Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MDT (Model Development Tools) » Validation implementation
Validation implementation [message #378625] Sun, 29 June 2008 14:04 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: shahar.maoz.weizmann.ac.il

Hi,

I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation.

For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.
I see a place holder for its implementation in
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl
and its related operations
package
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations.

Are these actually implemented?
Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL
constraints?

Please advise.

Shahar
Re: Validation implementation [message #378626 is a reply to message #378625] Sun, 29 June 2008 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.zeligsoft.com

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, Shahar,

These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2
newsgroup.

The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet
implemented. The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions
of implementations for these :-)

Cheers,

Christian


On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation.
>
> For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.
> I see a place holder for its implementation in
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl
> and its related operations
> package
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations.
>
> Are these actually implemented?
> Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL
> constraints?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Shahar
>
>

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.16.0">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi, Shahar,<BR>
<BR>
These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2 newsgroup.<BR>
<BR>
The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet implemented.&nbsp; The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions of implementations for these&nbsp; :-)<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
<BR>
Christian<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Hi,</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation. </FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.</FONT >
<FONT COLOR="#000000">I see a place holder for its implementation in </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">and its related operations </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">package </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000"> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations. </FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Are these actually implemented?</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">constraints?</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Please advise.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Shahar</FONT>


</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD--
Re: Validation implementation [message #378631 is a reply to message #378626] Wed, 23 July 2008 15:05 Go to previous message
james bruck is currently offline james bruckFriend
Messages: 1724
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes indeed. There are some validation rules that are implemented but =
the remaining work is requested from the community.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307

"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@zeligsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:1214775183.6484.5.camel@cwdlappy...
Hi, Shahar,

These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2 =
newsgroup.

The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet =
implemented. The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions =
of implementations for these :-)

Cheers,

Christian


On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:=20
Hi,

I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation. =
=20

For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.
I see a place holder for its implementation in=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl
and its related operations=20
package=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations.

Are these actually implemented?
Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL=20
constraints?

Please advise.

Shahar



------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; CHARSET=3DUTF-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3157" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes indeed.&nbsp;&nbsp; There are some =
validation=20
rules that are implemented but the remaining work is requested from the=20
community.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307">https://bu=
gs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307</A></FONT></DIV >
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Christian W. Damus" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:cdamus@zeligsoft.com">cdamus@zeligsoft.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:1214775183.6484.5.camel@cwdlappy">news:1214775183.6484.5.cam=
el@cwdlappy</A>...</DIV>Hi,=20
Shahar,<BR><BR>These questions are best asked on the =
eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2=20
newsgroup.<BR><BR>The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and =
large,=20
not yet implemented.&nbsp; The UML2 team is more than happy to accept=20
contributions of implementations for these&nbsp;=20
:-)<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Christian<BR><BR><BR>On Sun, 2008-06-29 at =
14:04=20
+0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:=20
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE"><PRE><FONT color=3D#000000>Hi,</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>I am looking into various validation methods and =
their implementation. </FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>For example, validateAssume(...) method of =
Interface </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.</FONT >
<FONT color=3D#000000>I see a place holder for its implementation in =
</FONT>
<FONT =
color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl <=
/FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>and its related operations </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>package </FONT>
<FONT =
color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositio=
nOperations.</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Are these actually implemented?</FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>Will the implementation be manual or somehow =
generated from OCL </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>constraints?</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Please advise.</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Shahar</FONT>


</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400--
Re: Validation implementation [message #593616 is a reply to message #378625] Sun, 29 June 2008 21:33 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.zeligsoft.com

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, Shahar,

These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2
newsgroup.

The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet
implemented. The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions
of implementations for these :-)

Cheers,

Christian


On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation.
>
> For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.
> I see a place holder for its implementation in
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl
> and its related operations
> package
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations.
>
> Are these actually implemented?
> Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL
> constraints?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Shahar
>
>

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.16.0">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi, Shahar,<BR>
<BR>
These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2 newsgroup.<BR>
<BR>
The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet implemented.&nbsp; The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions of implementations for these&nbsp; :-)<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
<BR>
Christian<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Hi,</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation. </FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.</FONT >
<FONT COLOR="#000000">I see a place holder for its implementation in </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">and its related operations </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">package </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000"> org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations. </FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Are these actually implemented?</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">constraints?</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Please advise.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Shahar</FONT>


</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-pxxlAMORXf38A4+unCLD--
Re: Validation implementation [message #593667 is a reply to message #378626] Wed, 23 July 2008 15:05 Go to previous message
james bruck is currently offline james bruckFriend
Messages: 1724
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes indeed. There are some validation rules that are implemented but =
the remaining work is requested from the community.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307

"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@zeligsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:1214775183.6484.5.camel@cwdlappy...
Hi, Shahar,

These questions are best asked on the eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2 =
newsgroup.

The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and large, not yet =
implemented. The UML2 team is more than happy to accept contributions =
of implementations for these :-)

Cheers,

Christian


On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 14:04 +0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:=20
Hi,

I am looking into various validation methods and their implementation. =
=20

For example, validateAssume(...) method of Interface=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.
I see a place holder for its implementation in=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl
and its related operations=20
package=20
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositionOp erations.

Are these actually implemented?
Will the implementation be manual or somehow generated from OCL=20
constraints?

Please advise.

Shahar



------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; CHARSET=3DUTF-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3157" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes indeed.&nbsp;&nbsp; There are some =
validation=20
rules that are implemented but the remaining work is requested from the=20
community.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307">https://bu=
gs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3D80307</A></FONT></DIV >
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Christian W. Damus" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:cdamus@zeligsoft.com">cdamus@zeligsoft.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:1214775183.6484.5.camel@cwdlappy">news:1214775183.6484.5.cam=
el@cwdlappy</A>...</DIV>Hi,=20
Shahar,<BR><BR>These questions are best asked on the =
eclipse.modeling.mdt.uml2=20
newsgroup.<BR><BR>The constraints defined in the UML spec are, by and =
large,=20
not yet implemented.&nbsp; The UML2 team is more than happy to accept=20
contributions of implementations for these&nbsp;=20
:-)<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Christian<BR><BR><BR>On Sun, 2008-06-29 at =
14:04=20
+0000, Shahar Maoz wrote:=20
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE"><PRE><FONT color=3D#000000>Hi,</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>I am looking into various validation methods and =
their implementation. </FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>For example, validateAssume(...) method of =
Interface </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.PartDecomposition.</FONT >
<FONT color=3D#000000>I see a place holder for its implementation in =
</FONT>
<FONT =
color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PartDecompositionImpl <=
/FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>and its related operations </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>package </FONT>
<FONT =
color=3D#000000>org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PartDecompositio=
nOperations.</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Are these actually implemented?</FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>Will the implementation be manual or somehow =
generated from OCL </FONT>
<FONT color=3D#000000>constraints?</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Please advise.</FONT>

<FONT color=3D#000000>Shahar</FONT>


</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8ECB3.FD30E400--
Previous Topic:Validation implementation
Next Topic:Problem while re-generating UML2Tools clazz diagram
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 15:59:23 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software