Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » IMP » Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge
Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2441] Tue, 28 August 2007 11:44 Go to next message
Tor Neple is currently offline Tor NepleFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello

First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
prosal).

Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?

Keep up the good work

Regards

Tor Neple
SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2470 is a reply to message #2441] Tue, 28 August 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You may use the update site now:

http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/

you will need to install some dependencies manually.


Tor Neple wrote:
> Hello
>
> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project. Here
> at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between IMP and
> EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project prosal).
>
> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>
> Keep up the good work
>
> Regards
>
> Tor Neple
> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2500 is a reply to message #2470] Tue, 28 August 2007 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:

IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
compatible.
IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
(2.0.6)", or compatible.
LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
compatible.
X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
(2.0.6)", or compatible.

The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?


Ali wrote:
> You may use the update site now:
>
> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>
>
> Tor Neple wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>> prosal).
>>
>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>
>> Keep up the good work
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tor Neple
>> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2530 is a reply to message #2500] Tue, 28 August 2007 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Actually, the update site includes just a bunch of features, no plugins.
I do not know what is going on with the cvs.

Ali wrote:
> using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:
>
> IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
> compatible.
> IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
> LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
> compatible.
> X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>
> The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
> 2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?
>
>
> Ali wrote:
>> You may use the update site now:
>>
>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>
>>
>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>>> prosal).
>>>
>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Keep up the good work
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tor Neple
>>> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2558 is a reply to message #2441] Tue, 28 August 2007 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tor Neple wrote:
> Hello
>
> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project. Here
> at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between IMP and
> EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project prosal).

That's great! Glad to have you aboard! Can you say a bit more about
your interest?

> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?

It's not just you - we submitted our repository snapshot last Friday,
and are waiting for the SourceForge admins to import it.

> Keep up the good work
>
> Regards
>
> Tor Neple
> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob Fuhrer
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2614 is a reply to message #2470] Tue, 28 August 2007 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> You may use the update site now:
>
> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> you will need to install some dependencies manually.

Hi,

First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
pages and moving them into place on sf.net.

You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
respective update sites:

http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/

and

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/

LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.

> Tor Neple wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>> prosal).
>>
>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>
>> Keep up the good work
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tor Neple
>> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2643 is a reply to message #2530] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> Actually, the update site includes just a bunch of features, no plugins.
> I do not know what is going on with the cvs.

The IMP plugins should all be accessible from the update site,
not only the features. We've successfully updated our Eclipse
installations from there. If you're having problems with this,
can you post more details to help in the diagnosis?

> Ali wrote:
>> using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:
>>
>> IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
>> compatible.
>> IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
>> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>> LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
>> compatible.
>> X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
>> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>>
>> The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
>> 2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?

Right, the idea is that rather than downloading a distribution for 2.0.6
from the LPG sourceforge site, you install it using the Eclipse Update
Manager from the LPG update site at the following location:

http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/

To do this, go into the Eclipse Update Manager via "Help" => "Software
Updates" => "Find and Install" and select "Search for new features to
install". Add a new remote site for LPG using the above URL. Do likewise
for Polyglot, using the following update site URL:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/

Assuming you've already done this for IMP, and assuming you've checked
all 3 update sites in the "Install" dialog, the Update Manager should
find all the necessary features and prerequisites.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you still have problems.

>> Ali wrote:
>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>
>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>
>>>
>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>> Hello
>>>>
>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>
>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>
>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>> Tor Neple
>>>> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2672 is a reply to message #2614] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes features,
no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do not see any
wizards for creating an IMP project.


Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
> Ali wrote:
>> You may use the update site now:
>>
>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>
> Hi,
>
> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>
> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
> respective update sites:
>
> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> and
>
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>
> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>
>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>>> prosal).
>>>
>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Keep up the good work
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tor Neple
>>> SINTEF ICT
>
> Cheers,
> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #2700 is a reply to message #2672] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:

org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62


The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found they
are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.



Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes features,
> no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do not see any
> wizards for creating an IMP project.
>
>
> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>> Ali wrote:
>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>
>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>
>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>> respective update sites:
>>
>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>
>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>
>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>> Hello
>>>>
>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>
>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>
>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>> Tor Neple
>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #4050 is a reply to message #2700] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

Please ignore the last 2 posts -- the plugins do get installed as well.
It's just that I did not expect to start from creating an X10 project.

