Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: Oomph
 Topic: setup for project using Bndtools and a Bnd Workspace
setup for project using Bndtools and a Bnd Workspace [message #1798561] Tue, 20 November 2018 13:04
M.Wirth Mising name is currently offline M.Wirth Mising nameFriend
We are using oomph-setups for many projects and it is working very well.
With every project using a Bnd Workspace the project import (exactly the first compile) is very slow. If this first compile is canceled in the progress view the second compilation wich starts automatically is as fast as usual.

Enclosed a very simple snippet from the setup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<setup:Project
    xmi:version="2.0"
    xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:git="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/git/1.0"
    xmlns:projects="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/projects/1.0"
    xmlns:setup="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/1.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/git/1.0 http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/plain/setups/models/Git.ecore http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/projects/1.0 http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/plain/setups/models/Projects.ecore"
    name="jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools"
    label="jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools">
  <setupTask
      xsi:type="git:GitCloneTask"
      id="git.clone.jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools"
      remoteURI="git@****:rnd/jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools.git"
      pushURI="">
    <description>cloning jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools</description>
  </setupTask>
  <setupTask
      xsi:type="projects:ProjectsImportTask"
      id="import.jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools">
    <sourceLocator
        rootFolder="${git.clone.jaxrs-with-osgiR7-and-bndtools.location}"/>
  </setupTask>
  <stream name="master"
      label="master"/>
</setup:Project>

Does anyone have the same problem and even a solution?
Forum: Sirius
 Topic: creation of elements in sirius
creation of elements in sirius [message #1798536] Tue, 20 November 2018 09:13
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hi All
can anyone please help me for my problem.
Iam doing a project where I need to create sirius design for the model.
I have created all the elements in the model.I got stuck in the creation of highlited elements(Comment,Text,CDATA) in the attached .Please help me in this. Iam not getting what to give in domain class also. can I get any help of what to give in Domain class,Semantic Candidate Expression etc.
Iam thinking that these elements doesnt exist in my model. I found that they exist in org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/XMLType.ecore.
How to create all these elements in sirius .
 Topic: Select widget in edge creation
Select widget in edge creation [message #1798491] Mon, 19 November 2018 19:04
Michael Bräunlein is currently offline Michael BräunleinFriend
Hello,

In my metamodel I have a class called Member that has a Bi-direktional reference to a class called Message:

index.php/fa/34352/0/

I want to be able to connect two Nodes of type Member. During the edge creation I would like the user to select a message and set the selected message as sentMsg of the source Node.

What I have achieved so far is that on edge creation a dialog is opened and offers a dropdown selection. I have not figured out how to continue as the dropdown is empty.

index.php/fa/34353/0/

1) What are the required fields so I can select any message present in the model?
2) What would I have to do to limit the displayed results to only messages that are not sent by a Member?

Thank you very much in advance
Michael
  • Attachment: metamodel.png
    (Size: 6.00KB, Downloaded 77 times)
  • Attachment: editor.png
    (Size: 43.22KB, Downloaded 45 times)
 Topic: SiriusCon Live 2018
SiriusCon Live 2018 [message #1798370] Fri, 16 November 2018 09:40
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
SiriusCon is coming back online the 4th and 5th of December!

Like each year since 2015, this free event will gather the community of users together to share the vision of graphical modeling technologies, industrial case-studies, best-practices and technical insights.

This year don't miss these talks:

• The State of Graphical Modeling Tools: Where We Are and Where We Are Going (by Obeo)
  • A Bird's Eye View on Eclipse Sirius (by Obeo)
  • AdvoCATE: An Assurance Case Automation Toolset Based on Eclipse and Sirius (by NASA)
  • Eclipse Sirius Applied to a RAD Tool in Japan (by view5 and Attris)
  • Integrating Sirius, Xtext and EMF Compare to Design Simulators of Complex - Physical Phenomena (by CEA DAM)
  • Building Capella on Top of Sirius: a Development Perspective (by Thales)
  • Extensive Use of Custom Properties Views in a Banking DSL Workbench (by Obeo and i-BP)
  • Sirius Roadmap (by Obeo)
  • Modeling Tools Go Up to The Cloud... (by Obeo)
  • Textual AND Graphical Modeling: Xtext Editors within Sirius Diagrams (by Altran NL)
  • Fluent and Live Collaboration on a Shared Repository with Obeo Designer Team (by Obeo)
  • Your Models and Diagrams Published on a Web Server with Obeo SmartEA (by Obeo)

This event will end with a Community Survey which objective is to collect your needs and opinion about Sirius: your opinion matters!

