Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: Newcomers
 Topic: How to add handler to MDirectMenuItem created at runtime?
How to add handler to MDirectMenuItem created at runtime? [message #1782416] Thu, 22 February 2018 20:44
Pinaki Poddar is currently offline Pinaki PoddarFriend
Using e4 to build a plugin that creates its menu dynamically.
The menu items shows up with its child items -- however, the handler does not get executed.

New to Eclipse e4 -- any help is much appreciated.

The code creates a menu instance by MMenuFacory and adds direct menu item to the newly created menu

MMenu menu = MMenuFactory.INSTANCE.createMenu();
addMenuItem(menu, "Do #1", new OneHandler());
addMenuItem(menu, "Do #2", new TwoHandler());
// add to created menu to main menu of the workbench

The addMenuItem() function creates MDirectMenuItem and sets the handler instance

public void addMenuItem(MMenu menu, String label,, Object handler) {
MDirectMenuItem menuItem = MMenuFactory.INSTANCE.createDirectMenuItem();
menuItem.setElementId("x.y.z." + System.currentTimeMillis());
menuItem.setType(ItemType.PUSH);
menuItem.setLabel(label);
menuItem.setContributionURI("bundleclass://" + Plugin.ID + "/" + handler.getClass().getName());

The created menu appears and so its menu items.

However, the menu items do not invoke the handler that has been set with setContributionURI(...).

What else needs to be set on dynamically created MDirectMenuItem to invoke a handler function?

The handler class is declared in Application.e4xmi.

Topic: Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform
Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform [message #1782395] Thu, 22 February 2018 16:32
Per Wallberg is currently offline Per WallbergFriend
I've used the Eclipse platform for many years and now I want to contribute to the Eclipse platform.

Where can I find a short description of how to setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform together with my own RCP applications?

As to start with I just need a local copy of the Eclipse platform source code (which I believe is open source) and a description of how to setup an appropiate environment to let me debug and patch locally. Then when I see that I've patches that seems to solve real problems I could take the next step and publish them in Bugzilla.
 Topic: Regex Restrictions on Eclipse Schema file (.exsd)
Regex Restrictions on Eclipse Schema file (.exsd) [message #1782356] Thu, 22 February 2018 10:29
Sudheendra desai is currently offline Sudheendra desaiFriend
Hi

I am trying add new attribute with the type java and i chooses the Extends class inside Schema file (.exsed) for Extension. But after adding the output is coming with full path of class (full qualified name ) as per requirement i need only class name as the result value .

<appinfo>
<meta.attribute kind="java" basedOn=":<package Name>.<class-name>"/>
</appinfo>

How to add regex to the output text-box or in schema file to trim the full package name to class name

Regards,
Sudheendra
 Topic: Maven issues with proxy settings from a ssh file
Maven issues with proxy settings from a ssh file [message #1782355] Thu, 22 February 2018 10:21
Eve Pokua is currently offline Eve PokuaFriend
Hello,

I have created a ssh file in my .ssh dir on my Mac. This file is for a Bugzilla installed on a virtual ubuntu virtualbox. So this ssh file has nothing to do with eclipse. But after all these, I go to my host machine and installed eclipse IDE. Eclipse must have picked all these setting up. I see these in my Eclipse -> Preference -> Network Connections. How and why Eclipse would pick this Up I do not know why. Now it's affecting all the maven projects I have pass and present. I can't seem to create any maven project.

I have been searching around google everywhere, where I have come to the conclusion that is the ssh file eclipse have. I do not need eclipse to contain this ssh file.

Installed in on my local is another maven -

/usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.5.2

Now, I understand that I can point eclipse to my local installed of maven but on the Eclipse -> Preference -> Maven -> Installations - "Select Installation used to launch maven,

The 'Embedded' is selected by default and it won't let me add the /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.5.2 to it. I need this added so I can use it instead of the "embedded'.

I am using eclipse oxygen

I have spent the last 3 days on this and I need help.

PLease, any suggestions as I do not know what else to do.

Thank you.
 Topic: Front End design using Bootstrap and eclipse
Front End design using Bootstrap and eclipse [message #1782335] Thu, 22 February 2018 06:35
Ella John is currently offline Ella JohnFriend
Hi all,
I am new to eclipse and worklight. I want to create front end using bootstrap. How can I do that using Eclipse. Please give me solution..
 Topic: windowbuilder problem
windowbuilder problem [message #1782328] Thu, 22 February 2018 02:57
alexander leon is currently offline alexander leonFriend
hey guys,
i really need your help with this , i have a windows 10 hp spectre x2 2 in 1 detachable tablet , i installed eclipse oxygen in it but when i installed the window builder and tried to use it doesn't work, so does it really mean that it's because of my tablet?? i mean should i get a device with a dedicated graphics cards or it's because of something else???

appreciate any answer
 Topic: Setting breakpoints in Javascript editor does not work as expected
Setting breakpoints in Javascript editor does not work as expected [message #1782258] Wed, 21 February 2018 03:13
Dhanya Pradeep is currently offline Dhanya PradeepFriend
Hi,

We have an application which provides scripting support using the mozilla Rhino javascript engine. We also have a framework that provides APIs to the script that helps the script to interact with the internals of our tool. Recently we provided a feature to enable debugging of the javascripts developed for the tool using eclipse and the debug support provided by the JSDT Debug framework.
We see two problems and would like to know whether someone can help us

1. Sometimes the breakpoints do not get set at the place that we intend to. For eg: If I want to set a breakpoint at line no 10, it gets set at 11, sometimes 15 etc.
2. Even if I set a breakpoint, they are not hit at the right places when we run the script.
3. It is also noted that with small scripts we do not face much problem, as the length of the script increases we see more and more problems.

We are using Eclipse 4.2 Juno version.
It is also to be noted that the since the script is embedded into our java application users are free to use both java and javascript syntaxes.
I'm not sure whether the commands are causing any problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhanya
 Topic: Could not connect to virtual machine
Could not connect to virtual machine [message #1782161] Mon, 19 February 2018 17:43
Enrique Menduina is currently offline Enrique MenduinaFriend
I have just installed the Java Me environment on the Eclipse IDE (Oxygen).
However, when trying to run a simple test Midlet the following message is received:

could not connect with the virtual machine.

It seems the installation is not really well done.

The java -version command produces the enclosed result:

java version "9.0.4"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)

Any idea on how to solve it?
 Topic: XSD with includes
XSD with includes [message #1782109] Sun, 18 February 2018 11:10
Sven Schwyn is currently offline Sven SchwynFriend
Hi

Here's a newbie question working on the following set of XML schema files:

htt p://aixm.aero/schema/4.5/index.html

I've created a project and dropped (linked) all four files in there. Then opened the "AIXM-Features.xsd" and hit "validate" and got the following an similar errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type s4s-elt-invalid-content.1:
The content of 'AircraftClassType' is invalid.
> Element 'attributeGroup' is invalid, misplaced, or occurs too often.
AIXM-Features.xsd /afmx line 919 XML Schema Problem

The error is triggered for every line such as the following:

<xsd:attributeGroup ref="Changes"/>

Apparently, the definition for "Changes" is not found since it's not present in "AIXM-Features.xsd" but in "AIXM-Snapshot.xsd" which includes "AIXM-Features.xsd".

Copying the definition over removes the errors. However, is there a better solution? How can I tell Eclipse to validate "AIXM-Features.xsd" taking into consideration the includer "AIXM-Snapshot.xsd"?

