Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot
2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot [message #489578] Mon, 05 October 2009 06:40 Go to next message
Martin Eisengardt is currently offline Martin EisengardtFriend
The code assist/ hover and other things will not work in a specific situation. Create a projects with separate source folders (not using the project itself as a source folder) will break the functionality.

The cause is very simple but may indicate a bug in the new dltk indexer. However the indexer will index every file. It build some kind of "Category". Seems to me that every fill will be connected to a specific category. and every type is connected to a specific file.
However if you use separate source folders and not using the project itself as a source folder there will be multiple categories.

Looking why the Hover and code assist does not work at all indicates that every search will contain a WHERE condition that does not contain the correct categories. However PDT creates some kind of search scope and the search scope itself is correct.
Class org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.index.sql.SqlSearchEngine, Line 71 in current cvs snapshot will only ask for the zip and project itself (scope.enclosingProjectsAndZips). And it will never find any type that will reside in a separate source folder.

Did I make a mistake when building pdt from source or can you confirm the bug? Should this bug be reported to dltk-team? Maybe you (the pdt team) already know but i did not find any bug in the dltk. I think it should be fixed before releasing 2.2
Re: 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot [message #489604 is a reply to message #489578] Mon, 05 October 2009 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
posting in the pdt-dev channel will probably be better in this case.

Roy
Re: 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot [message #489621 is a reply to message #489578] Mon, 05 October 2009 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Spector is currently offline Michael SpectorFriend

Hi Martin!

I have just fixed this bug in CVS (DLTK).
Thanks for the report!

BTW, it would be much more efficient if you were reporting this bug in a Bugzilla, but thanks anyway!

Best regards,
Michael
Re: 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot [message #489638 is a reply to message #489578] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:57 Go to previous message
Martin Eisengardt is currently offline Martin EisengardtFriend
Thanks.

Roy? Does the pdt-dev channel still exist? Thought it was dead because my links to newsreaders showed no new entries for about one month. Sorry if I made a mistake:)
However I am a user not a comitter Wink

@Michael. Did not know wheather this was a pdt bug or a dltk bug. So I wanted to ask before reporting it Smile
Previous Topic: Eclipse PDT: Exclude from build path... Not working
Next Topic:[Announce] PDT 2.2.0 I200910051241 is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:02:45 GMT 2024