SiriusCon is free and open. You can register here: https://www.siriuscon.org/

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Forum: BIRT
 Topic: Access Dataset Result in Script
Access Dataset Result in Script [message #1798552] Tue, 20 November 2018 10:49
Stefan W. is currently offline Stefan W.Friend
I'm kinda confused, cause my problem seems so simple and obvious but i couldn't find a solution to my problem.
I'm using the report designer and got a DataSet

Select Count(column) as c
From ?
Where date = CONVERT(?, DATE)

So what i want to do is store the result of this query in a birt param called visibility. At some Row of my Grid i added a onRender script:
(i tried various combinations here, to test whether i can access the dataset or not)
params["visibility"].value=row["Count_Entity"]
params["visibility"].value=dataSetRow["Count_Entity"]
params["visibility"].value=row["Count_Entity"].getColumnValue("c");
params["visibility"].value=dataSetRow["Count_Entity"].getColumnValue("c");

when checking the visibility param its always empty in my report.

what i actually want to archive here is to check if the count query returns more then 0 and set the visibility param to either true or false like
if(dataSetRow["Count_Entity"] == 0)
{
params["visibility"] = true;
}
else
{
params["visibility"] = false;
}

and use this param in multiple rows as visibility expression.
I'm missing the correct way to "dataSetRow["Count_Entity"] == 0"

Forum: GEF
 Topic: GEF5 Moving anchorage of anchored Connections performances
GEF5 Moving anchorage of anchored Connections performances [message #1798541] Tue, 20 November 2018 09:45
Patrick Muscat is currently offline Patrick MuscatFriend
Hello,

After investigating for performance problem with moving anchorage of several connections, we noticed that the checkCursor of ListListenerHelperEx in the bundle org.eclipse.gef.common was the sticky point.

We are using this version: Eclipse-SourceReferences: scm:git:https://github.com/eclipse/gef.git;path="org.eclipse.gef.common";commitId=51a73027b7d9c631d94e98b0ac97ff7a1e83f51e

We simply removed it and all its calls and did not noticed any error until now. Is it a good cure or is there any reason of this check we shoudn't ignore ?

Title [/Edit]

[Updated on: Tue, 20 November 2018 10:16]

Report message to a moderator

Topic: Drag an object from GEF and drop it in SWT composite
Drag an object from GEF and drop it in SWT composite [message #1798368] Fri, 16 November 2018 09:37
Shenwei Zheng is currently offline Shenwei ZhengFriend
Use case: click mouse on a JavaFX node, drag it to SWT composite and release mouse.
Initial condition: no element is selected. SelectionModel is empty.
Expected result: the model behind the node will be transferred to SWT composite.

Just after mouse click, a drag source listener is triggerred and drag starts. Here I check the org.eclipse.gef.mvc.fx.models.SelectionModel and it is empty. Drag will not continue. I realize that the selected IVisualPart will be added in SelectionModel after the drag starts.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Bests
Shenwei
Forum: scout
 Topic: Login with Database connection
Login with Database connection [message #1798239] Wed, 14 November 2018 15:18
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi,
I'm developing a tool with Eclipse Scout Pothon and I want inser a login page that check the credentials in a specific table in a database.
I see various examples but for the moment I didn't find nothing about that.
Have you any suggestions where start?

Thanks in advance for any hint

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2018 15:18]

Forum: C / C++ IDE (CDT)
 Topic: Where is output console for Tcl scripts
Where is output console for Tcl scripts [message #1798528] Tue, 20 November 2018 08:16
Pavel Yermolenko is currently offline Pavel YermolenkoFriend
Hello,
Can't find a console where Tcl "puts" instruction output.
Thanks.
 Topic: Eclipse project icons ?
Eclipse project icons ? [message #1798500] Tue, 20 November 2018 01:36
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Could someone point me to resource where I can find DESCRIPTIONS of various icons I see in C++ projects.
See attached file as a sample
  • Attachment: ICONS
    (Size: 10.14KB, Downloaded 3 times)
 Topic: Eclipse IDE BUG - optimization level, debug level pops to NONE
Eclipse IDE BUG - optimization level, debug level pops to NONE [message #1798490] Mon, 19 November 2018 18:56
sergey michel is currently offline sergey michelFriend
In Eclipse IDE I can't set the debug level and optimization level no matter what i do.

