Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » export Eclipse product using ant script files
export Eclipse product using ant script files [message #433067] Mon, 27 June 2005 08:47 Go to next message
Tom Klipps is currently offline Tom Klipps
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

We are creating an RCP-Application and looking at ways to automate the
build process. Currently I am playing around with Eclipse RC3, looked at
tutorials like "Automating Eclipse Based Products Builds with PDE Build"
and got to a point where I can build my product using the pde build
script files.

But that only builds my own plug-in and does not export the whole thing
as an application with all the branding and things I specify in a
..product file like when I do a File->Export->Eclipse product. I looked
at some pde source code and got the impression that there are a lot of
things happening during such an export that can not easily be done using
ant scripts.

So I was wondering if the "File->Export->Eclipse product" functionality
is accessible in an ant script.

Thanks,
Tom
Re: export Eclipse product using ant script files [message #433081 is a reply to message #433067] Tue, 28 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Isn't there an option to generate an Ant script in the first wizard page?

Bob


Tom Klipps wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are creating an RCP-Application and looking at ways to automate the
> build process. Currently I am playing around with Eclipse RC3, looked at
> tutorials like "Automating Eclipse Based Products Builds with PDE Build"
> and got to a point where I can build my product using the pde build
> script files.
>
> But that only builds my own plug-in and does not export the whole thing
> as an application with all the branding and things I specify in a
> .product file like when I do a File->Export->Eclipse product. I looked
> at some pde source code and got the impression that there are a lot of
> things happening during such an export that can not easily be done using
> ant scripts.
>
> So I was wondering if the "File->Export->Eclipse product" functionality
> is accessible in an ant script.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
Re: export Eclipse product using ant script files [message #433087 is a reply to message #433081] Tue, 28 June 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Klipps is currently offline Tom Klipps
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
No, only if you export as plugin it is possible to save the generated
ant file. In case you export everything as an eclipse product you don't
have this option.

Tom

Bob Foster schrieb:
> Isn't there an option to generate an Ant script in the first wizard page?
>
> Bob
>
>
> Tom Klipps wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are creating an RCP-Application and looking at ways to automate the
>> build process. Currently I am playing around with Eclipse RC3, looked
>> at tutorials like "Automating Eclipse Based Products Builds with PDE
>> Build" and got to a point where I can build my product using the pde
>> build script files.
>>
>> But that only builds my own plug-in and does not export the whole
>> thing as an application with all the branding and things I specify in
>> a .product file like when I do a File->Export->Eclipse product. I
>> looked at some pde source code and got the impression that there are a
>> lot of things happening during such an export that can not easily be
>> done using ant scripts.
>>
>> So I was wondering if the "File->Export->Eclipse product"
>> functionality is accessible in an ant script.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
Re: export Eclipse product using ant script files [message #433090 is a reply to message #433087] Tue, 28 June 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

I hadn't noticed. Pity. That would be a good feature request. The export
build for a multi-platform product takes forever. (That, in fact, is why
I didn't just look at the dialog before I replied.)

Bob

Tom Klipps wrote:
> No, only if you export as plugin it is possible to save the generated
> ant file. In case you export everything as an eclipse product you don't
> have this option.
>
> Tom
>
> Bob Foster schrieb:
>
>> Isn't there an option to generate an Ant script in the first wizard page?
>>
>> Bob
>>
>>
>> Tom Klipps wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are creating an RCP-Application and looking at ways to automate
>>> the build process. Currently I am playing around with Eclipse RC3,
>>> looked at tutorials like "Automating Eclipse Based Products Builds
>>> with PDE Build" and got to a point where I can build my product using
>>> the pde build script files.
>>>
>>> But that only builds my own plug-in and does not export the whole
>>> thing as an application with all the branding and things I specify in
>>> a .product file like when I do a File->Export->Eclipse product. I
>>> looked at some pde source code and got the impression that there are
>>> a lot of things happening during such an export that can not easily
>>> be done using ant scripts.
>>>
>>> So I was wondering if the "File->Export->Eclipse product"
>>> functionality is accessible in an ant script.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom
Re: export Eclipse product using ant script files [message #433172 is a reply to message #433090] Thu, 30 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous message
Wassim Melhem is currently offline Wassim Melhem
Messages: 28
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
The Ant script feature in the plugin/feature export wizard is good and
useful, but it's neither synchronous nor headless.

After all I heard in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=58413
I did not want to invest in a similar function for the product export.

Wassim
Previous Topic:Problem with Hyperlink wrap (Eclipse Forms)
Next Topic:Update Manager
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 02:00:22 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02315 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software