Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Support dropins in RCP?
Support dropins in RCP? [message #515267] Thu, 18 February 2010 10:17 Go to next message
Mohamed Hussein is currently offline Mohamed HusseinFriend
Hello,

First, apologies as this question has been asked before more than one time, and it seems that people seem to get this working, but for some reason or the other I don't Sad

I just want my RCP application to support the dropins folder so that any plugin the user drops in there is detected by the rcp application.

I tried the suggestions in the following links, namely:
- add all the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.* to the dependencies
- add org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins to the configuration tab with AutoStart=true (along with org.eclipse.core.runtime, org.eclipse.equinox.common and org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator)
-- add p2.gathering=true to the build.properties
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=158016
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Adding_Self-Update_to_an_ RCP_Application
http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/03/building-p2-rcp-products -in-eclipse.html

and what I saw is that something feels my plugins, because when I remove them and rerun I get a message in the console that eclipse can't find those plugins, but the contributions the plugins make to the ui are never visible.

I double checked that when I run the product with those plugins in the run configuration (from eclipse) the contribution is visible. but I don't know why it doesn't appear in the exported product with the dropins.

Please help.

Best Regards,
Mohamed.
Re: Support dropins in RCP? [message #554074 is a reply to message #515267] Fri, 20 August 2010 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hello Mohammed,

Were you able to resolve this issue ? Could you please let me know how did you get around this, because even I am kind of stuck at the same point.

And also could you tell me how do i add the property 'p2.gathering=true' to build.properties ?

Thanks,
Murthy
Re: Support dropins in RCP? [message #556181 is a reply to message #554074] Tue, 31 August 2010 08:34 Go to previous message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
I was able to accomplish this by making the changes in the configuration section of the product file. The configuration section looks like below now

<configurations>
<plugin id="com.test.rcp" autoStart="false" startLevel="6" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins" autoStart="true" startLevel="5" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.core.runtime" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.common" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.ds" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="1" />
</configurations>

Previous Topic:Property sheet: property element to group
Next Topic:Listening problem: treeview as service provider and three listener views in the same folder layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:16:00 GMT 2024