Thanks for your help!
 Topic: ERRORS
ERRORS [message #1782106] Sun, 18 February 2018 00:13
ZeGaming Cuber is currently offline ZeGaming CuberFriend
I have had two errors:
ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository code=1002 Unable to read repository at http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen.
and
ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository code=0 An error occurred while downloading http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/oxygen/content.xml.xz. The cache file C:\Users\<user>\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository\cache\downloading\-1747184149 could not be renamed to C:\Users\<user>\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository\cache\-1747184149.
 Topic: Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition
Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition [message #1782100] Sat, 17 February 2018 15:46
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
When I run my javascript/jquery/html code in Eclipse Oxygen JEE, it brings up firefox by default. Somehow it knows that I also have chrome, because when I right click on my index.html file in the project explorer and select "Debug As", I get to pick either "Debug on Server" or "Chrome/Chromium Debugger".

If I go to the tool bar and select, Windows --> Web Brower, I can pick from 'default browser', 'firefox' or 'chrome'.

How do I let Eclipse know that I have 'Firefox Developer Edition' installed and to use that when I debug?

Jim A
Forum: EGit / JGit
 Topic: Is git lfs functioning in 4.10?
Is git lfs functioning in 4.10? [message #1782352] Thu, 22 February 2018 10:06
Marcel Wagner is currently offline Marcel WagnerFriend
I try to use git lfs (GitLab server) with Eclipse 4.7.2 and EGit 4.10. In the path I have installed git 2.16.1 and git-lfs 2.3.4 on the windows platform. From the teminal in eclipse, I can check in binary files in the git lfs. But with EGit all binary data are checked in the git repository and not in the git lfs storage.
My questions are now:
- Should git lfs checkins from EGit function?
- Is there a logging to detect what the problem is?

Thanks for the help!
Regards,
Marcel
Forum: Java Development Tools (JDT)
 Topic: Eclipse or Oracle Java compiler disagreement
Eclipse or Oracle Java compiler disagreement [message #1782366] Thu, 22 February 2018 11:58
Alexandros Karypidis is currently offline Alexandros KarypidisFriend
Hi,

I upgraded to Eclipse Oxygen yesterday and as soon as I fired up my workspace JDT complained about some code in it. That code compiles fine with Eclipse Neon (JDT 3.12.3) and Oracle Java 8 JDK. I also upgraded my Oracle JDK to 8 update 161 (latest Java 8 version) and it still seems to think that there are no issues with the code that Oxygen is offended by.

I was about to file a bug report and trimmed the it down to this snippet which reproduces the problem:

package playground;

public class EclipseOxygen
{
    public <T, E extends T> EclipseOxygen(E impl, Class<T> intf) {
    }
    public <T, E extends T> void andAsMethod(E impl, Class<T> intf) {
    }

public <T> void something(T ref) {
        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
        Class<? super T> clazz = (Class<? super T>) ref.getClass();
        new EclipseOxygen(ref, clazz.asSubclass(EclipseOxygen.class));
        andAsMethod(ref, clazz.asSubclass(EclipseOxygen.class));
    }
}

Oxygen cries foul when invoking the constructor:

The constructor EclipseOxygen(T,Class<capture#4-of ? extends EclipseOxygen) is undefined

Same error two lines below in the method invocation.

The snippet though made it apparent to me that T is obviously unrelated (in terms of bounds) to class EclipseOxygen so it seems to me that Oxygen's JDT is actually right? I fixed it with casting ref to that class:

package playground;

public class EclipseOxygen
{
    public <T, E extends T> EclipseOxygen(E impl, Class<T> intf) {        
    }
    public <T, E extends T> void andAsMethod(E impl, Class<T> intf) {   
    }

public <T> void something(T ref) {
        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
        Class<? super T> clazz = (Class<? super T>) ref.getClass();
        new EclipseOxygen((EclipseOxygen)ref, clazz.asSubclass(EclipseOxygen.class));
        andAsMethod((EclipseOxygen)ref, clazz.asSubclass(EclipseOxygen.class));
    }
}

It seems that the Class<? super T> confuses Eclipse Neon and Oracle JDK and this is a bug in both (now fixed in Oxygen)?

Topic: Access an IComilationUnit corresponding to an IField
Access an IComilationUnit corresponding to an IField [message #1782349] Thu, 22 February 2018 09:41
Piet Willers is currently offline Piet WillersFriend
Hey there,

i develop a plugin to generate a new class from the class, the plugin has been called from.

This part works totally fine. But I also need to generate a new class for the nested types in my class. For example I have a class called "xyz" and I declare a variable of that type in my class "abc". In this example, I would call the plugin from class "abc" and I need to programmatically detect the class "xyz" and call the plugin for that class as well.

The plugin is called with a parameter of type ICompilationUnit.
And there comes the problem i haven't been able to solve yet:
How do I access the ICompilationUnit of a type that is linked in my existing ICompilationUnit.

The furthest i have been was getting the IFile of my nested type, but i wasn't able to get the ICompilationUnit from there neither.

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Piet
 Topic: VBS Script Integration
VBS Script Integration [message #1782068] Fri, 16 February 2018 17:45
Benedikt Tegethoff is currently offline Benedikt TegethoffFriend
Hello,

I need to integrate a VBS file into the Eclipse Java Workspace.

The VBS file is used to parse information out of an ECAD document from "Zuken e3" and returns Arrays of IDs, Strings of componentnames etc. These arrays should then be given to the Java workspace where they are additionally transformed into CAEX/AutomationML through EMF/ecore files.

Is there a direct way of integrating VBS into an Eclipse Java workspace, or what is your best guess to implement a connection? I'm very new to programming and this is one of my first tasks in eclipse.

Have a nice day :)
 Topic: JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme (contains sys + reproduce)
JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme (contains sys + reproduce) [message #1782050] Fri, 16 February 2018 13:36
George Labuschagne is currently offline George LabuschagneFriend
The following issue exists (tested on 3 machines) and is 100% reproduce-able.

Issue: JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme.

System:
1. CentOS 7.4 all up to date (screenshot 1)
2. Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2); Build id: 20171218-0600
3. JVM: java version "1.8.0_162"; Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_162-b12); Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.162-b12, mixed mode)
4. Darkest Dark version: Darkest Dark w/ DevStyle cl 10 - although this non-theming is present in the default Eclipse theme as well.

How to reproduce:
1. Create any JSF application (using maven or any other method).
2. Use .xhtml as the file extension for the JSF pages.
3. Hover mouse over any attribute / component.

Expected behaviour:
Popup providing information regarding a JSF component should look similar to the popups used in .java -- see screenshot of expected behaviour attached as s1.png

Actual behaviour:
Popup is not using any of the theming provided by this great theme. Popup is rendered as black text on white background with plain font -- see screenshot of actual behaviour attached as s2.png

Please let me know if I should provide any further information regarding this issue.

Also, if there is a 'quick fix' / 'work around' implementable, please explain how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance
  • Attachment: s1.png
    (Size: 54.67KB, Downloaded 6 times)
  • Attachment: s2.png
    (Size: 94.36KB, Downloaded 4 times)
Forum: Andmore
 Topic: WindowBuilder design show not working correctly
WindowBuilder design show not working correctly [message #1782409] Thu, 22 February 2018 18:03
Fynn Pilzi is currently offline Fynn PilziFriend
Hello guys from the eclipse forum,

i was trying to create a frame with WindowBuilder, but unfortunetly the right and bottom corner of the JFrame is invisible in the design show. However when I run the programm, the frame is working correctly.
I tried it on JavaSE 9.0.4 and JavaSE 1.8.0_162 aswell. But both didn't work even though some weeks ago it did when using Java 8.
There is a picture uploaded I took for showing what I tried to describe.
I hope someone can help me solving that issue.
Thank you in advance.

Great regards Fynn.
  • Attachment: IssuePic.png
    (Size: 128.73KB, Downloaded 3 times)
Forum: scout
 Topic: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher [message #1782208] Tue, 20 February 2018 12:52
jörg kalsbach is currently offline jörg kalsbachFriend
Hi all,
how does the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20130327-1440 know, which application to start? It starts jmeter but where is the place to configure the class to start by the launcher?

