Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » log4j.xml not copied to build folder
log4j.xml not copied to build folder [message #549245] Mon, 26 July 2010 09:06 Go to next message
Abid Hussain is currently offline Abid HussainFriend
Hello,

I posted the same question already to the WTP forum, but finally noticed that it is more related to the JDT.

I have a maven project (using the m2 plugin) configured as dynamic web project. In the folder src/main/resources (which is configured in Build Path properties as one of the source folders without any file excluding) there are several configuration files, one of those is log4j.xml. The Build folder is target/classes.

For some reasons which I don't understand all files - including several xml files - in the folder src/main/resources are copied to target/classes but not the log4j.xml.
I always have to copy it manually to target/classes.

The same behaviour does occur when I delete the log4j.xml from src/main/resources and add it again -> it won't be copied.

My question is: has anybody an explanation about this behaviour or could it be that the file is copied but somehow deleted straight away?

Best regards,

Abid
Re: log4j.xml not copied to build folder [message #549250 is a reply to message #549245] Mon, 26 July 2010 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
The file is probably getting filtered while copying. Look at Preferences->Java->Compiler->Building->Output Folder->Filtered Resources
Re: log4j.xml not copied to build folder [message #549324 is a reply to message #549250] Mon, 26 July 2010 13:20 Go to previous message
Abid Hussain is currently offline Abid HussainFriend
I finally found the problem.

Like I said, it is a maven project. In the pom.xml there was an exclude statement considering the log4j.xml.

It seems the m2 plugin hooks into the copying process of the JDT and copies the resources according to the pom.xml instead of the build path properties.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Abid
Previous Topic:keeping revision history thru project split (is it possible?)
Next Topic:Project not using workspace Java compliance setting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:09:47 GMT 2024