The problem is when i try to set the debug level and optimization options under Project Properties > C/C++ Build > Tool Settings > GCC C++ Compiler > Debugging/Optimization. After selecting any option in the pulldown box, it pops back to "None" in both boxes.

I tried to create a new workspace with a new project, i tried to erase the system workbench and install again , make new projects with different processors.

Why can't I change these settings? By the way in another PC everything is working.

my versions:

Eclipse IDE Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)

System Workbench for STM32 - OpenOCD (for Windows 32bits)

Version: 1.16.0.201807130628 windows 10 64 bit

Thanks Sergey
 Topic: Debugging with gdb
Debugging with gdb [message #1798486] Mon, 19 November 2018 17:47
Urs Koster is currently offline Urs KosterFriend
On my Mac, I had OS Sierra installed and debugging was working without any problems. After upgrade to Mojave (10.14.1), debugging with gdb was not possible anymore.
Fortunately, I found the following link in the community:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52529838/gdb-8-2-cant-recognized-executable-file-on-macos-mojave-10-14

But with this, the task is not completed, because from Eclipse CDT, gdb must be started as a su under root.
Anybody knows how to do that ????

Topic: Is it possible build with a custom make target in Eclipse?
Is it possible build with a custom make target in Eclipse? [message #1798470] Mon, 19 November 2018 15:33
Kenny McCartney is currently offline Kenny McCartneyFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to extend our Eclipse implementation so that I can have a button that will download an executable to an evaluation board.

I started by adding a "download" target to the generated makefiles so that the makefile can be used to download the executable after building. So an example makefile now looks something like this:

download: $(LDR_FILE)
	@echo 'Invoking: Downloader'
	// Downloader command goes here
	@echo 'Finished building: $@'
	@echo ' '

(I need to do it in the makefile as other people may be invoking the makefile directly from the command line - they won't have Eclipse.) I'm kinda happy with this at the moment as it works on the command line.

The normal build button will just do "make all" as usual - it won't perform "make download". Instead I want my new button to perform "make download".

Does that make sense?

My approach at the moment has been to create a customer builder, and somehow use this to invoke "make download". I've got the custom builder up and running (doesn't currently do anything), but I'm not sure how I'd go about invoking "make download" from it. Any suggestions? I looked at the various IProject.build() methods, but none of them seem to allow for custom targets.

Aaargh.

Thanks!
Kenny
 Topic: Launch failed - binary not found (again!)
Launch failed - binary not found (again!) [message #1798406] Sat, 17 November 2018 14:28
Robert Simpson is currently offline Robert SimpsonFriend
If I open the 'Debug configurations' and hit the 'Debug' button, it runs fine but if I select Debug as -> Local C/C++ application it says 'Launch failed - Binary not found'. No info in the console.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob.
 Topic: which one is best book to learn c++
which one is best book to learn c++ [message #1798323] Thu, 15 November 2018 11:30
Martin Baker is currently offline Martin BakerFriend
Hey, I am a beginner and i am looking for the best book to learn C++
Forum: Newcomers
 Topic: BIRT bar chart y-axis labels overlapping the bar
BIRT bar chart y-axis labels overlapping the bar [message #1798489] Mon, 19 November 2018 18:24
Renee Pouliot is currently offline Renee PouliotFriend
Using BIRT through Eclipse Indigo, the bar chart y-axis labels on my chart are overlapping the bar. Is there a way I can tell BIRT not to use the full height of the chart, so that there is room for the labels at the highest values? I am not doing anything in script that is making this happen - this chart has no scripting at all. Please see attached image of issue.
 Topic: Tizen Studio - first install, multiple issues, nothing works.
Tizen Studio - first install, multiple issues, nothing works. [message #1798468] Mon, 19 November 2018 15:27
Taras Young is currently offline Taras YoungFriend
I'm a newcomer to Eclipse and trying to install x64 Tizen Studio 3 (which is built on Eclipse) on Windows 10.