Many thanks in advance for clarifying.

Cheers,

Jörg
 Topic: Load Test with JMeter
Load Test with JMeter [message #1782207] Tue, 20 February 2018 12:49
jörg kalsbach is currently offline jörg kalsbachFriend
Hi all,

we are load testing a scout based application. We are forced to use the JMeter version that comes bundled with the particular scout version. The JMeter Version is 2.12 which is quite old. The vendor will not change the underlying scout version. Is there a way to tell the scout platform to use another JMeter version? Or is there hard reason to enforce JMeter 2.12 with a particular scout version?

Thanks in advance,

Jörg
Forum: M2T (model-to-text transformation)
 Topic: [Acceleo] Bad behaviour with Java classes with Acceleo runner
[Acceleo] Bad behaviour with Java classes with Acceleo runner [message #1782402] Thu, 22 February 2018 16:57
Mad Vin is currently offline Mad VinFriend
Hello,

For my generator, I have to use several of my Java classes storing static attributes and defining static methods.
When I launch the generator with the Acceleo runner, the first run has no problem and the generation works well, but from the second runs, it seems Acceleo doesn't use the good Java classes.
If I launch the generation with the Java runner, I have no problems.

Here is my example :

In the Main java class of my generator, I do this :
    @Override
    public void doGenerate(Monitor monitor) throws IOException {

// Init the services useful for the code generation.
    	EclipseLogServices.info("MainDAO.java", "doGenerate", "Start the pre processing tasks.");
        LogServices.initLoggingService();
    	EclipseLogServices.info("MainDAO.java", "doGenerate", "End the pre processing tasks.");

// Launch the code generation.
        super.doGenerate(monitor);

// Close the services useful for the code generation.
    	EclipseLogServices.info("MainDAO.java", "doGenerate", "Start the post processing tasks.");
        LogServices.closeLoggingService();
    	EclipseLogServices.info("MainDAO.java", "doGenerate", "End the post processing tasks.");

In the LogServices class, I do this :

private static Logger logger = null;

public static void initLoggingService() {

// Create the FileHandler
		FileHandler fileHandler = null;

try {
			fileHandler = new FileHandler(LOG_FILE_PATH, false);
			fileHandler.setFormatter(LogFormatter.getInstance());
			fileHandler.setLevel(Level.ALL);
		} catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
			throw new RuntimeException(e);
		}

// Init the logger
		logger = Logger.getLogger(Logger.GLOBAL_LOGGER_NAME);

logger.setLevel(Level.ALL);
		logger.setUseParentHandlers(false);

logger.addHandler(fileHandler);

info("LogServices.java", "initLoggingService", "Logger = " + logger);
	}

public static void closeLoggingService() {
		if (logger != null) {
			for (Handler handler : logger.getHandlers()) {
				handler.close();
			}

logger = null;
		}
	}

public static void info(String className, String methodName, String message) {
		// Build the LogRecord instance.
		LogRecord logRecord = LogFormatter.buildLogRecord(Level.INFO, className, methodName, message);

// Log the info message.
		logger.log(logRecord);

// Log an info message in the Error Log view of Eclipse.
		EclipseLogServices.info(logRecord);
	}

.... other logging methods...

The generation calls an Acceleo template logging messages by using the LogServices class, and from the second run, the calls of the LogServices methods from the Acceleo template fail because the LogServices.logger static attribute is null and I don't understand why.

For your information, the 4 logs generated by my EclipseLogServices in the doGenerate() method of the Main class are well displayed in all the runs, and even the one generated in the LogServices.initLoggingService method by the call of the info() method : an interesting thing is that the object id of the logger displayed in this last log is always the same in all the runs. It changes if I restart Eclipse : so it means the Logger class of the standard library is loaded by the JVM, and Java uses the same heap memory for all its runs in Eclipse.

Do you see what is wrong in this code ? The LogServices.closeLoggingService() is only called in the Main.doGenerate() method, so this is the only moment the LogServices.logger is null. So how can it be null when the methods of this class are called by the Acceleo template from the second run ? It seems the Main java class doesn't use the same loaded LogServices class as the Acceleo template, which uses only the one of the first run in which logger is null. Is there something to do in my Main class with my LogServices class ? I see that several post generation operations are executed by the generate() method of the AbstractAcceleoGenerator parent class, like clearing some services and loaded resources, could it will be the solution ? If yes, how can I declare this resource ?

I'm using Acceleo 3.4.1.

Thank you.

Best regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 February 2018 17:04]

Report message to a moderator

Forum: Papyrus
 Topic: Palette definition extention
Palette definition extention [message #1782116] Sun, 18 February 2018 18:19
Meriem Kh is currently offline Meriem KhFriend
I have a error in this project
i upload this project from githup
https://github.com/uoy-enterprise/papyrus-training
I am a beginner,
i have a problem an error accure in the plugin exactely in the extension of palette definition the error go when i delete this extention
so, i'm sure that the problem is there.
how do i make it work correctly help me please
  • Attachment: c1.PNG
    (Size: 5.69KB, Downloaded 8 times)
  • Attachment: C2.PNG
    (Size: 10.82KB, Downloaded 8 times)
Forum: Oomph
 Topic: How to set Workspce as default Oopmh Preference Recorder location from product catalog
How to set Workspce as default Oopmh Preference Recorder location from product catalog [message #1782393] Thu, 22 February 2018 16:14
Ge Strait is currently offline Ge StraitFriend
I want to add a setup task to my product catalog such that the Eclipse Installer will set the Oomph Recorder default location to Workspace rather than User as it is by default.

Is this possible?
Can someone provide a sample setupTask?
<setupTask
xsi:type="setup:PreferenceTask"
key="???"
value="???"/>
Forum: Compare
 Topic: EMF Compare 3.2.1 and Oxygen
EMF Compare 3.2.1 and Oxygen [message #1782380] Thu, 22 February 2018 14:04
Simon BBBBBBB is currently offline Simon BBBBBBBFriend
Hello,

i build an application that works with emf compare 3.2.1 but not with a newer version. i tryed to install the 3.2.1 compare version into my oxygen eclipse and at first there where no problems. but my application wont work because it cant find the plugins. if i go to help -> about -> installation details i can see the plugins under installed software, but not under Plug-ins.

Any suggestions how i can solve this?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 February 2018 14:17]

Forum: BIRT
 Topic: Suppress error if a data source isn't available
Suppress error if a data source isn't available [message #1782374] Thu, 22 February 2018 13:01
Dmitry A. Smirnov is currently offline Dmitry A. SmirnovFriend
Hello!
We developed a complex BIRT report working with several data sources (Microsoft SQL Server databases used in several remote offices). Some time, some office can be unavailable because of problem with connection. In this case, the report will throw an error for the whole report although all other data sources can be available.
I was trying to intercept the error in beforeFactory but it seems that BIRT checks data sources before this event will take place.
All I want is to catch the error and display error message for the only unavailable data source but display the data for other data sources after the report is generated.
Sorry, is it possible to catch such an error and somehow realize the needed behavior?
Thank you very much in advance!
 Topic: Footer with dynamic height
Footer with dynamic height [message #1782363] Thu, 22 February 2018 11:11
Preethi Muniraj is currently offline Preethi MunirajFriend
Is there any provision to set different height for footers in BIRT based on pageNumbers.

