Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Materialization problem from the IDE
Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661434] Thu, 24 March 2011 16:33 Go to next message
Joaquin Morcate is currently offline Joaquin MorcateFriend
Hi,

I have a headless build with my rmap, cquery and mspec files that works fine but not from the IDE. This is the first part of the output for one of my plugins when both builds are the same:
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Using resolver Local resolver
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(materialized)
No materialization found for net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(workspace)
No open workspace project found that corresponds to net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(target)
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(plugin/net.morcate.console.alerts): No component match was found
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Using resource map file:/home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/net.morcate.console.releng/build/s3bConsole.rmap
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Using search path console.plugins
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Trying provider svn(svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/{0}[svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts])
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: trunk/head will be searched

Then the headless continues using svn that it is what I put in my rmap:
Listing remote folder svn://localhost/var/repo/svn/sssbconsole/ConsoleRepo/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts#HEAD

but the build in Eclipse prefers the svn+ssh protocol:
Listing remote folder svn+ssh://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts#HEAD

and then ... the disaster:
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Trunk/Head rejected: org.eclipse.team.svn.core.connector.SVNConnectorException: svn: Malformed network data
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: Rejecting provider svn(svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/{0}[svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts]): No component match was found
net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle: No provider was found that could resolve the request
ERROR   [0002] : No suitable provider for component net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle was found in resourceMap file:/home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/net.morcate.console.releng/build/s3bConsole.rmap
  ERROR   [0002] : No suitable provider for component net.morcate.console.alerts:osgi.bundle was found in searchPath console.plugins
    ERROR   [0002] : Rejecting provider svn(svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/{0}[svn://localhost/var/svn/ConsoleRepo/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts]): No component match was found

I have been trying to find a solution for this the last couple of days, but I am not able to find a solution. Any suggestion?

Thank you

Joaquin
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661453 is a reply to message #661434] Thu, 24 March 2011 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
It's likely that you have some problem with your local SVN server. You need to resolve what's causing this:

"org.eclipse.team.svn.core.connector.SVNConnectorException: svn: Malformed network data"

- thomas

On 2011-03-24 17:33, Joaquin Morcate wrote:
> Trunk/Head rejected: org.eclipse.team.svn.core.connector.SVNConnectorException: svn: Malformed network data
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661567 is a reply to message #661434] Fri, 25 March 2011 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer. I have been working this morning on the problem and there are some things that I can not understand.
I have three different repositories. One of the is where I store my sources and the releng project. In the other two I have sources from other people in my company.

1) If I check out my releng project using a URL with svn+ssh and I try to resolve my project, Buckminster fails because it tries to use the svn+ssh protocol without provided credentials (user and password). I think that the svn exception comes from there.

2) If I check out the releng project using svn instead of svn+ssh I am able to resolve the project. But Buckminster still fails to materialize the project in the IDE. This is the console output:

Provider eclipse.import(http://localhost/OrbitMirror): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/org.jdom/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console.utilities): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.console.utilities/
Provider svn(svn://localhost/var/repo/svn/Common/trunk/Common?moduleAfterBranch): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.common/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console.datastoreclasses): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.console.datastoreclasses/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console.alerts): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.console.alerts/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console.links): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.console.links/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/plugins/net.morcate.console/
Provider svn(svn://localhostCommon/var/repo/svn/Console/trunk/net.morcate.console.feature): materializing to /home/joaquin/workspaceConsole/features/net.morcate.console.feature/
ERROR   [0001] : Could not create repository resource
Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkLocal(Resource.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessibleAndLocal(Resource.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.getPersistentProperty(Resource.java:1178)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$ResetVisitor.visit(MetadataSynchronizer.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$2.visit(Resource.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$1.visitElement(Resource.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.iterate(ElementTreeIterator.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:94)
	at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$WorkspaceCatchUpJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
TAG-ID 0001 = Query for net.morcate.console.feature:eclipse.feature

Project ClientServerKit now has dynamic dependencies to org.jdom
Project net.morcate.console.utilities now has dynamic dependencies to ClientServerKit org.jdom

3) Another problem with the materialization is that it adds to the Eclipse SVN Repositories list a new repository with url:svn://localhost/var/repo/svn, that is: the common part of all my repositories URLs.