After installing it and manually resolving several issues that were preventing Eclipse from starting (installed the latest x64 JDK, manually added the JAVA_HOME environment variable, manually added the JDK bin path to PATH), it now starts, and then immediately fails:

An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\Users\me\workspace\.metadata\.log

The .log file is packed with nearly 1,000 lines of errors, mostly along these lines:
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/org.eclipse.wst.css.core_1.1.1000.v201704250120.jar A bundle is already installed with the name "org.eclipse.wst.css.core" and version "1.1.1000.v201704250120"

and concluding with a bunch of Java errors like "FrameworkEvent ERROR"

Surely this should not happen on a clean install? Is there anything I can do to make Eclipse work? Thanks

EDIT: Resolved this myself!! Tizen Studio relies on JDK 8 but I had installed JDK 11.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 16:28]

Topic: Eclipse Ant cannot copy file due to access denied
Eclipse Ant cannot copy file due to access denied [message #1798414] Sat, 17 November 2018 18:36
Robert Emmons is currently offline Robert EmmonsFriend
Ant run from Eclipse is failing to copy over a specific file in my project. My work around is to run Eclipse as Administrator. I would prefer some other solution if anyone has one.

I'm running Eclipse 2018-09, but I have had the problem intermittently with earlier versions. With earlier versions of Eclipse, I used to re-run the build.xml a second time, and it would usually work. With the latest Eclipse, I have to run Eclipse as Administrator.

The problem seems to be caused by Eclipse. After I start Eclipse, I cannot even copy over the file with the Windows File Manager or from the Windows Command line. File Manager complains: "You need to provide Administrator permission." I click OK. Then File Manager fails again and I click "Retry". It continues to fail. If I exit Eclipse, I can copy over the file again.

This problem has also been discussed here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23954875/error-with-ant-build-copying-files-access-is-denied

Hope someone can help?
 Topic: Visual Model Editor not opening
Visual Model Editor not opening [message #1798347] Thu, 15 November 2018 19:32
Samantha Berman is currently offline Samantha BermanFriend
Hello,

I am just learning how to use STEM, and my Visual Model Editor does not open after I enter the package name and prefix. Does anyone know how to fix this, or what I'm doing wrong?
 Topic: Installation of StatEt Plug-in for R
Installation of StatEt Plug-in for R [message #1798269] Wed, 14 November 2018 17:48
Doug Kimzey is currently offline Doug KimzeyFriend
I have checked all of the prerequisites for running StatEt in Eclipse. However, the drag and drop does not work.

Is there a basic download available with good instructions?
 Topic: Moderated posts
Moderated posts [message #1798262] Wed, 14 November 2018 17:19
Lucas Wagner is currently offline Lucas WagnerFriend
My post to tell you that my first post was moderated. Now I have two posts that are moderated and no way to view either.

Why can't I see the status of moderated posts to confirm that they actually exist?
 Topic: Viable? :Eclipse/Export/Other/Mac OS X application bundle
Viable? :Eclipse/Export/Other/Mac OS X application bundle [message #1798185] Tue, 13 November 2018 19:49
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Eclipse/Export/Other/Mac OS X application bundle is available on Eclipse Oxygen. I tried to make it work. I tried a dead simple (hello world type) GUI project. That project will make a clickable JAR but fails to make an "app bundle" that does not fail. Mac OS says "may be damaged or incomplete."

Is this a left-over option that somebody forgot to delete from Eclipse, or am I just using it the wrong way?
Forum: Java Development Tools (JDT)
 Topic: Plugin - save participant project save
Plugin - save participant project save [message #1798455] Mon, 19 November 2018 11:25
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi, I am playing with plugin development for the first time. I currently have a startup plugin (launches on startup of the workbench using the IStartup interface) - I know people caution to avoid these in general but the purpose is that I need to check the command line passed to eclipse and automatically/programmatically generate a project based on that command line information on startup (if there is a better way to do this I'm all ears).

The startup plugin registers a save participant:

Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
ISaveParticipant saveParticipant = new MySaveParticipant();
try {

ISavedState lastState = ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().addSaveParticipant(Activator.PLUGIN_ID, saveParticipant);
} catch (CoreException e1) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e1.printStackTrace();Kodi TutuApp AppValley

}

But the participant "saving" method only seems to be getting called for the ISaveContext.SNAPSHOT save:

Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
public void prepareToSave(ISaveContext context) throws CoreException {
try {
FileOutputStream os = new FileOutputStream(s_fname, true);

os.write("testing 6666".getBytes());
os.flush();
os.close();

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

}

@Override
public void saving(ISaveContext context) throws CoreException {
DateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss");
try {
FileOutputStream os = new FileOutputStream(s_fname, true);