For eg., Can we set the footerHeight as "0.5in" for page 1 and footerHeight as "0.1in" for page 2?
 Topic: Data cube with scripted data set - Computed column "Products" has dependency cycle
Data cube with scripted data set - Computed column "Products" has dependency cycle [message #1782361] Thu, 22 February 2018 11:02
srikanth jogeswar is currently offline srikanth jogeswarFriend
Hi Team,

Could any one tell me what's wrong with this am unable generate a crosstab with data cube in java getting the below exception. Thank you.
=================================================
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
exception.error
Error happens when create hierarchy:customerRegion.customerRegion.
Computed column "Products" has dependency cycle.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutorManager$ExecutorContext.executeQuery(ExecutorManager.java:457)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.item.crosstab.core.re.executor.BaseCrosstabExecutor.executeQuery(BaseCrosstabExecutor.java:122)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.item.crosstab.core.re.executor.CrosstabReportItemExecutor.execute(CrosstabReportItemExecutor.java:102)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExtendedItemExecutor.execute(ExtendedItemExecutor.java:62)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:249)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:273)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:89)
at main.controller.SalesReport.runReportProcess4Xls(SalesReport.java:279)
at main.controller.SalesReport.createReport(SalesReport.java:203)
at main.controller.SalesReport.main(SalesReport.java:153)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
exception.error
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:671)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteCube(DteDataEngine.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecuteCube(DataGenerationEngine.java:96)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:290)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutorManager$ExecutorContext.executeQuery(ExecutorManager.java:447)
... 17 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: exception.error
========================================================

My Code: below
=================================================
private void createDataSources( ) throws Exception
{
ScriptDataSourceHandle dataSourceHandle = elementFactory.newScriptDataSource( "Data Source" );//$NON-NLS-1$
reportDesignHandle.getDataSources( ).add( dataSourceHandle );
}

private void createDataSets() throws Exception{
// Data Set
try{
ScriptDataSetHandle dataSetHandle;
dataSetHandle = elementFactory.newScriptDataSet( "With Data" );
dataSetHandle.setDataSource( "Data Source" );

// Set open( ) in code
dataSetHandle.setOpen( "i=0;"//$NON-NLS-1$
+ "sourcedata = new Array( new Array(3), new Array(3), new Array(3), "
+ "new Array(3), new Array(3), new Array(3), new Array(3), new Array(3));"
//+ "sourcedata[0][0] = 10; "
+ "sourcedata[0][0] = \"India\";"
+ "sourcedata[0][1] = \"Vintage Cars\";"

//+ "sourcedata[1][0] = 10; "
+ "sourcedata[1][0] = \"USA\";"
+ "sourcedata[1][1] = \"Buses\";");

// // Set fetch( ) in code
dataSetHandle.setFetch( "if ( i < 2 ){"//$NON-NLS-1$
//+ "row[\"Month\"] = sourcedata[i][0];"//$NON-NLS-1$
+ "row[\"Country\"] = sourcedata[i][0];"//$NON-NLS-1$
+ "row[\"Products\"] = sourcedata[i][1];"//$NON-NLS-1$
+ "i++;"//$NON-NLS-1$
+ "return true;}" + "else return false;" );//$NON-NLS-1$//$NON-NLS-2$
cs2 = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn( );
cs2.setName( "Products" );
cs2.setExpression( "row[\"Products\"]" );
cs2.setDataType( "string" );
ColumnHint ch = StructureFactory.createColumnHint();
ch.setProperty("columnName", "Products");

PropertyHandle computedSet = dataSetHandle.getPropertyHandle( ScriptDataSetHandle.COMPUTED_COLUMNS_PROP );
computedSet.addItem( cs2 );
reportDesignHandle.getDataSets( ).add( dataSetHandle );
}catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace(System.out);
}
}

public void buidCube1() throws Exception{
TabularCubeHandle cubeHandle = reportDesignHandle.getElementFactory( )
.newTabularCube( "MyCube" );
cubeHandle.setDataSet((DataSetHandle)reportDesignHandle.getDataSets().get(0));
reportDesignHandle.getCubes( ).add( cubeHandle );

// dimension
TabularDimensionHandle dimension = elementFactory.newTabularDimension(
"customerRegion");

// hierarchy
dimension.add( TabularDimensionHandle.HIERARCHIES_PROP,
elementFactory.newTabularHierarchy( "customerRegion" ),0 );
TabularHierarchyHandle hierarchy = (TabularHierarchyHandle)
dimension.getContent( TabularDimensionHandle.HIERARCHIES_PROP, 0 );
//hierarchy.setName( namePrix + hierarchy.getName( ) );
hierarchy.setDataSet( (DataSetHandle)reportDesignHandle.getDataSets().get(0) );

// level
hierarchy.add( TabularHierarchyHandle.LEVELS_PROP,
elementFactory.newTabularLevel( dimension, "customerRegion" ),0);

TabularLevelHandle level = (TabularLevelHandle) hierarchy.getLevel(0);
//TabularLevelHandle level = (TabularLevelHandle)
// hierarchy.getContent(TabularHierarchyHandle.LEVELS_PROP, 0 );
level.setName( "Products" );
level.setColumnName( "Products" );
level.setDataType( DesignChoiceConstants.COLUMN_DATA_TYPE_STRING );

//dimension.setTimeType( false );
cubeHandle.add(TabularCubeHandle.DIMENSIONS_PROP, dimension );

ExtendedItemHandle xtab =
CrosstabExtendedItemFactory.createCrosstabReportItem(reportDesignHandle,
cubeHandle, "MyCrosstab" );
CrosstabReportItemHandle xtabHandle = (CrosstabReportItemHandle) CrosstabUtil.getReportItem( xtab );
DimensionViewHandle dvh = xtabHandle.insertDimension(dimension, ICrosstabConstants.ROW_AXIS_TYPE, 0);
LevelViewHandle levelViewHandle =dvh.insertLevel(level, 0);
CrosstabCellHandle cellHandle = levelViewHandle.getCell( );
DesignElementHandle eii = xtabHandle.getModelHandle( );
// Create Product Dimension binding
ComputedColumn Products = StructureFactory.newComputedColumn(
eii, level.getName( ) );
ComputedColumnHandle bindingHandle = ((ReportItemHandle)
eii).addColumnBinding( Products,true );
Products.setName( "customerRegion/Products" );
Products.setExpression( "dimension['"+dimension.getName()+"']['"+level.getName()+"']");
Products.setDataType( "string" );
String exp = "dimension['" +dimension.getName()+"']['"+level.getName()+"']";
System.out.println(exp);
//xtab.addColumnBinding( Products, true );
DataItemHandle dataHandle = elementFactory.newDataItem("dataItem1");
dataHandle.setResultSetColumn( bindingHandle.getName( ) );
//cellHandle.addContent( dataHandle );
cellHandle.addContent( dataHandle );
reportDesignHandle.getBody().add(xtab);

}
 Topic: Report Parameter List Box - Dynamic and Multiple - Select All
Report Parameter List Box - Dynamic and Multiple - Select All [message #1782296] Wed, 21 February 2018 12:40
Daniel Marquini is currently offline Daniel MarquiniFriend
Hello,

I have a report parameter of type ListBox, where data is dynamic and multiple values are allowed. I need that when displaying the report parameter screen, all items are selected automatically.

How to make?

