Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Re: Ganymede hangs at loading workbench
Re: Ganymede hangs at loading workbench [message #330613] Tue, 05 August 2008 11:50 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eclipse-news.rizzoweb.com

Moving this to eclipse.platform, as it does not seem to be SWT-related.

Alex Milanovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Ganymede with plugins for Maven, Mylyn, and Subversion on
> Linux Fedora 8. Ganymede has hung in the past (e.g. upon opening any
> file - the problem went away on its own after several hours), but now it
> does not pass the splash screen stage. I switched from JDK 1.5 to JDK
> 1.6 but that didn't change anything. I've also updated GTK-related
> packages to no avail as well. Eclipse does start up successfully when I
> point it to a different workspace (smaller in size). The problematic
> workspace should be in a good state though because it worked fine with
> Eclipse a few days ago when I used it the last time. Below I pasted the
> content of the log file content followed by the JVM dump (after sending
> it a Quit signal). The messages in the log used to appear even when
> Eclipse did not hang.
>
> Any idea what this is and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> !SESSION 2008-08-05 16:43:35.939
> -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
> java.version=1.6.0_07
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
> Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the
> 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Starting application: 956
> Application Started: 6443
> Start VM: -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
> -Xms256m
> -Xmx1024m
> -XX:PermSize=256m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
> -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib
> -Djava.class.path=/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equ inox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080509-1800.jar
>
> -os linux
> -ws gtk
> -arch x86
> -showsplash
> /usr/share/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.100.v20 0806172000/splash.bmp
>
> -launcher /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse
> -name Eclipse
> --launcher.library
> /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk. linux.x86_1.0.100.v20080606/eclipse_1114b.so
>
> -startup
> /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0. 100.v20080509-1800.jar
>
> -framework plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20080605-1900.jar
> -launcher /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse
> -framework plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20080605-1900.jar
> -debug
> -data /home/alex/workspace
> -vm /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so
> -vmargs
> -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
> -Xms256m
> -Xmx1024m
> -XX:PermSize=256m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
> -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib
> -Djava.class.path=/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equ inox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080509-1800.jar
>
> Install location:
> file:/usr/share/eclipse/
> Configuration file:
> file:/usr/share/eclipse/configuration/config.ini loaded
> Configuration location:
> file:/usr/share/eclipse/configuration/
> Framework located:
>
> file:/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v2008 0605-1900.jar
> Framework classpath:
>
> file:/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v2008 0605-1900.jar
> Splash location:
>
> /usr/share/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.100.v20 0806172000/splash.bmp
>
> Debug options:
> file:/home/alex/workspace/.options not found
> Time to load bundles: 8
> Starting application: 945
> 2008-08-05 16:56:32
> Full thread dump Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b23 mixed mode, sharing):
>
> "Worker-1" prio=10 tid=0x08b35800 nid=0x1b56 in Object.wait()
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x19404af0> (a
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.sleep(WorkerPool.j ava:185)
> - locked <0x19404af0> (a org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.startJob(WorkerPoo l.java:217)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:51)
>
> "Thread-2" prio=10 tid=0xb7971400 nid=0x1b55 in Object.wait()
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x15430690> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:185)
> - locked <0x15430690> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4021)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithThrowable(St artupThreading.java:85)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState(EditorMan ager.java:938)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(Workbench Page.java:3131)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:2102)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doRestoreState(Workbench.j ava:3357)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$30(Workbench.java:3 299)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$53.run(Workbench.java:2091 )
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Wor kbench.java:1804)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:2089)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$28(Workbench.java:2 060)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$48.run(Workbench.java:1923 )
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1867)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer.java:183)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor$1.run(WorkbenchA dvisor.java:781)
>
>
> "Thread-1" prio=10 tid=0x0869ac00 nid=0x1b53 in Object.wait()
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x198dafe0> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:185)
> - locked <0x198dafe0> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4021)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutException s(StartupThreading.java:94)
>
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1356)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$32(Workbench.java:1 278)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$57.run(Workbench.java:2281 )
>
> "Worker-0" prio=10 tid=0x08536000 nid=0x1b52 in Object.wait()
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x19404af0> (a
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.sleep(WorkerPool.j ava:185)
> - locked <0x19404af0> (a org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.startJob(WorkerPoo l.java:217)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:51)
>
> "Start Level Event Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0835b000 nid=0x1b51
> in Object.wait()
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x191738e8> (a
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .getNextEvent(EventManager.java:377)
>
> - locked <0x191738e8> (a
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:317)
>
>