String message = "testing 1234" + dateFormat.format(new Date()) + "\n";

os.write(message.getBytes());

switch (context.getKind()) {
case ISaveContext.FULL_SAVE:
message = "Full Save" + dateFormat.format(new Date()) + "\n";
break;
case ISaveContext.PROJECT_SAVE:
message = "Project Save" + dateFormat.format(new Date()) + "\n";
break;
case ISaveContext.SNAPSHOT:
message ="Snapshot Save" + dateFormat.format(new Date()) + "\n";
break;
}
os.flush();
os.close();

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

}

Basically, the workbench opens and I programmatically create a project. I then go and modify a source file in the project and hit save and expect the "saving" method to be invoked in the save participant but that doesn't appear to be happening... the test text file I'm writing to only seems to indicate snapshot saves:

testing 6666testing 12342013/06/11 16:26:11
Snapshot Save2013/06/11 16:26:11
testing 6666testing 12342013/06/11 16:31:11
Snapshot Save2013/06/11 16:31:11
testing 6666testing 12342013/06/11 17:29:19
Snapshot Save2013/06/11 17:29:19

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but am having a hard time finding any good resources online to help me figure it out. So 1) if anyone here can point out my mistake I would appreciate it and 2) if anyone can point me to some good resources for learning this stuff in detail I would also appreciate that.

Thanks a lot!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 20:01] by Moderator

Topic: is there Environment variables for 'Builders' when debug/Release build?
is there Environment variables for 'Builders' when debug/Release build? [message #1798454] Mon, 19 November 2018 11:24
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi.

I'm looking for a flag difference between debug and release build to
produce binary different...(e.g NDK, especially Android.)

1. Is there any difference of environment variables
for the 'Builders'(program/batch executer) when Debug build and release mode?
to pass over mode flag to?

2. Is there any way another idea(whatever) to pass over difference flag
between debug build and release build? andy flag, arguments, parameters?
Rightmove Kijiji Quizlet

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 20:14] by Moderator

Topic: After Restart projects missing!!
After Restart projects missing!! [message #1798428] Sun, 18 November 2018 14:16
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

I had the same problem several months ago, but on another pc. After restarting my Eclipse, all my projects from my main workspace are missing. They are still in the folder, but as there are several Maven projects I would like to know, if the exist an easy way to resolve the problem, to get my former state of my projects with all prefernces.

I tried to fix the problem by deleting the workbench-plugin in the folder .metadata, but without success.

Bestdiscord.software downloader.vip/adobe-reader downloader.vip/itunes

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 20:05] by Moderator

Forum: Eclipse 4
 Topic: Adding architecture to feature name
Adding architecture to feature name [message #1798484] Mon, 19 November 2018 17:32
Gidi Gal is currently offline Gidi GalFriend
I am developing a feature and I'd like to add its architecture to the feature name.
The feature name is located in featureName property in feature.properties and also in the about.properties of the plugin in the feature. For example, if the feature name is ABC and the architecture it is built is 64 bit its name would be "ABC 64 bit".
I guess I can set by a script these values before calling Eclipse build. However, this method will not be aligned with the option of building the feature from Eclipse client.
What is the right "eclipse" way to do that ?
Forum: Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT)
 Topic: How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column
How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798247] Wed, 14 November 2018 16:19
Robin Clark is currently offline Robin ClarkFriend
I want to display an image in a table column header. The problem that I have is that the image disappears when the column is sorted. I am working in a Windows 10 Pro. I am using the following version of eclipse:
Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers

Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
Build id: 20180405-1200

I am having troubles finding examples of implementing a custom drawn tablecolumn header that allows for images to be displayed along with the sorting icon.

Ideally I would like to display the image on the right side of the column instead of on the left.