Thank you.
 Topic: Getting 'Data Set script method "Fetch" returned null;' while fetching 2nd Row
Getting 'Data Set script method "Fetch" returned null;' while fetching 2nd Row [message #1782269] Wed, 21 February 2018 06:55
S A is currently offline S AFriend
Hi,

I am new to Birt reporting tool and trying to learn the scripted data set. My requirement is simple - to fetch data from spring service method and show it to the table. Currently I am getting ''Data Set script method "Fetch" returned null; expected a Boolean value.' while fetching 2nd row of table. In other word, the first row is being fetched successfully and I can see it in the report as well. My data list contains 5 or more list of java objects. Unable to figure out what am I missing(rptdesign is attached). Tried putting the content of initialize method in data-set's open method but still the output was same(stack trace is attached). I need some other operations like adding aggregation to the table so I fetched the data in initialize method instead of data-set's open method.
 Topic: Sum only on specific bars in a chart
Sum only on specific bars in a chart [message #1782214] Tue, 20 February 2018 13:53
Peter Michaels is currently offline Peter MichaelsFriend
Hi,
I have the following table (SQL query):

Name      |  Amount           |   Budget
----------------------------------------------
Peter     |      3            |     5
Peter     |      1            |     5
Mike      |      4            |     6

I want to generate a barchart which should look like this:

#
#           #
#  #        #   #
#  #        #   #
#  #        #   #
#  #        #   #
Peter       Mike

First bar for each "Name" should be the "Budget" for each "Name". This is 5 for Peter and 6 for Mike. Second bar for each "Name" should be the sum of "Amount". This is 4 for Peter and also 4 for Mike.

The default chart in BIRT generates a sum for each bar when I put "Name" to X-Axis. This leads to a Budget of 10 for Peter and 6 for Mike (which is correct in this case because Mike is only in one row). But I only want the sum for "Amount", not for the Budget. Any hints on that?

BR, Peter
 Topic: cannot view reports in birt
cannot view reports in birt [message #1782168] Tue, 20 February 2018 00:29
Shawn Wilson is currently offline Shawn WilsonFriend
Nothing comes up when I click on anything under teh Run->View Report menu.

All I get is:

sh: 0: Can't open http://127.0.0.1:61487/viewer/preview?__report=%2Fhome%2Fshawn%2Fworkspace%2FDummyReport%2Fnew_report.rptdesign&__format=pdf&__svg=true&__locale=en_CA&__timezone=IET&__masterpage=true&__rtl=false&__cubememsize=10&__resourceFolder=%2Fhome%2Fshawn%2Fworkspace%2FDummyReport&__dpi=95&__emitterid=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf&361372887

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks.
Shawn
 Topic: Page Counter by group
Page Counter by group [message #1782165] Mon, 19 February 2018 20:31
Sreenivas Raman is currently offline Sreenivas RamanFriend
I have a data set in which I need to add a separate page after each group of data. And mention how many pages got printed.

Example:
Dataset
Name Location
A 1
B 1
C 1
D 2
E 2
F 3
G 4
H 4
I 4
J 4
K 4

And I want the output as the image attached.
 Topic: Birt Custom Error/Information message
Birt Custom Error/Information message [message #1782146] Mon, 19 February 2018 13:17
Kooshal Goteea is currently offline Kooshal GoteeaFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to customise the error message we have when attempting to write a string on an integer parameter?

The error message we get when trying this is:
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerValidationException: The parameter "ParamNom" is invalid. The value "adfa" is invalid with the type "integer".

I want to have a more "user friendly message" without the org.eclipse.birt.report.exception part.

Thanks for your help guys.

Regards,
Kooshal
 Topic: Master page and writing letter as pdf
Master page and writing letter as pdf [message #1782094] Sat, 17 February 2018 08:09
Marina Orth is currently offline Marina OrthFriend
Hi,

i want to generate a BIRT report with a writing letter in the background. The writing letter is a pdf-file with two sites.
Master page got a background option for images, but i don't see any option for setting a pdf-file. Is there a option? Or is it possible via scripting?

Kind regards

Marina
Forum: RCP Testing Tool
 Topic: Error:process was terminated while waiting for aut startup data
Error:process was terminated while waiting for aut startup data [message #1782345] Thu, 22 February 2018 09:18
Harshita Mittal is currently offline Harshita MittalFriend
I'm using Rcp testing tool to automate configuration testing,i'm taking tresos folder as my application,but when i tried to launch the application then i'm getting AUT connection error.
 Topic: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context
Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782295] Wed, 21 February 2018 12:37
Fabian Bo is currently offline Fabian BoFriend
Hello everybody,

I've written a maven script that will download my projects that I want to test on every build job. If I want to call these projects in my test case, I have to link them in the workspace context. Unfortunately, the project gets the name of the linked folder instead of the project name. but I need the project name.
Is there a way to adjust or bypass this?
I would like to load the projects each time with the newest state and import these in my workspace with the project name, so that I can run launch configurations etc.

The Projects will be downloaded in the following maven folder:
IntegrationTests\org.simulator.product.tests.ui\target\examples\*ProjectName*

Many Thanks
Fabian

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2018 12:44]

Topic: Eclipse Application under Test launching is frozen on "Initializing source locator..."
Eclipse Application under Test launching is frozen on "Initializing source locator..." [message #1782055] Fri, 16 February 2018 14:20
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hello,

I would like to launch and record RCPTT tests from my development environment (not from a built product). I build my workspace by using a target platform.

I installed RCPTT plugins and created an Eclipse Application under Test that references an Eclipse Application launch configuration.

While running the Eclipse AUT, the RCPTT target platform seems properly created but the launching stay frozen a while on the step "Initializing source locator..."

Does anyone have already met this issue ?

Regards,

Florian
Forum: Paho
 Topic: 100ms fixed timeout when QoS=2 (bad performances)
100ms fixed timeout when QoS=2 (bad performances) [message #1782340] Thu, 22 February 2018 07:02
Lorenzo Bertelli is currently offline Lorenzo BertelliFriend
Hi,
in my project I need to publish messages with high frequency. The publish result must be synchronous, to retry the publish later in case of issues.
For this reason I am using the parameters QoS=2 and Reliable=true (message queue size equal to 1).

With this configuration Paho sends messages with a frequency of 10 messages/second (see attached wiresharkSnapshot.png). The issue seems to be related to the "timeout" const in MQTTClient_yield(), called by MQTTClient_publish function.
I tried to reduce the value to 10ms and the delay disappear, apparently without introducing drawbacks.

Do you have any suggestion about how to avoid the issue and if we can set the value to 10ms without side effects?

For reproducibility, I attached the code snippet which cause the issue.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Forum: C / C++ IDE (CDT)
 Topic: Unable to debug on El Capitan
Unable to debug on El Capitan [message #1782368] Thu, 22 February 2018 12:19
an de is currently offline an deFriend
I am unable to debug anything within Eclipse: launch stops at 96%, app stops responding, before that "Step into" and other buttons were inactive.
I defined a path to gdb (8.0), then I had some troubles with .gdbinit.

I was unable to follow the instructions to create that file:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#What_is_the_CDT.3F
Because of other known error: "ImportError: No module named libstdcxx.v6.printers"
So I created it myself with the following content: "set startup-with-shell off", as it was advised on apple forum.

Mac OS X 10.11.6
Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools Version: 9.4.2.201802122019
GNU gdb (GDB) 8.0

Now Eclipse just stop responding few seconds after pushing "bug" button, and showing that Launching is at 99%. I restarted the system couple of times, tried to update it.

I need some help with that!

Thank you in advance!
 Topic: STRICT_EXPECTED_CALL(mallocAndStrcpy_s(IGNORED_PTR_ARG, config)) .IgnoreArgument(1); #524
STRICT_EXPECTED_CALL(mallocAndStrcpy_s(IGNORED_PTR_ARG, config)) .IgnoreArgument(1); #524 [message #1782337] Thu, 22 February 2018 06:37
P Kiran is currently offline P KiranFriend
Hi,

can anyone please help me to get out of this problem.

#prob ------> STRICT_EXPECTED_CALL(mallocAndStrcpy_s(IGNORED_PTR_ARG, config))
.IgnoreArgument(1);

#error -------> expected expression before '.' token

screenshot from 2018-02-21 13 00 11
 Topic: Code beautify with Eclipse
Code beautify with Eclipse [message #1782213] Tue, 20 February 2018 13:52
column column is currently offline column columnFriend
Hello,

What is the best way to look c++ code more neat? By that I mean placing right amount tabs and spaces or new lines.
 Topic: include softpack header files in a project
include softpack header files in a project [message #1782160] Mon, 19 February 2018 17:41
Etienne 2D is currently offline Etienne 2DFriend
Hello everyone,

I need your help and your advices.