After installation, whenever eclipse starts I get an error like this:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jdt.ui".

Also, after creating an X10 project I get multiple internal errors.
However, things seems to be stable enough for a preview -- I'm going to
have some fun with this now.

Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:
>
> org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62
>
>
> The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found they
> are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.
>
>
>
> Ali wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes
>> features, no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do
>> not see any wizards for creating an IMP project.
>>
>>
>> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>>> Ali wrote:
>>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>>
>>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>
>>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>>
>>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>>> respective update sites:
>>>
>>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>>
>>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>>
>>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>>> Hello
>>>>>
>>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>>
>>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>>
>>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>>
>>>>> Tor Neple
>>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #4121 is a reply to message #4050] Wed, 29 August 2007 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Please ignore the last 2 posts -- the plugins do get installed as well.
> It's just that I did not expect to start from creating an X10 project.

You don't need to create X10 projects - that's an example IDE, and you'd
only use it to either play with the X10 programming language or to see
a nascent IDE built using IMP.

There should be a new "IDE Building" perspective; when that's active,
IMP wizards should appear in the "New..." menu. Even if they don't show
up for some reason, you should find the wizards in the "New..." =>
"Other..." menu.

> After installation, whenever eclipse starts I get an error like this:
>
> Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jdt.ui".

This is a known bug in the X10DT; there appears to be a race condition
that has proven very hard to reproduce.

> Also, after creating an X10 project I get multiple internal errors.
> However, things seems to be stable enough for a preview -- I'm going to
> have some fun with this now.
>
> Ali wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:
>>
>> org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62
>>
>> The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found
>> they are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.
>>
>>
>>
>> Ali wrote:
>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes
>>> features, no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do
>>> not see any wizards for creating an IMP project.
>>>
>>>
>>> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>>>> Ali wrote:
>>>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>>
>>>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>>>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>>>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>>>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>>>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>>>
>>>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>>>> respective update sites:
>>>>
>>>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>
>>>> and
>>>>
>>>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>>>
>>>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>>>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>>>
>>>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>>>> Hello
>>>>>>
>>>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this
>>>>>> project. Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the
>>>>>> connection between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks
>>>>>> believes in the project prosal).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that
>>>>>> the proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS
>>>>>> for eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tor Neple
>>>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #4814 is a reply to message #2558] Fri, 31 August 2007 06:57 Go to previous message
Tor Neple is currently offline Tor NepleFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:

> That's great! Glad to have you aboard! Can you say a bit more about
> your interest?
One of our main fields of research is language engineering in the
context of model driven engineering. Thus we are looking at ways to
create languages (DSLs if you want), and tools supporting these, in
efficient ways. We (as Ed) believe that EMF is suitable for creating an
abstract syntax for DSLs. GMF is good for creating a graphical concrete
syntax and tooling. My hopes would be that IMP could be a great tool for
creating concrete textual syntaxes and supporting tools.

SINTEF also is responsible for the MOFScript tool (part of the Eclipse
GMT project). This tool has a textual language (with supporting editor
with code completion etc) that we "translate" into a EMF model before
transformation execution. On a conceptual level one could say that IMP
could be used to create parts of the frontend for the MOFScript tool.

So; ideally we would like to see a feature in IMP that, in edition to
creating editors etc, would aid in the mapping between a textual
notation and an EMF model.

In general we are interested in IMP as users, thus we should be able
(after having looked at this initial release) to come up with some
feature requests ;-)

Regards

Tor
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565847 is a reply to message #2441] Tue, 28 August 2007 14:53 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You may use the update site now:

http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/

you will need to install some dependencies manually.


Tor Neple wrote:
> Hello
>
> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project. Here
> at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between IMP and
> EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project prosal).
>
> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>
> Keep up the good work
>
> Regards
>
> Tor Neple
> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565866 is a reply to message #2470] Tue, 28 August 2007 15:04 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:

IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
compatible.
IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
(2.0.6)", or compatible.
LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
compatible.
X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
(2.0.6)", or compatible.

The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?