Any help would be appreciated.

import java.text.Collator;
import java.util.Locale;

import org.eclipse.swt.SWT;
import org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Image;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Listener;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TableColumn;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TableItem;

public class RobinTest2 {

public static void main(String[] args) {
	Display display = new Display();
	Shell shell = new Shell(display);
	shell.setLayout(new FillLayout());
	final Table table = new Table(shell, SWT.BORDER);
	table.setHeaderVisible(true);
	final TableColumn column1 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE);
	column1.setText("Column 1");
	final Image image = display.getSystemImage(SWT.ICON_QUESTION);
	column1.setImage(image);
	final TableColumn column2 = new TableColumn(table, SWT.NONE);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column2.setText("Column 2");
	TableItem item = new TableItem(table, SWT.NONE);
	item.setText(new String[] { "a", "3" });
	item = new TableItem(table, SWT.NONE);
	item.setText(new String[] { "b", "2" });
	item.setText(new String[] { "c", "1" });
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
	Listener sortListener = e -> {
	    TableItem[] items = table.getItems();
	    Collator collator = Collator.getInstance(Locale.getDefault());
	    TableColumn column = (TableColumn) e.widget;
	    int index = column == column1 ? 0 : 1;
	    for (int i = 1; i < items.length; i++) {
		String value1 = items[i].getText(index);
		for (int j = 0; j < i; j++) {
		    String value2 = items[j].getText(index);
		    if (collator.compare(value1, value2) < 0) {
			String[] values = { items[i].getText(0), items[i].getText(1) };
			items[i].dispose();
			TableItem item1 = new TableItem(table, SWT.NONE, j);
			item1.setText(values);
			items = table.getItems();
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	    table.setSortColumn(column);
	};
	column1.addListener(SWT.Selection, sortListener);
	column2.addListener(SWT.Selection, sortListener);
	table.setSortColumn(column1);
	table.setSortDirection(SWT.UP);
	shell.setSize(shell.computeSize(SWT.DEFAULT, SWT.DEFAULT).x, 300);
	shell.open();
	while (!shell.isDisposed()) {
	    if (!display.readAndDispatch())
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798238] Wed, 14 November 2018 15:13
I want to display an image in a table column header. The problem that I have is that the image disappears when the column is sorted. I am working in a Windows 10 Pro. I am using the following version of eclipse:

I am having troubles finding examples of implementing a custom drawn tablecolumn header that allows for images to be displayed along with the sorting icon.

Ideally I would like to display the image on the right side of the column instead of on the left.

import java.util.Locale;

column1.setImage(image);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
			items[i].dispose();
			item1.setText(values);
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	};
	shell.open();
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798237] Wed, 14 November 2018 15:11

import java.util.Locale;

column1.setImage(image);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
			items[i].dispose();
			item1.setText(values);
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	};
	shell.open();
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798232] Wed, 14 November 2018 14:46

import java.util.Locale;

column1.setImage(image);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
			items[i].dispose();
			item1.setText(values);
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	};
	shell.open();
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798231] Wed, 14 November 2018 14:43

import java.util.Locale;

column1.setImage(image);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
			items[i].dispose();
			item1.setText(values);
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	};
	shell.open();
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

Topic: Hard crash when opening browser
Hard crash when opening browser [message #1798167] Tue, 13 November 2018 14:36
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
I have got a very weird behaviour. If I start eclipse with -Xmx5g (or more), then whenever a browser widget is displayed the JVM crashes. If I start with -Xmx4g (or less), then it doesn't crash (but the browser is rendering raw HTML). This happens long before the memory allocated even reaches 1g.

This is with Eclipse 4.6-4.8, on RHEL7, with GTK3 (gtk 3.22.10, webgtk 2.14.7).

Could not test yet with Eclipse 4.9.

Does anyone have any idea about what could be the problem? Sometimes we really need 5g or more...

best regards,
Vlad
Forum: Eclipse Platform
 Topic: Eclipse 2018-09 and Amazon Corretto
Eclipse 2018-09 and Amazon Corretto [message #1798475] Mon, 19 November 2018 16:17
Tim Hughes is currently online Tim HughesFriend
I cannot launch Eclipse using Amazon Corretto JDK (1.8) on MacOS X 10.13.6

I've been running Eclipse 2018-09 with Oracle JDK8, and also with AdoptOpenJDK 8 and 11. With Amazon Corretto 8, Eclipse fails on startup with "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"

I've tried the various methods in this forum and others regarding setting/unsetting things in the eclipse.ini file to no avail. No logs are produced that I can find, so I'm out of troubleshooting ideas.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone running Eclipse with Corretto?
 Topic: Find Next in console view and other places
Find Next in console view and other places [message #1798236] Wed, 14 November 2018 15:11
David Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
Is there a way to define a keyboard shortcut to "Find next", which is by default ctrl-k in editors, to work in other places?

Like in the Console View. Or Compare editors?

Well, according to bug 45017 not, but hope dies last...