4)Otherwise all my projects are checkout but not all are imported in the workspace. Which projects are imported varies, I think that it depends when the error mentioned above takes places.

Basically I don't know what is failing.

* Why if Buckminster is reading my rmap insists in using svn+ssh?

* If the repositories in the IDE list takes preference, why it doesn't continue after failing with the svn+ssh?

* How can I provide Buckminster with the credentials for svn+ssh?

Thank you very much.
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661584 is a reply to message #661567] Fri, 25 March 2011 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-03-25 12:48, Joaquin Morcate wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for your answer. I have been working this morning on the problem and there are some things that I can not
> understand.
> I have three different repositories. One of the is where I store my sources and the releng project. In the other two I
> have sources from other people in my company.
>
> 1) If I check out my releng project using a URL with svn+ssh and I try to resolve my project, Buckminster fails because
> it tries to use the svn+ssh protocol without provided credentials (user and password). I think that the svn exception
> comes from there.

Set up a correct key pair or add the needed credentials to the svn+ssh repository that you have registered in your
workspace and you'll be fine.

> 2) If I check out the releng project using svn instead of svn+ssh I am able to resolve the project. But Buckminster
> still fails to materialize the project in the IDE. This is the console output:
>
> Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.

That bug was fixed a couple of days ago so please update your Buckminster.

>
> 3) Another problem with the materialization is that it adds to the Eclipse SVN Repositories list a new repository with
> url:svn://localhost/var/repo/svn, that is: the common part of all my repositories URLs.
>

And that is a problem because ... ?

> 4)Otherwise all my projects are checkout but not all are imported in the workspace. Which projects are imported varies,
> I think that it depends when the error mentioned above takes places.
> Basically I don't know what is failing.
> * Why if Buckminster is reading my rmap insists in using svn+ssh?

It doesn't insist. But if you have an svn+ssh registered in your workspace it will automatically switch to using that.
If you have such an entry it must have the needed credentials (or, you'll need a proper key-pair).

- thomas
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661859 is a reply to message #661584] Mon, 28 March 2011 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much again for your time and support. I have managed to get my project materialized. The problem was the number of threads during resolution and materialization. If I set both to 1 everything works fine. After updating Buckminster plugins I get rid off the Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local. and also jdom does not appear any more in my workspace as I was expecting.

Still there are two issues that I cannot understand:

1) Why my target platform is not selected after the materialization?

2) Why if I provide a rmap where I say to Buckminster that should use svn to retrieve my sources, it will ignore me and try before svn+ssh just because I have set that access protocol in the IDE. where is the advantage on that?

Regards,

Joaquin
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661881 is a reply to message #661859] Mon, 28 March 2011 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-03-28 12:12, Joaquin Morcate wrote:
> 1) Why my target platform is not selected after the materialization?
>
Buckminster never selects the target platform. It uses the currently active target platform. Both before, during, and
after materialization.

> 2) Why if I provide a rmap where I say to Buckminster that should use svn to retrieve my sources, it will ignore me and
> try before svn+ssh just because I have set that access protocol in the IDE. where is the advantage on that?
>
If you have an explicit entry for a repository in your workspace that has elevated privileges compared to the one
specified in the rmap, Buckminster chooses that because it's assumed that you will want full write access.

This set-up makes it possible for you to share the rmap with people that doesn't normally have write access. Since you
don't need to specify ssh+svn in the rmap, others will still be able to use it and create patches. They will however not
have write access.

If you don't want ssh+svn access to a repository, then why specify it in your workspace?

- thomas
Re: Materialization problem from the IDE [message #661907 is a reply to message #661881] Mon, 28 March 2011 13:43 Go to previous message
Hi Thomas,

Ok I see now! Thank you for your answer.

Joaquin
Previous Topic:target platform materialization with zipped components
Next Topic:Problem using Buckminster to create p2 site with categories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:11:15 GMT 2024