I have recently downloaded eclipse and I use a Cross GCC toolchain.
I have a soft pack from microchip with a lot of header files and C source codes in different sub folders .
I would like to create a C project and use the different headers files of this softpack in the project. I managed to put the softpack in the C project includes folder by doing:
-right click on the project
-select properties
-select path and sympols
-select GNU , include, add my package (choosing file system), apply and close

It worked but in the main.c of my project, for each header files which is called i have to precisely specify its path, header files which call others header files and so on.
It will be a very long process to specify the path for all of them.

Is there a way to use the softpack in a way which once a header file is called it automatically finds itself the header files in the sub folder, without the need to specify each path in the main.c ??

Thank to all of you

regards
 Topic: [DSF] Is there a class to represents a GDB/MI Session
[DSF] Is there a class to represents a GDB/MI Session [message #1782032] Fri, 16 February 2018 09:53
Vincent Richaud is currently offline Vincent RichaudFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a plugin that used CDI (which is no longer supported by eclipse). And the plugin used org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MISession. ANd this class as been removed,so I was wondering if there is a class in DSF that represents a GDB/MI session ?
Forum: OM2M
 Topic: connection between MN-CSE and IN-CSE
connection between MN-CSE and IN-CSE [message #1782044] Fri, 16 February 2018 12:36
Muhammad Kamran is currently offline Muhammad KamranFriend
Configured and connected MN-CSE and IN-CSE over local area successfully by following https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/Starting, but having issue while in communication of MN-CSE with IN-CSE over pubic internet. MN-CSE is connected with IN-CSE, but i am unable to access MN-CSE containers from IN-CSE.
On public internet do we require public ip of both MN-CSE and IN-CSE, or we just need public IP of IN-CSE?
 Topic: MQTT: Error in creating container/content instance on MN-CSE/IN-CSE
MQTT: Error in creating container/content instance on MN-CSE/IN-CSE [message #1782043] Fri, 16 February 2018 12:28
Muhammad Kamran is currently offline Muhammad KamranFriend
Tried to create container/content instance on MN-CSE/IN-CSE over MQTT by following https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/MQTT_Binding, but receiving following response.

{
"m2m:rsp" : {
"m2m:rsc" : 4000,
"m2m:pc" : "No Operation provided",
"m2m:fr" : "/MN-CSE7"
}
}

Request Topic: /oneM2M/req/AE_123/in-cse/json

Payload
{
"m2m:rqp" : {
"fr" : "AE_123",
"to" : "/in-cse/in-name/AE_123",
"op" : 1,
"rqi": 123456,
"pc": {
"m2m:cnt" : {
"rn": "cntName"
}
},
"ty": 3
}
}
Forum: Eclipse Kapua
 Topic: kapua connection
kapua connection [message #1782308] Wed, 21 February 2018 15:10
Ahmad Ariuf is currently offline Ahmad AriufFriend
Hi all,

I am facing some issues regarding Kapua connection. I am using Raspbian on raspberry pi 3. I have installed MQTT client on my system. when I run the following commands on my terminal the connection is successfully established but it does not send any message.

For publish: sudo mosquitto_pub -h "IPaddress " -p "Port" -t "topic" -m "message" -u "user-name" -P "user-pass" -i "client-id"

For subscribe: sudo mosquitto_sub -h "IPaddress " -p "Port" -t "topic" -u "user-name" -P "user-pass" -i "client-id"

When I do the same for localhost it does send the message. I am using two different terminals to publish and subscribe.

Note: Kapua is also installed on the same network.

Is there any method to send a message to Kapua using MQTT in the terminal. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Kind Regards,
Ahmad Arif
 Topic: Kura connection to Kapua over LTE
Kura connection to Kapua over LTE [message #1782219] Tue, 20 February 2018 14:29
Famory TOURE is currently offline Famory TOUREFriend
Hi,

I have connected a Kura Gateway to a Kapua server 0.3.3 hosted on Internet, using an LTE modem, whatever operator. The Kura Gateway appears in Device, but when I try to execute a command like "ls -t 100 /var/log/kura.log" from Kapua, I have the following error:
"File upload failed:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.eclipse.kapua.service.device.call.kura.exception.KuraMqttDeviceCallException: Error: "
The data are also published correctly in Kapua.

I didn't have the problem on a Kapua 0.3.2 version on Intranet, except when there was a router between Kura and Kapua.

What can cause this error?

Regards,

ftoure
 Topic: swagger data url
swagger data url [message #1782148] Mon, 19 February 2018 14:06
chandhu dangudubiyyam is currently offline chandhu dangudubiyyamFriend
hi,

i want to pull continuously from kura using swagger data url. but there is offset limit in data url. how can i pull data from kura conitnuously. plese any help in this context.

data url : "http://localhost:8081/v1/HCmppp-ZeuY/data/messages?offset=0&limit=9999";

thanks,
chandhu
Forum: ServerTools (WTP)
 Topic: Support for Webapps v 4.0
Support for Webapps v 4.0 [message #1782279] Wed, 21 February 2018 09:04
Christian Bachmaier is currently offline Christian BachmaierFriend
Will there be support for WebApps 4.0, i.e,, with <web-app version="4.0" ... in web.xml in Eclipse 4.7.3 for the Tomcat 9 adapter? Unfortunately, the respective bug entry https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=529156 contains no new information.
@Larry Isaacs: Maybe you could have a look on that?

This is kind a show stopper: My students cannot start the provided demo application as a war-File. Unfortunately, they often switch to IntelliJ then.

Thanks, Chris
 Topic: Setting breakpoints in Javascript editor does not work as expected
Setting breakpoints in Javascript editor does not work as expected [message #1782257] Wed, 21 February 2018 03:12
Dhanya Pradeep is currently offline Dhanya PradeepFriend
Hi,

We have an application which provides scripting support using the mozilla Rhino javascript engine. We also have a framework that provides APIs to the script that helps the script to interact with the internals of our tool. Recently we provided a feature to enable debugging of the javascripts developed for the tool using eclipse and the debug support provided by the JSDT Debug framework.
We see two problems and would like to know whether someone can help us

1. Sometimes the breakpoints do not get set at the place that we intend to. For eg: If I want to set a breakpoint at line no 10, it gets set at 11, sometimes 15 etc.
2. Even if I set a breakpoint, they are not hit at the right places when we run the script.
3. It is also noted that with small scripts we do not face much problem, as the length of the script increases we see more and more problems.

We are using Eclipse 4.2 Juno version.
It is also to be noted that the since the script is embedded into our java application users are free to use both java and javascript syntaxes.
I'm not sure whether the commands are causing any problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhanya
Forum: WindowBuilder
 Topic: Error in Designer using Observable Collections
Error in Designer using Observable Collections [message #1782058] Fri, 16 February 2018 15:29
Dennis Erlach is currently offline Dennis ErlachFriend
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an error with the Window Editor Designer.