Regards,
David
Forum: RCP Testing Tool
 Topic: Using RCPTT with RAP without building war
Using RCPTT with RAP without building war [message #1798466] Mon, 19 November 2018 14:54
Phil Wim is currently offline Phil WimFriend
Hi,

we're running a RAP App with OSGI launch config and jetty as appserver. We're not using WAR creation which looks to be needed for using RCPTT with RAP.

Is there any way to connect RCPTT to a RAP App which was started from eclipse or of a started jetty based product build with tycho?

If not, any suggestions that might help getting us on boat?

Appreciate any help
Thanks Philippe

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 17:03]

Forum: Papyrus
 Topic: Copy paste diagram in the same model
Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798345] Thu, 15 November 2018 18:58
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
Can i copy activity diagram in the same model.For example i want to create another copy from an activity diagram in the same model instead of creating it from scratch as its big.

I tried from edit>copy but papyrus keeps freezing and stuck and generating errors.
Can you please advise me.

Thanks,
Taghreed
Forum: Mosquitto
 Topic: Wireless Sensor+ Google Sheet+MQTT
Wireless Sensor+ Google Sheet+MQTT [message #1798220] Wed, 14 November 2018 11:26
Gerred Jhon is currently offline Gerred JhonFriend
Is it Possible to communicate MQTT via Google spreadsheet?
Is there any tutorial available?
I am using Wireless Temperature sensor in my garage, whose value I need to send to google spreadsheet as well as send the warning notification to my smartphone whenever temperature disturbance occurs in the garage any best suggestion work on it will be a great help.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2018 11:27]

Forum: EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)
 Topic: [Facet] Support additional query language
[Facet] Support additional query language [message #1798382] Fri, 16 November 2018 14:07
Horacio Hoyos is currently online Horacio HoyosFriend

Hello,

Is there any documentation available on how to provide an additional language for writing (and executing) queries?

Thanks!

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Epsilon Committer
Research Assistant
University Of York
Forum: Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM)
 Topic: STEM V4.0.0 Milestone 1 is up !!
STEM V4.0.0 Milestone 1 is up !! [message #1798395] Fri, 16 November 2018 16:47
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
STEM V4.0.0 Milestone 1 is now available on the downloads page.
https://www.eclipse.org/stem/downloads.php

STEM 4.0.0 M1 has full support for the latest Eclipse e4. It requires Java 8
New users are asked to download this version.
Forum: Memory Analyzer
 Topic: How to write MAT Custom Reports?
How to write MAT Custom Reports? [message #1798391] Fri, 16 November 2018 16:04
Mark Malynn is currently offline Mark MalynnFriend
Reading the MemoryAnalyzer FAQ, I learned of the ParseHeapDump.sh script and figured out how to run the canned reports (e.g., the suspects report).

I found javadoc for the report package that implies I could write an xml report definition to run a custom report, but could find no documentation about how to do it. I couldn't even find the xml schema it uses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Forum: Plugin Development Environment (PDE)
 Topic: Reference the latest IU in target file
Reference the latest IU in target file [message #1798383] Fri, 16 November 2018 14:17
Moritz Aleithe is currently offline Moritz AleitheFriend
Hello, I'm curious whether there is a way to tell the *.target file to use the latest version of an IU in a software site.

This would be particularly interesting for people who want to use nightly builds from other projects inside their target platform.

I've tried to use the IU without specifying a version, but then the Targetplatfrom did not resolve. FYI the version I Use is 2018-09
Forum: Andmore
 Topic: Can't install Eclipse
Can't install Eclipse [message #1798372] Fri, 16 November 2018 09:49
Svetoslav Hadziivanov is currently offline Svetoslav HadziivanovFriend
Hello,

I can't install Eclipse due to the following reason:

[2018-11-16 09:01:31] Repository http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/milestone/latest
[2018-11-16 09:01:32] ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository code=1000 No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/milestone/latest.
  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.fail(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:398)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.util.ReflectUtil.invokeMethod(ReflectUtil.java:117)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.fail(CachingRepositoryManager.java:353)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:244)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager$Metadata.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:476)
  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:110)
  at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:105)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.ProfileTransactionImpl$RepositoryLoader$Worker.perform(ProfileTransactionImpl.java:1613)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.util.WorkerPool$Worker.run(WorkerPool.java:428)
  at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

If I try to update Eclipse (Portable version), it says

No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/uss/updates/latest.