> "Framework Event Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08376800 nid=0x1b50 in
> Object.wait()
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x19173960> (a
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .getNextEvent(EventManager.java:377)
>
> - locked <0x19173960> (a
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:317)
>
>
> "State Data Manager" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08389800 nid=0x1b4f waiting on
> condition
> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (sleeping)
> at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.StateManager.run(State Manager.java:297)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> "Low Memory Detector" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08132c00 nid=0x1b4d runnable
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> "CompilerThread0" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08128000 nid=0x1b4c waiting on
> condition
> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> "Signal Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08126c00 nid=0x1b4b waiting on
> condition
> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> "Finalizer" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08122400 nid=0x1b4a in Object.wait()
>
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x19173c28> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
> at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:116)
> - locked <0x19173c28> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
> at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:132)
> at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:1 59)
>
> "Reference Handler" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0811dc00 nid=0x1b49 in
> Object.wait()
> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x19173898> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
> at java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java: 116)
> - locked <0x19173898> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
>
> "main" prio=10 tid=0x080f6000 nid=0x1b02 runnable [0xbfe55000..0xbfe56448]
> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_enumerate_printers(Nati ve Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_enumerate_printers(OS.ja va:6459)
> at org.eclipse.swt.printing.Printer.getPrinterList(Printer.java :88)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.isPrintable(TextViewer.jav a:4160)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.canDoOperation(TextViewer. java:3697)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.canDoOperation(So urceViewer.java:701)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.ProjectionViewer.ca nDoOperation(ProjectionViewer.java:1525)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.canDoOp eration(StructuredTextViewer.java:149)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.update(TextOpe rationAction.java:157)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.<init>(TextOperationAction.java:103)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createActions(A bstractTextEditor.java:5526)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.create Actions(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:1090)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.createActions(TextEdi tor.java:118)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor.createActions(St ructuredTextEditor.java:1426)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartContr ol(AbstractTextEditor.java:3361)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl (StatusTextEditor.java:53)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.create PartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:394)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor.createPartContro l(StructuredTextEditor.java:1583)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEdi torPart.java:217)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEdi torPart.java:187)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditor Part.addSourcePage(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditor Part.createPages(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:580)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(Mu ltiPageEditorPart.java:310)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(Edi torReference.java:661)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorRef erence.java:428)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(Workb enchPartReference.java:594)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(Ed itorAreaHelper.java:263)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(Edito rManager.java:1410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(Edi torManager.java:944)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>
> - locked <0x15430690> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3378)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3036)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.java:803)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$27.runWithException(Workbe nch.java:1361)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>
> - locked <0x198dafe0> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3378)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3036)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2293)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:21 98)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:288)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:488)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:193)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:382)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
>
> "VM Thread" prio=10 tid=0x0811c800 nid=0x1b48 runnable
>
> "VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=10 tid=0x08146000 nid=0x1b4e waiting on
> condition
>
> JNI global references: 1322
>
> Heap
> def new generation total 18176K, used 15501K [0x14270000, 0x15620000,
> 0x19130000)
> eden space 16192K, 83% used [0x14270000, 0x14fa3560, 0x15240000)
> from space 1984K, 100% used [0x15430000, 0x15620000, 0x15620000)
> to space 1984K, 0% used [0x15240000, 0x15240000, 0x15430000)
> tenured generation total 241984K, used 13636K [0x19130000,
> 0x27d80000, 0x54270000)
> the space 241984K, 5% used [0x19130000, 0x19e81030, 0x19e81200,
> 0x27d80000)
> compacting perm gen total 262144K, used 21862K [0x54270000,
> 0x64270000, 0x94270000)
> the space 262144K, 8% used [0x54270000, 0x557c9988, 0x557c9a00,
> 0x64270000)
> ro space 8192K, 73% used [0x94270000, 0x948535a8, 0x94853600,
> 0x94a70000)
> rw space 12288K, 58% used [0x94a70000, 0x95168878, 0x95168a00,
> 0x95670000)
Re: Ganymede hangs at loading workbench [message #330614 is a reply to message #330613] Tue, 05 August 2008 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IV
Messages: 472
Registered: July 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Senior Member
This appears to be the smoking gun:

>> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_enumerate_printers(Nati ve Method)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_enumerate_printers(OS.ja va:6459)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.printing.Printer.getPrinterList(Printer.java :88)
>> at


Could there be some issue finding your networked printers or something
like that (I don't know much about printer support for Linux)?


Eric Rizzo wrote:
> Moving this to eclipse.platform, as it does not seem to be SWT-related.
>
> Alex Milanovic wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using Ganymede with plugins for Maven, Mylyn, and Subversion on
>> Linux Fedora 8. Ganymede has hung in the past (e.g. upon opening any
>> file - the problem went away on its own after several hours), but now
>> it does not pass the splash screen stage. I switched from JDK 1.5 to
>> JDK 1.6 but that didn't change anything. I've also updated GTK-related
>> packages to no avail as well. Eclipse does start up successfully when
>> I point it to a different workspace (smaller in size). The problematic
>> workspace should be in a good state though because it worked fine with
>> Eclipse a few days ago when I used it the last time. Below I pasted
>> the content of the log file content followed by the JVM dump (after
>> sending it a Quit signal). The messages in the log used to appear even
>> when Eclipse did not hang.
>>
>> Any idea what this is and how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>
>> !SESSION 2008-08-05 16:43:35.939
>> -----------------------------------------------
>> eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
>> java.version=1.6.0_07
>> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
>> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
>> Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86
>>
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the
>> 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>> !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command:
>> plug-in='org.eclipse.tm.terminal', id='org.eclipse.tm.terminal.command1'
>> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2008-08-05 16:43:37.991
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Starting application: 956
>> Application Started: 6443
>> Start VM: -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
>> -Xms256m
>> -Xmx1024m
>> -XX:PermSize=256m
>> -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
>> -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib
>> -Djava.class.path=/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equ inox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080509-1800.jar
>>
>> -os linux
>> -ws gtk
>> -arch x86
>> -showsplash
>> /usr/share/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.100.v20 0806172000/splash.bmp
>>
>> -launcher /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse
>> -name Eclipse
>> --launcher.library
>> /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk. linux.x86_1.0.100.v20080606/eclipse_1114b.so
>>
>> -startup
>> /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0. 100.v20080509-1800.jar
>>
>> -framework plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20080605-1900.jar
>> -launcher /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse
>> -framework plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20080605-1900.jar
>> -debug
>> -data /home/alex/workspace
>> -vm /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so
>> -vmargs
>> -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
>> -Xms256m
>> -Xmx1024m
>> -XX:PermSize=256m
>> -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
>> -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib
>> -Djava.class.path=/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equ inox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080509-1800.jar
>>
>> Install location:
>> file:/usr/share/eclipse/
>> Configuration file:
>> file:/usr/share/eclipse/configuration/config.ini loaded
>> Configuration location:
>> file:/usr/share/eclipse/configuration/
>> Framework located:
>>
>> file:/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v2008 0605-1900.jar
>> Framework classpath:
>>
>> file:/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v2008 0605-1900.jar
>> Splash location:
>>
>> /usr/share/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.100.v20 0806172000/splash.bmp
>>
>> Debug options:
>> file:/home/alex/workspace/.options not found
>> Time to load bundles: 8
>> Starting application: 945
>> 2008-08-05 16:56:32
>> Full thread dump Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b23 mixed mode,
>> sharing):
>>
>> "Worker-1" prio=10 tid=0x08b35800 nid=0x1b56 in Object.wait()
>>
>> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x19404af0> (a
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.sleep(WorkerPool.j ava:185)
>> - locked <0x19404af0> (a
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.startJob(WorkerPoo l.java:217)
>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:51)
>>
>> "Thread-2" prio=10 tid=0xb7971400 nid=0x1b55 in Object.wait()
>>
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x15430690> (a
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:185)
>> - locked <0x15430690> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4021)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithThrowable(St artupThreading.java:85)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState(EditorMan ager.java:938)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(Workbench Page.java:3131)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:2102)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doRestoreState(Workbench.j ava:3357)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$30(Workbench.java:3 299)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$53.run(Workbench.java:2091 )
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Wor kbench.java:1804)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:2089)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$28(Workbench.java:2 060)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$48.run(Workbench.java:1923 )
>> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1867)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer.java:183)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor$1.run(WorkbenchA dvisor.java:781)
>>
>>
>> "Thread-1" prio=10 tid=0x0869ac00 nid=0x1b53 in Object.wait()
>>
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x198dafe0> (a
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:185)
>> - locked <0x198dafe0> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4021)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutException s(StartupThreading.java:94)
>>
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1356)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$32(Workbench.java:1 278)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$57.run(Workbench.java:2281 )
>>
>> "Worker-0" prio=10 tid=0x08536000 nid=0x1b52 in Object.wait()
>>
>> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x19404af0> (a
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.sleep(WorkerPool.j ava:185)
>> - locked <0x19404af0> (a
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.startJob(WorkerPoo l.java:217)
>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:51)
>>
>> "Start Level Event Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0835b000
>> nid=0x1b51 in Object.wait()
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x191738e8> (a
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .getNextEvent(EventManager.java:377)
>>
>> - locked <0x191738e8> (a
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
>> at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:317)
>>
>>
>> "Framework Event Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08376800 nid=0x1b50
>> in Object.wait()
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x19173960> (a
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .getNextEvent(EventManager.java:377)
>>
>> - locked <0x19173960> (a
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread )
>> at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread .run(EventManager.java:317)
>>
>>