Environment
Environments which I have tested are as follows:
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers Versions
  • Oxygen(4.7.0)
  • Oxygen(4.7.2)
  • Neon(4.6.1)

JDK Versions
  • 1.8.0_102
  • 1.8.0_162

Window Builder Versions
Integrated

Operating System
  • Windows 10
  • Mac OS X (Sierra)

Error Description
The error occurs if I use a Class in my Dialog or Part which inherits ObservableList.
For example a WritableList.
I do not need to do anything with the WritableList.
The error occurs even if a WritableList is only declared in the Class-File.
private WritableList list;

Opening the Designer gives me the following Error:

Designer [1.9.1.201710100405.201802161553]: Expecting a stackmap frame at branch target 8
Exception Details:
    org/eclipse/core/databinding/observable/list/ObservableList.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/core/databinding/observable/Realm;Ljava/util/List;Ljava/lang/Object;)V @1: ifnonnull
  Reason:
    Expected stackmap frame at this location.
  Bytecode:
    0x0000000: 2cc7 0007 b200 284d 2a2b b700 2b2a 03b5
    0x0000010: 002d 2a2c b500 2f2a 2db5 0031 b1

StackTrace
Exception Details:
    org/eclipse/core/databinding/observable/list/ObservableList.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/core/databinding/observable/Realm;Ljava/util/List;Ljava/lang/Object;)V @1: ifnonnull
  Reason:
  Bytecode:

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2902)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1615)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods(Introspector.java:1336)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo(Introspector.java:1197)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:426)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:173)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:260)
	at java.beans.Introspector.<init>(Introspector.java:407)
	at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.bindables.BeanSupport.getPropertyDescriptors(BeanSupport.java:366)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.bindables.BeanSupport.getProperties(BeanSupport.java:133)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.bindables.BeanBindableInfo.getProperties(BeanBindableInfo.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.bindables.FieldBeanBindableInfo.<init>(FieldBeanBindableInfo.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.bindables.FieldBeanBindableInfo.<init>(FieldBeanBindableInfo.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.model.beans.BeansObserveTypeContainer.createObservables(BeansObserveTypeContainer.java:379)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.parser.DatabindingParser.<init>(DatabindingParser.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.parser.DatabindingParser.parse(DatabindingParser.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.databinding.JFaceDatabindingsFactory.createProvider(JFaceDatabindingsFactory.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.databinding.parser.DatabindingRootProcessor.process(DatabindingRootProcessor.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.callRootProcessors(JavaInfoParser.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.getRoot(JavaInfoParser.java:415)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parseRootMethods(JavaInfoParser.java:322)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.access$9(JavaInfoParser.java:238)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:534)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.access$9(DesignPage.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8$1.run(DesignPage.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:144)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4871)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8.run(DesignPage.java:446)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:437)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:483)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:465)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:415)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.activate(UndoManager.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState_True(DesignPage.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState(DesignPage.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode.showPage(DefaultMultiMode.java:125)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode$1.widgetSelected(DefaultMultiMode.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3187)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1870)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.lambda$0(CTabFolder.java:328)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1502)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1525)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1510)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1314)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4082)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3699)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

Consequences and Following Errors
The Designer does not crash.
It opens the Designer an it works fine.

The real problem starts when I create a Dialog wich extends a Dialog that generates this error.
Then the Designer won't show up.
It just generates the following error:
Exception during 'super' constructor evaluation
An exception happened during evaluation of constructor ExtendedTitleAreaDialog(Shell,String,String) using arguments {Shell {},ExtendedTitle,ExtendedInfo}.
java.lang.VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame at branch target 8
Exception Details:
  Reason:
  Bytecode:

Steps to reproduce
The Error is very easy to reproduce.
Just create a TitleAreaDialog and declare a WritableList.
For example:
public class TestDialog extends TitleAreaDialog {

private ObservableList list;

Then open the File in Window Builder Designer.
In the Error Log/Workspace Log you will see the Error.

Solutions?
I have not found any way to solve this problem.
As you can see i have tried with different Environments (Eclipse Versions, JDK Versions, OS)
Any help would be appreciated.
Forum: Plugin Development Environment (PDE)
 Topic: How to refresh view after desired getting value from addSelectionListener method
How to refresh view after desired getting value from addSelectionListener method [message #1782250] Tue, 20 February 2018 21:54
luft  swift is currently offline luft swiftFriend
I have a plugin that has 2 parts and one view. Both parts use parent composite of the same view. The 2 parts of the plugin are the following:
1) A File Browser . That uses addSelectionListener and FileDialog to open the file and select a file.
2) A JFreeChart that is drawn based on the value of selected from the file browser.

Now i want to update the Jfree chart with respect to selected file with file browser dynamically. How can i connect between this 2 parts. Please be informed that both part works individually and technically well. The concern is to make them connected and worked. Should i use commands and handler? If so, how to do it? I am confused about implementing them. Suggest ways to implement this plugin.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the issue. Thanks for the help
 Topic: PDE Build - conflicting dependency message with no details
PDE Build - conflicting dependency message with no details [message #1782053] Fri, 16 February 2018 13:54
John Dallaway is currently offline John DallawayFriend
I am attempting to use PDE Build to generate a trivial product containing Eclipse Platform 4.7.0 (Oxygen) and its dependencies only. I can launch the product correctly from the Product Configuration Editor but observe the following error when I attempt to export:
Quote:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.pde.core 4 0 2018-02-16 12:37:37.764
!MESSAGE Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.pde.core 4 0 2018-02-16 12:37:37.764
!MESSAGE Software being installed: Test Product 1.0.0 (test.product 1.0.0)
!MESSAGE Only one of the following can be installed at once:
!MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:
!MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:

I would expect to see details of the conflict, but the details are missing. I have used PDE Build similarly with previous Eclipse release trains (including Neon) without issue. This is proving difficult to debug.

• Has anyone else observed similar messages with missing details?
  • Is there a way to increase the verbosity of PDE Build messages?

In case it is significant, my product features (all from download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.7/) are as follows:
Quote:

test.feature
org.eclipse.emf.core
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui
org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.httpclient4.feature
org.eclipse.help
org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.httpclient4.ssl.feature
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.extras.feature
org.eclipse.rcp
org.eclipse.emf.common
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.feature
org.eclipse.ecf.core.feature
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.rcp.feature
org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.feature
org.eclipse.ecf.core.ssl.feature
org.eclipse.platform
org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.ssl.feature
org.eclipse.e4.rcp

It was also necessary to add the org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent plugin to the product feature.
Forum: Eclipse 4
 Topic: E4 Product Mulitple Platform Issue
E4 Product Mulitple Platform Issue [message #1782248] Tue, 20 February 2018 21:32
Chris Obremski is currently offline Chris ObremskiFriend
I developed an E4 RCP application under Linux, and now trying to create a cross-platform product to work on Win32 x86_64 platform.

I followed the directions for building at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Building#Cross-platform_build using the "Preferred way of doing multi-platform builds" directions.

Everytime I try to create the product for win32, I receive the following error error message:

Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.551.v20171108-1834. Please check the error log for more details.

Eclipse Version: 4.7.2 (Oxygen)

I am probably missing some configuration or extra setting, but I am not sure what that maybe or how to accomplish my object.

I am hoping someone can provide some insight/suggestions/instructions that will allow me to create a cross-platform product.

Thanks.
 Topic: Installation history
Installation history [message #1782071] Fri, 16 February 2018 17:48
Jack McGillis is currently offline Jack McGillisFriend
I need to find out where Oxygen stores the content for "Installation History".
Forum: EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)
 Topic: EMF Forms Widget Disposed Exception
EMF Forms Widget Disposed Exception [message #1782227] Tue, 20 February 2018 18:44
Pierre Allard is currently offline Pierre AllardFriend
I am using EMFForms to get a composite populated with the details of an EObject selected in another widget, The basic sequence is the following:

1. In widgetA, an EObject (EObject1) is selected.
2. Widget widgetB, which contains the EMFForm generate details, receives the selection.
3. The controls in widgetB are disposed.
4. A VView (viewModel) is created for eObject1;
5. ECPSWTViewRenderer.INSTANCE.render(widgetB, eObject1, viewModel) is called.
6. Up to that point, all is good.
7. A new eObject (eObject2) is selected in widgetA.
8. Steps 2 to 5 are repeated for eObject2.
9 . At that point, an attribute changes in eObject1 (which no longer displayed) starte chnaging periodically (it is driven from a Job) . I then start to continuously get :

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Widget is disposed)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4533)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4536)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4154)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at ca.gc.asc_csa.apogy.rcp.Application.start(Application.java:20)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Widget is disposed
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4533)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4419)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:483)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.checkWidget(Widget.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.layout(Composite.java:962)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.core.swt.renderer.LinkControlSWTRenderer$9$1.run(LinkControlSWTRenderer.java:420)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.doPendingWork(UILockListener.java:162)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer$3.run(UISynchronizer.java:154)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
... 24 more

I believe the problem is the dispose done in step 3. It seems that the listeners that are created by EMFForms are not unregistered and keep trying to update the widgets.