I couldn't create Maven project as well due to the same issue.

Any fix?
Forum: Paho
 Topic: Unable to build a Project in Windows without Visual Studio
Unable to build a Project in Windows without Visual Studio [message #1798367] Fri, 16 November 2018 09:18
Luis Jiménez is currently offline Luis JiménezFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to do a C project to develop a MQTT client using these libraries. I want to do it without using Visual Studio, and I've tried two different ways:
-the first one is trying to compile the source project, but I haven't been able to do it without using Visual Studio.
-the second one is using the pre-built libraries from here: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.paho/downloads , but I haven´t been able either to compile the libraries in my project.
Is there a place where is this explained or could you give me any advice or recommendation to try?

Thank you in advance,

LJR
Forum: ACTF
 Topic: Need help with aDesigner
Need help with aDesigner [message #1798396] Fri, 16 November 2018 17:21
Tri Pham is currently offline Tri PhamFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a project which evaluates the accessibility for blind people of some websites and it requires me to use the aDesigner version of 2008 to collect the data at some specific time. (for example Feb 2013)

However, I couldn't find the feature allows me to change the time.

Thank you very much.
 Topic: Rules WCAG 2.1
Rules WCAG 2.1 [message #1798357] Fri, 16 November 2018 06:34
Omar de Diego is currently offline Omar de DiegoFriend
Good morning,

I want to know, if in the roadmap of the application ACTF aDesigner, will be the implementation of the new rules for the adaptation of WCAG 2.1. And when it will happen?

Thanks in advance,
Forum: PHP Development Tools (PDT)
 Topic: Angular vs React
Angular vs React [message #1798356] Fri, 16 November 2018 06:28
Lauren Ferling is currently offline Lauren FerlingFriend
These points i have listed for learning for more on Angular and React
The Complexity of structure
Debugging
Perfomance Tweaking
Code Reuse
Binding
Forum: EGit / JGit
 Topic: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull
End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1798189] Tue, 13 November 2018 22:17
Richard Thibault is currently offline Richard ThibaultFriend
Hi, I'm getting the following error when I try to push or pull from my remote origin server, a Bitbucket server that I connect to over SSH:

JSchException: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

The SSH connection uses a certificate, and works fine from the command line. It also works from a co-worker's machine, who has EGit 4.8.0. I'm using EGit 5.0 in Eclipse Photon and get this error every time I push or pull. I tried downloading 5.2.0 from the nightly build site but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Forum: Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP)
 Topic: eclipse AS/400
eclipse AS/400 [message #1798268] Wed, 14 November 2018 17:32
richard buteau is currently offline richard buteauFriend
Hello,
I am a COBOL developer on as / 400. I would like to know how to use the rational debugger (eclipse) via the as / 400.
Thank you
Forum: Remote Application Platform (RAP)
How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column [message #1798177] Tue, 13 November 2018 16:16

import java.util.Locale;

column1.setImage(image);
	column2.setImage(image);
	column1.setWidth(100);
	column2.setWidth(100);
			items[i].dispose();
			item1.setText(values);
			break;
		    }
		}
	    }
	};
	shell.open();
		display.sleep();
	}
	display.dispose();
    }

}

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2018 16:40]

Forum: EclipseLink
 Topic: External Cache for EclipseLink
External Cache for EclipseLink [message #1798188] Tue, 13 November 2018 21:52
Scott Pelley is currently offline Scott PelleyFriend
Hello all,

I am curious, does anyone know of an external implementation of a cache for EclipseLink such a Redis? I see the CacheKeyInterceptor and CacheInterceptor hooks, but the documentation is sparse. Does anyone have any practical experience with these hooks?
Forum: ServerTools (WTP)
 Topic: mark occurrences" in HTML editor!
mark occurrences" in HTML editor! [message #1798405] Sat, 17 November 2018 10:47
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm using Eclipse Mars.2. When editing *.js files i can use "mark occurrences" option which is very useful. Unfortunately when editing java script code in HTML editor (editing *.html, *.htm extension files) the feature isn't available (the button is grayed-inactive). Is there an option to enable this feature in HTML editor to mark occurrences in js code inside HTML files?
inro.in/showbox/ inro.in/mobdro/ https://inro.in/tutuapp

[Updated on: Sat, 17 November 2018 19:25] by Moderator

Current Time: Tue Nov 20 14:34:01 GMT 2018