>> "State Data Manager" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08389800 nid=0x1b4f waiting
>> on condition
>> java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (sleeping)
>> at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.StateManager.run(State Manager.java:297)
>>
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>
>> "Low Memory Detector" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08132c00 nid=0x1b4d
>> runnable
>> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>>
>> "CompilerThread0" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08128000 nid=0x1b4c waiting on
>> condition
>> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>>
>> "Signal Dispatcher" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08126c00 nid=0x1b4b waiting
>> on condition
>> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>>
>> "Finalizer" daemon prio=10 tid=0x08122400 nid=0x1b4a in Object.wait()
>>
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x19173c28> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
>> at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:116)
>> - locked <0x19173c28> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
>> at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:132)
>> at
>> java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:1 59)
>>
>> "Reference Handler" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0811dc00 nid=0x1b49 in
>> Object.wait()
>> java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> - waiting on <0x19173898> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
>> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>> at
>> java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java: 116)
>> - locked <0x19173898> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
>>
>> "main" prio=10 tid=0x080f6000 nid=0x1b02 runnable
>> [0xbfe55000..0xbfe56448]
>> java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_enumerate_printers(Nati ve Method)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.gtk_enumerate_printers(OS.ja va:6459)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.printing.Printer.getPrinterList(Printer.java :88)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.isPrintable(TextViewer.jav a:4160)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.canDoOperation(TextViewer. java:3697)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.canDoOperation(So urceViewer.java:701)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.ProjectionViewer.ca nDoOperation(ProjectionViewer.java:1525)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.canDoOp eration(StructuredTextViewer.java:149)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.update(TextOpe rationAction.java:157)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.TextOperationAction.<init>(TextOperationAction.java:103)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createActions(A bstractTextEditor.java:5526)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.create Actions(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:1090)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.createActions(TextEdi tor.java:118)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor.createActions(St ructuredTextEditor.java:1426)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartContr ol(AbstractTextEditor.java:3361)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl (StatusTextEditor.java:53)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.create PartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:394)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor.createPartContro l(StructuredTextEditor.java:1583)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEdi torPart.java:217)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEdi torPart.java:187)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditor Part.addSourcePage(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:410)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditor Part.createPages(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:580)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(Mu ltiPageEditorPart.java:310)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(Edi torReference.java:661)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorRef erence.java:428)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(Workb enchPartReference.java:594)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(Ed itorAreaHelper.java:263)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(Edito rManager.java:1410)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(Edi torManager.java:944)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>>
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>>
>> - locked <0x15430690> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3378)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3036)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.java:803)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$27.runWithException(Workbe nch.java:1361)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>>
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>>
>> - locked <0x198dafe0> (a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3378)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3036)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2293)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:21 98)
>> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:288)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:488)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:193)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:382)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
>>
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
>>
>> "VM Thread" prio=10 tid=0x0811c800 nid=0x1b48 runnable
>>
>> "VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=10 tid=0x08146000 nid=0x1b4e waiting on
>> condition
>>
>> JNI global references: 1322
>>
>> Heap
>> def new generation total 18176K, used 15501K [0x14270000,
>> 0x15620000, 0x19130000)
>> eden space 16192K, 83% used [0x14270000, 0x14fa3560, 0x15240000)
>> from space 1984K, 100% used [0x15430000, 0x15620000, 0x15620000)
>> to space 1984K, 0% used [0x15240000, 0x15240000, 0x15430000)
>> tenured generation total 241984K, used 13636K [0x19130000,
>> 0x27d80000, 0x54270000)
>> the space 241984K, 5% used [0x19130000, 0x19e81030, 0x19e81200,
>> 0x27d80000)
>> compacting perm gen total 262144K, used 21862K [0x54270000,
>> 0x64270000, 0x94270000)
>> the space 262144K, 8% used [0x54270000, 0x557c9988, 0x557c9a00,
>> 0x64270000)
>> ro space 8192K, 73% used [0x94270000, 0x948535a8, 0x94853600,
>> 0x94a70000)
>> rw space 12288K, 58% used [0x94a70000, 0x95168878, 0x95168a00,
>> 0x95670000)


--
*new* Common Navigator Framework section in:
3.4RC4 Platform Plugin Developer Guide (Programmer's Guide)
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.platform. doc.isv/guide/cnf.htm
http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/francis
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Common_Navigator_Framework
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Common_Navigator_Framework_Use_Cases


You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
- Dr Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go


Re: Ganymede hangs at loading workbench [message #330615 is a reply to message #330613] Tue, 05 August 2008 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: zx.code9.com

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#printOnGTKHangs

Cheers,

~ Chris
Re: Ganymede hangs at loading workbench [message #330616 is a reply to message #330615] Tue, 05 August 2008 12:30 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: alex.milanovic.gmail.com

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
> http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#printOnGTKHangs
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris

Thanks, this fixed the problem.
Previous Topic:How to add additional steps to a projects build?
Next Topic:IWorkbenchActivitySupport results in two sets of toolbar buttons?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 20 08:52:07 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01703 seconds