Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Setting Chart width
Setting Chart width [message #366549] Fri, 09 January 2009 07:35 Go to next message
Tadej is currently offline TadejFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,
I'm new with eclipse and birt, and have a problem that has been making me
nutts.
I'm trying to resize a chart inserted in a table row. what I need is:

if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
this.width ="8,65in";

}else
{
}

I already managed it with labels and its styles :

if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
this.getStyle().fontSize ="11px";
this.getStyle().paddingLeft ="1px";

}
else
{
this.getStyle();
}

but I can't get the chart to resize, all I ve tried, nothing worked, the
chart appeared as it is sized in report layout.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm using BIRT 2.2.2
Re: Setting Chart width [message #366552 is a reply to message #366549] Fri, 09 January 2009 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Try "8.65in" not "8,65in" - your locale is only used in the GUI.

Colin

Tadej wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new with eclipse and birt, and have a problem that has been making
> me nutts.
> I'm trying to resize a chart inserted in a table row. what I need is:
>
> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
> this.width ="8,65in";
>
> }else
> {
> }
>
> I already managed it with labels and its styles :
>
> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
> this.getStyle().fontSize ="11px";
> this.getStyle().paddingLeft ="1px";
>
> }
> else
> {
> this.getStyle();
> }
>
> but I can't get the chart to resize, all I ve tried, nothing worked, the
> chart appeared as it is sized in report layout.
>
> Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
>
> P.S. I'm using BIRT 2.2.2
>
Re: Setting Chart width [message #366564 is a reply to message #366552] Mon, 12 January 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadej is currently offline TadejFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I've already tried, but still no change!
Any more ideas??

Thanks in advance



Colin wrote:

> Try "8.65in" not "8,65in" - your locale is only used in the GUI.

> Colin

> Tadej wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm new with eclipse and birt, and have a problem that has been making
>> me nutts.
>> I'm trying to resize a chart inserted in a table row. what I need is:
>>
>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>> this.width ="8,65in";
>>
>> }else
>> {
>> }
>>
>> I already managed it with labels and its styles :
>>
>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>> this.getStyle().fontSize ="11px";
>> this.getStyle().paddingLeft ="1px";
>>
>> }
>> else
>> {
>> this.getStyle();
>> }
>>
>> but I can't get the chart to resize, all I ve tried, nothing worked, the
>> chart appeared as it is sized in report layout.
>>
>> Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
>>
>> P.S. I'm using BIRT 2.2.2
>>
Re: Setting Chart width [message #366578 is a reply to message #366564] Mon, 12 January 2009 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

Take a look at this blog post.

http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2008/04/birt-resizing-charts.h tml

Jason

Tadej wrote:
> I've already tried, but still no change!
> Any more ideas??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>
>
> Colin wrote:
>
>> Try "8.65in" not "8,65in" - your locale is only used in the GUI.
>
>> Colin
>
>> Tadej wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm new with eclipse and birt, and have a problem that has been
>>> making me nutts.
>>> I'm trying to resize a chart inserted in a table row. what I need is:
>>>
>>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>>> this.width ="8,65in";
>>>
>>> }else
>>> {
>>> }
>>>
>>> I already managed it with labels and its styles :
>>>
>>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>>> this.getStyle().fontSize ="11px";
>>> this.getStyle().paddingLeft ="1px";
>>>
>>> }
>>> else
>>> {
>>> this.getStyle(); }
>>>
>>> but I can't get the chart to resize, all I ve tried, nothing worked,
>>> the chart appeared as it is sized in report layout.
>>>
>>> Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> P.S. I'm using BIRT 2.2.2
>>>
>
>
Re: Setting Chart width [message #366586 is a reply to message #366578] Tue, 13 January 2009 11:22 Go to previous message
Tadej is currently offline TadejFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello Jason


Thank you very much, that rely helped me. Thank you again.

Tadej


Jason Weathersby wrote:

> Take a look at this blog post.

> http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2008/04/birt-resizing-charts.h tml

> Jason

> Tadej wrote:
>> I've already tried, but still no change!
>> Any more ideas??
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>>
>> Colin wrote:
>>
>>> Try "8.65in" not "8,65in" - your locale is only used in the GUI.
>>
>>> Colin
>>
>>> Tadej wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>> I'm new with eclipse and birt, and have a problem that has been
>>>> making me nutts.
>>>> I'm trying to resize a chart inserted in a table row. what I need is:
>>>>
>>>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>>>> this.width ="8,65in";
>>>>
>>>> }else
>>>> {
>>>> }
>>>>
>>>> I already managed it with labels and its styles :
>>>>
>>>> if (reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf"){
>>>> this.getStyle().fontSize ="11px";
>>>> this.getStyle().paddingLeft ="1px";
>>>>
>>>> }
>>>> else
>>>> {
>>>> this.getStyle(); }
>>>>
>>>> but I can't get the chart to resize, all I ve tried, nothing worked,
>>>> the chart appeared as it is sized in report layout.
>>>>
>>>> Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
>>>>
>>>> P.S. I'm using BIRT 2.2.2
>>>>
>>
>>
Previous Topic:Using Viewer In RCP
Next Topic:org.eclipse.birt.api exports wrong packages, so there is a ClassNotFoundException for com.ibm.icu.te
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 14:38:44 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software