Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » jFace Viewer not allowing deselect using ctrl click
jFace Viewer not allowing deselect using ctrl click [message #557022] Fri, 03 September 2010 16:19 Go to next message
Josh O'Dowd is currently offline Josh O'DowdFriend
Greetings:

I have a jFace TreeViewer that I have given a style bit of SWT.SINGLE. It will not allow a tree element to be deslected using ctrl click on the selected element.

I did find that deselect works if the style bit is set to SWT.MULTI

In my case I need SINGLE select only, with the ability to deselect an element, putting the tree in a no selection state.

I am using eclipse plugin development with eclipse 3.6

Any thoughts??

Thanks for your time.
Re: jFace Viewer not allowing deselect using ctrl click [message #557333 is a reply to message #557022] Mon, 06 September 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

I think this is the default behavior of the platform.
However, you can override this default behavior and make the deselection work for SINGLE tree.
Here is an old thread on how to make deselection work by clicking outside the TreeItems --> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform.swt/m sg45356.html

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: jFace Viewer not allowing deselect using ctrl click [message #557466 is a reply to message #557333] Tue, 07 September 2010 14:17 Go to previous message
Josh O'Dowd is currently offline Josh O'DowdFriend
Thanks,

That's a good work around. I can make that work for me.

-Josh
Previous Topic:JavaDocs
Next Topic:Copy and paste problems in ToolBar Text widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:27:20 GMT 2024