|release dates for the Mylyn 3.0 cycle [message #29105]
||Tue, 18 September 2007 19:57
Originally posted by: beatmik.acm.org|
(repost from mylyn-dev and mylyn-integrators mailing lists)
The draft Mylyn 3.0 cycle release dates are now listed at:
The Theme parts of the plan are in flux so please ignore those. These
release dates satisfy the following constraints:
* Encourage users to adopt new releases more frequently by having 4 GAs
in the year, not 1.
* Follow the Ganymede release train on the +1 cycle.
* Simultaneously support Eclipse 3.3.x and 3.4 milestones, maintaining
separate streams but the same API to continue to insulate integrators
from Platform streams.
* Provide GA releases for the two Europa Maintenance releases without
maintaining separate Europa and Ganymede streams, to avoid the burden of
maintaining 2x2 streams.
Implications and changes:
* Releases will go out on Wednesdays evenings following the Friday
Platform Milestone release.
* Every Wednesday we will have an Integration build, previously called
dev builds (i.e. 1 day after the Platform I-build)
* The 2.xM releases don't have corresponding RCs. We could consider
declaring an RC the Friday before the 2.x releases. But calling the
Milestone builds RCs would be too weird because there are bound to be
significant changes between them and the 2.x releases.
* 2.3M and 2.3 are closer than the others due to Europa Winter
Maintenance and EclipseCon timing.
Please post any comments, questions or suggestions either here or on the
200628: plan Mylyn 3.0 release cycle
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02131 seconds