)
HTML [message #488497] Mon, 28 September 2009 22:36 Go to next message
craig  is currently offline craig Friend
My question is dying on the vine Sad

I mention in a reply that the title description is misleading. I don't want to display the code I wanted "something" within Eclipse that would run the code... show the layout of the html So then I could move on to developing PHP/Javascripts et cetera.. install the dynamic features. Is not Eclipse at this point in it's development?

end of edit.. following is the original question

I'm assuming I run the Web perspective to develop HTML and CSS code. There is both an HTML editor and CSS editor running with Eclipse. "eclipse-php-galileo-win32 I have installed
Build id: 20090619-0625

From this point I can not seem to find out how to "DISPLAY" the script code "within?" Eclipse or isn't that possible. Sad

Under Eclipse "Window" there is a listing "web Browser" and from there, there are 4 selction, selection 0 being "internal web browser"

I have Eclipse set to "internal web browser"

I assumed that this might pull up when I go and "run" the html script
but I get an error "The selection can not be run on any server"

If for what ever this is "internal web browser" is meaning less in this instance then can I get Eclipse to link with the Apache2.2 server I have running on this machine? http://localserver

I simply can not find any documentation in Eclipse that address this issue? If it's discussed in the documentation somewhere then please direct me to it.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2009 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HTML [message #488510 is a reply to message #488497] Tue, 29 September 2009 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
craig wrote:

>
> From this point I can not seem to find out how to "DISPLAY" the script
> code "within?"

You may be over thinking it. If its just HTML, you can use "Open
with...." the web browser and it displays it in browser. No need to
run on server (for HTML).
Re: HTML [message #488649 is a reply to message #488510] Tue, 29 September 2009 15:30 Go to previous message
craig  is currently offline craig Friend
Who's "Open"

Maybe you meant one of my Web browser's?
I suppose I can figure out someway to access these files from "outside" Eclipse... and perhaps that is what I'll end up doing although when I tested this I got

You don't have permission to access /E:/Eclipse Workspace/Projects/MyHtml/htmltest.html on this server

"Open" within eclipse ...opens the file within the workspace and that I'm not interested at this point

Which "open" were you suggesting

thank you

ps I just realized how I've misrepresented the problem.. My problem "statement" says "display HTML code" I don't want to see the code I want the image or the output from the code! I want to see what the/a browser would generate. and I thought I could do this within Eclipse with one of its tools somehow someway

[Updated on: Tue, 29 September 2009 19:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Ganymede:Debugger: Cannot find a free socket for the debugger
Next Topic:Show View in Editor Area
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:09:14 GMT 2024