What is the correct way of disposing of an EMFForm generated composite content to prevent this from happening ?

Thanks !
Forum: Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT)
 Topic: ExpandItem
ExpandItem [message #1782202] Tue, 20 February 2018 11:55
Julia Kurde is currently offline Julia KurdeFriend
Hello,

I have the following snipped with a GridLayout and two Composites, an upper one and a lower one. The lower one is an ExpandBar with one Item. When the Item is collapsed, the parent should layout so that the available vertical space is grabbed by the upper composite. Correspondingly, when the the Item is expanded, it should get the space it needs.
package probieren.julia.layout;
import org.eclipse.swt.SWT;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.GridData;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.GridLayout;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Event;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ExpandBar;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ExpandItem;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Listener;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;

public class MyLayoutExpandBar {
	public static void main (String [] args) {
		final Display display = new Display ();
		Shell shell = new Shell (display);
		shell.setLayout (new FillLayout());

final Composite parent = new Composite (shell, SWT.BORDER);
		parent.setLayout(new GridLayout());

Composite comp = new Composite(parent, SWT.BORDER);
		comp.setLayoutData(new GridData(SWT.FILL, SWT.FILL, true, true));

ExpandBar expandBar = new ExpandBar (parent, SWT.V_SCROLL);
		expandBar.setLayoutData(new GridData(SWT.FILL, SWT.END, true, false));

ExpandItem item = new ExpandItem (expandBar, SWT.NONE);
		item.setText("Expand Item");
		item.setHeight(200);
		item.setExpanded(true);

/* Listener */
		expandBar.addListener(SWT.Expand, new Listener() {

@Override
			public void handleEvent(Event event) {
				display.asyncExec(new Runnable() {

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});
		expandBar.addListener(SWT.Collapse, new Listener() {

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});
		shell.setText("Shell");
		shell.setSize(300, 300);
		shell.open ();

while (!shell.isDisposed ()) {
			if (!display.readAndDispatch ())
				display.sleep ();
		}
		display.dispose ();
	}
}

On Windows the snipped works, but on Linux (in my case Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) the size of the ExpandBar after a Collaps/Expand event is not yet updated when parent.layout() is called. So the hight of the ExpandBar is small when it is expanded and large when it is collapsed (just opposite as it should!).
After the parent is resized, e.g. by resizing the shell, the layout appears correctly.

Does anyone know, how to make this work correctly?
Thanks,
Julia
ExpandItem [message #1782194] Tue, 20 February 2018 11:04
Hello,

I have the following snipped with a GridLayout and two Composites, an upper one and a lower one. The lower one is an ExpandBar with one Item. When the Item is collapsed, the parent should layout so that the available vertical space is grabbed by the upper composite. Correspondingly, when the the Item is expanded, it should get the space it needs.

item.setHeight(200);
		item.setExpanded(true);

/* Listener */

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});
		shell.setText("Shell");
		shell.setSize(300, 300);
		shell.open ();

display.sleep ();
		}
		display.dispose ();
	}
}

On Windows the snipped works, but on Linux (in my case Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) the size of the ExpandBar after a Collaps/Expand event is not yet updated when parent.layout() is called. So the hight of the ExpandBar is small when it is expanded and large when it is collapsed (just opposite as it should!).
After the parent is resized, e.g. by resizing the shell, the layout appears correctly.

Thanks,
Julia
ExpandItem [message #1782193] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:57
Hello,

item.setHeight(200);
		item.setExpanded(true);

/* Listener */

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});
		shell.setText("Shell");
		shell.setSize(300, 300);
		shell.open ();

display.sleep ();
		}
		display.dispose ();
	}
}

Thanks,
Julia
ExpandItem [message #1782191] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:48
Hello,

item.setHeight(200);
		item.setExpanded(true);

/* Listener */

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});

@Override

@Override
					public void run() {
						parent.layout();
					}
				});
			}
		});
		shell.setText("Shell");
		shell.setSize(300, 300);
		shell.open ();

display.sleep ();
		}
		display.dispose ();
	}
}

Thanks,
Julia
Forum: Memory Analyzer
 Topic: Can't use MAT on Mac High Sierra
Can't use MAT on Mac High Sierra [message #1782179] Tue, 20 February 2018 08:52
Michail Kulaga is currently offline Michail KulagaFriend
Hi,
When I'm trying to using Mat on High Sierra it gives me an error message about some errors in logs

An error there looks like this

Quote:

!SESSION 2018-02-20 11:43:44.702 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=9.0.4
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/mishgun/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/mishgun/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-02-20 11:43:48.671
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: /private/var/folders/x0/tvx0b8497cn053qvccg69jhc0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/920810B9-2C83-49D2-949A-FB4AFDAA82B2/d/mat.app/Contents/MacOS/workspace/.metadata. By default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.assertLocationInitialized(DataArea.java:61)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.getStateLocation(DataArea.java:129)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.getBaseLocation(InstancePreferences.java:44)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.initializeChildren(InstancePreferences.java:199)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.<init>(InstancePreferences.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.internalCreate(InstancePreferences.java:209)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:391)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:379)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.createNode(PreferencesService.java:389)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getChild(RootPreferences.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getNode(RootPreferences.java:101)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.node(RootPreferences.java:90)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.AbstractScope.getNode(AbstractScope.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.preferences.InstanceScope.getNode(InstanceScope.java:80)
at org.eclipse.ui.preferences.ScopedPreferenceStore.getStorePreferences(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:229)
at org.eclipse.ui.preferences.ScopedPreferenceStore.<init>(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin.getPreferenceStore(AbstractUIPlugin.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:620)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:337)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:606)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.mat.ui.rcp.Application.start(Application.java:26)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)

Tried to specify -data parameter in MemoryAnalyzer.ini - getting the same log.

What can cause this problem?

P.S. Tried to use older versions of MAT - getting the same error.
Forum: ATL
 Topic: Example TCS for OWL to RDF/XML serialization
Example TCS for OWL to RDF/XML serialization [message #1782151] Mon, 19 February 2018 15:00
Marcel Olij is currently offline Marcel OlijFriend
Hi,

I want to transform UML2.5 to OWL2.

I found an old example ( UML2 to OWL1 ) but I can't figure out the xml serialization.

Can someone point me to an example please??

Thanks,

Best Regards,

M.
Forum: Equinox
 Topic: How to build Vega on Windows [open source]
How to build Vega on Windows [open source] [message #1782187] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:12
ahihi do ngoc is currently offline ahihi do ngocFriend
Hi, I'm a beginner in Java. Now I have a project source code is VEGA.
I want to build and edit in java but I can't. I'm trying it with this help https://github.com/subgraph/Vega/wiki/Building-Vega.
Can you help me, please. Thank you very much.
(The image is my code but error everywhere !!! :( :( :( )
  • Attachment: ahihi.png
    (Size: 97.49KB, Downloaded 3 times)

Current Time: Fri Feb 23 02:16:21 GMT 2018