Ali wrote:
> You may use the update site now:
>
> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>
>
> Tor Neple wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>> prosal).
>>
>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>
>> Keep up the good work
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tor Neple
>> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565886 is a reply to message #2500] Tue, 28 August 2007 16:34 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Actually, the update site includes just a bunch of features, no plugins.
I do not know what is going on with the cvs.

Ali wrote:
> using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:
>
> IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
> compatible.
> IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
> LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
> compatible.
> X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>
> The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
> 2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?
>
>
> Ali wrote:
>> You may use the update site now:
>>
>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>
>>
>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>>> prosal).
>>>
>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Keep up the good work
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tor Neple
>>> SINTEF ICT
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565906 is a reply to message #2441] Tue, 28 August 2007 22:50 Go to previous message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tor Neple wrote:
> Hello
>
> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project. Here
> at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between IMP and
> EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project prosal).

That's great! Glad to have you aboard! Can you say a bit more about
your interest?

> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?

It's not just you - we submitted our repository snapshot last Friday,
and are waiting for the SourceForge admins to import it.

> Keep up the good work
>
> Regards
>
> Tor Neple
> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob Fuhrer
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565960 is a reply to message #2470] Tue, 28 August 2007 22:57 Go to previous message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> You may use the update site now:
>
> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> you will need to install some dependencies manually.

Hi,

First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
pages and moving them into place on sf.net.

You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
respective update sites:

http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/

and

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/

LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.

> Tor Neple wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>> prosal).
>>
>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>
>> Keep up the good work
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tor Neple
>> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #565979 is a reply to message #2530] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:06 Go to previous message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> Actually, the update site includes just a bunch of features, no plugins.
> I do not know what is going on with the cvs.

The IMP plugins should all be accessible from the update site,
not only the features. We've successfully updated our Eclipse
installations from there. If you're having problems with this,
can you post more details to help in the diagnosis?

> Ali wrote:
>> using the update site, after installing polyglot, I get this:
>>
>> IMP Runtime (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
>> compatible.
>> IMP Language Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
>> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>> LPG Meta-Tooling (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime (2.0.6)", or
>> compatible.
>> X10 Development Toolkit (3.2.62) requires feature "lpg.runtime
>> (2.0.6)", or compatible.
>>
>> The lpg page on sf.net does have a download for runtime, however its
>> 2.0.1. Moreover, how to install it?

Right, the idea is that rather than downloading a distribution for 2.0.6
from the LPG sourceforge site, you install it using the Eclipse Update
Manager from the LPG update site at the following location:

http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/

To do this, go into the Eclipse Update Manager via "Help" => "Software
Updates" => "Find and Install" and select "Search for new features to
install". Add a new remote site for LPG using the above URL. Do likewise
for Polyglot, using the following update site URL:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/

Assuming you've already done this for IMP, and assuming you've checked
all 3 update sites in the "Install" dialog, the Update Manager should
find all the necessary features and prerequisites.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you still have problems.

>> Ali wrote:
>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>
>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>
>>>
>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>> Hello
>>>>
>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>
>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>
>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>> Tor Neple
>>>> SINTEF ICT

Cheers,
- Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #566009 is a reply to message #2614] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:18 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes features,
no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do not see any
wizards for creating an IMP project.


Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
> Ali wrote:
>> You may use the update site now:
>>
>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>
> Hi,
>
> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>
> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
> respective update sites:
>
> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>
> and
>
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>
> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>
>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection between
>>> IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in the project
>>> prosal).
>>>
>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Keep up the good work
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tor Neple
>>> SINTEF ICT
>
> Cheers,
> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #566031 is a reply to message #2672] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:21 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:

org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62

org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62


The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found they
are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.



Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes features,
> no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do not see any
> wizards for creating an IMP project.
>
>
> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>> Ali wrote:
>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>
>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>
>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>> respective update sites:
>>
>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>
>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>
>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>> Hello
>>>>
>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>
>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>
>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>> Tor Neple
>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #566050 is a reply to message #2700] Tue, 28 August 2007 23:55 Go to previous message
Auerliano is currently offline AuerlianoFriend
Messages: 149
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bob,

Please ignore the last 2 posts -- the plugins do get installed as well.
It's just that I did not expect to start from creating an X10 project.

