Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » Cannot create a PartnerLink in BPEL Designer?(if you can't create PartnerLinks, this might be the solution)
Cannot create a PartnerLink in BPEL Designer? [message #507591] Wed, 13 January 2010 23:49 Go to next message
Song Thuy Nguyen is currently offline Song Thuy NguyenFriend
Hello everyone,

I spent days(!!!)k trying to create BPEL processes but always fail to create PartnerLinks. When it comes to creating PartnerLinks with the wizard the last screen asks me for the name of the 2nd Role, most of the tutorials say that I should skip and just leave it empty and push [finish] to finish the creation. BUT... nor the wizard closed, neither a PartnerLink is created. It was so frustrating, and It seems that noone experience this but me.
After blaming myself I tried it on Windows 7 Prof. and Windows Server 2008, both with java 6 and failed. Tried it with eclipse 3.4 and 3.5, same problem. But when finally used java 1.5 with eclipse 3.4 on Windows Server 2008 it worked, atleast with 3.4. Haven't tried with eclipse 3.5 on W7 yet. I'm just happy that it finally works so I can continue my project.
I suppose it's the the java version that created the bug. I will try to repeat it on my Windows 7 machine and tell you if it worked out.
I hope someone with the same problem read this and not waste days screaming like me. Rolling Eyes

Greetings

Thuy
Re: Cannot create a PartnerLink in BPEL Designer? [message #509112 is a reply to message #507591] Thu, 21 January 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Song Thuy Nguyen is currently offline Song Thuy NguyenFriend
Hmm, that's strange, it seems like the problem isn't really tha Java version, but eclipse.
The problem described above occured when I used an eclipse that was given to me by my sponsor with preinstalled bpel designer. This eclipse is published on SVN server with the project files, so I supposed it should work perfect.... but it doesn't
After solving the problem on my Server 2008 PC I copied the Eclipse Ganymede Sr2 Package to my Win7 laptop and repeated the procedure (deinstalled java 1.6 and installed java 1.5) and it worked like it should. I could create PartnerLinks.
Then, some days later I tried my luck with Java 1.6 on the same system by letting java upgrade itself. And it still works, while the eclipse given by my sponsor still has the same problem. Both are
Version: 3.4.2
Build id: M20090211-1700
But the faulty one is named 'Eclipse SDK' and the working on 'Eclipse Platform'.

Anyway, It seems like it's not the Java version, it's just the faulty eclipse IDE from my sponsor. But strangely it works for her on her PC with java 1.6

If someone cares, here is the error message from the faulty eclipse when I try to create the PartnerLink

eclipse.buildId=M20090211-1700
java.version=1.6.0_17
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

This is a continuation of log file C:\Users\Song Thuy Nguyen\Documents\eclipse standard workspace\.metadata\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2010-01-21 12:48:40.378

Error
Thu Jan 21 12:49:25 CET 2010
Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving interface method " org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.Definition.addImport(Ljavax/wsdl/Import ;)V " the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, org/eclipse/bpel/ui/commands/AddWSDLImportCommand, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/eclipse/wst/wsdl/Definition, have different Class objects for the type javax/wsdl/Import used in the signature
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.commands.AddWSDLImportCommand.doExecute( AddWSDLImportCommand.java:73)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.commands.CompoundCommand.doExecute(Compo undCommand.java:52)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.commands.util.AutoUndoCommand.execute(Au toUndoCommand.java:108)
at org.eclipse.bpel.common.ui.editmodel.EditModelCommandStack.e xecute(EditModelCommandStack.java:123)
at org.eclipse.bpel.common.ui.command.EditModelCommandFramework .execute(EditModelCommandFramework.java:145)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.wizards.CreatePartnerLinkWizard.performF inish(CreatePartnerLinkWizard.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDi alog.java:742)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDi alog.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.jav a:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:228)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:3823)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3422)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825 )
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.dialogs.PartnerLinkTypeSelectorDialog.ok Pressed(PartnerLinkTypeSelectorDialog.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:4 72)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.dialogs.BrowseSelectorDialog.buttonPress ed(BrowseSelectorDialog.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.jav a:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:228)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825 )
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.op en(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:423)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.properties.InvokeImplSection.createPartn erLink(InvokeImplSection.java:1521)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.properties.InvokeImplSection.access$4(In vokeImplSection.java:1499)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.properties.InvokeImplSection$3.run(Invok eImplSection.java:314)
at org.eclipse.bpel.ui.proposal.providers.RunnableProposal.prop osalAccepted(RunnableProposal.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter.notifyP roposalAccepted(ContentProposalAdapter.java:2042)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter.proposa lAccepted(ContentProposalAdapter.java:1902)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter.access$ 9(ContentProposalAdapter.java:1885)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter$Content ProposalPopup.acceptCurrentProposal(ContentProposalAdapter.j ava:976)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter$Content ProposalPopup.access$8(ContentProposalAdapter.java:969)
at org.eclipse.jface.fieldassist.ContentProposalAdapter$4.widge tDefaultSelected(ContentProposalAdapter.java:662)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:113)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:22 00)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:490)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot create a PartnerLink in BPEL Designer? [message #510340 is a reply to message #509112] Wed, 27 January 2010 10:21 Go to previous message
grid.qian  is currently offline grid.qian Friend
As if some eclipse plugins of yours have some conflict with each other when you create a partner link.
java.lang.LinkageError means, when you create a partnerlink, you call javax.wsdl from two places. I don't know why because I can't reproduce it in my workspace.

Grid
Previous Topic:PartnerLink Problem
Next Topic:Where can I get the source code for reading and writing BPEL files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:43:08 GMT 2024