After installation, whenever eclipse starts I get an error like this:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jdt.ui".

Also, after creating an X10 project I get multiple internal errors.
However, things seems to be stable enough for a preview -- I'm going to
have some fun with this now.

Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:
>
> org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62
>
> org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62
>
>
> The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found they
> are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.
>
>
>
> Ali wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes
>> features, no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do
>> not see any wizards for creating an IMP project.
>>
>>
>> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>>> Ali wrote:
>>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>>
>>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>
>>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>>
>>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>>> respective update sites:
>>>
>>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>>
>>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>>
>>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>>> Hello
>>>>>
>>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this project.
>>>>> Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the connection
>>>>> between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks believes in
>>>>> the project prosal).
>>>>>
>>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that the
>>>>> proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS for
>>>>> eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>>
>>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>>
>>>>> Tor Neple
>>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #566069 is a reply to message #4050] Wed, 29 August 2007 13:09 Go to previous message
Robert M. Fuhrer is currently offline Robert M. FuhrerFriend
Messages: 294
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Please ignore the last 2 posts -- the plugins do get installed as well.
> It's just that I did not expect to start from creating an X10 project.

You don't need to create X10 projects - that's an example IDE, and you'd
only use it to either play with the X10 programming language or to see
a nascent IDE built using IMP.

There should be a new "IDE Building" perspective; when that's active,
IMP wizards should appear in the "New..." menu. Even if they don't show
up for some reason, you should find the wizards in the "New..." =>
"Other..." menu.

> After installation, whenever eclipse starts I get an error like this:
>
> Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jdt.ui".

This is a known bug in the X10DT; there appears to be a race condition
that has proven very hard to reproduce.

> Also, after creating an X10 project I get multiple internal errors.
> However, things seems to be stable enough for a preview -- I'm going to
> have some fun with this now.
>
> Ali wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> I just got your other message. This is what I see on the update site:
>>
>> org.eclipse.imp - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.lpg - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.runtime - 3.2.62
>> org.eclipse.imp.x10dt - 3.2.62
>>
>> The whole jars are less than 100kb, when I extracted them, I found
>> they are all features pointing to non-existing plugins.
>>
>>
>>
>> Ali wrote:
>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> Thanks, it worked. However, the IMP update site only includes
>>> features, no plugins are provided. After installing everything, I do
>>> not see any wizards for creating an IMP project.
>>>
>>>
>>> Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
>>>> Ali wrote:
>>>>> You may use the update site now:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>>
>>>>> you will need to install some dependencies manually.
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> First, apologies that we don't have the installation instructions
>>>> in place yet (we just got the update site materials up a couple of
>>>> days ago). We expect to have the web site populated in a couple of
>>>> days or so - it's really just a matter of updating some internal web
>>>> pages and moving them into place on sf.net.
>>>>
>>>> You will need to install LPG and Polyglot plugins from their
>>>> respective update sites:
>>>>
>>>> http://lpg.sourceforge.net/updates/
>>>>
>>>> and
>>>>
>>>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Projects/polyglot/eclipseUpdates/
>>>>
>>>> LPG version 2.0.6 is on the LPG update site; the latest Polyglot
>>>> plugin as of this writing is 2.2.3, but I believe 2.2.2 works too.
>>>>
>>>>> Tor Neple wrote:
>>>>>> Hello
>>>>>>
>>>>>> First of all I would like to register my interest for this
>>>>>> project. Here at SINTEF we are especially interested in the
>>>>>> connection between IMP and EMF (along the lines of what Ed Merks
>>>>>> believes in the project prosal).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Secondly, I was eager to get my hands on the initial code, that
>>>>>> the proposal states is available at Sourceforge. However the CVS
>>>>>> for eclipse-imp seems empty. Is it just me?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Keep up the good work
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tor Neple
>>>>>> SINTEF ICT
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> - Bob
Re: Eclipse IMP on Sourceforge [message #566296 is a reply to message #2558] Fri, 31 August 2007 06:57 Go to previous message
Tor Neple is currently offline Tor NepleFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:

> That's great! Glad to have you aboard! Can you say a bit more about
> your interest?
One of our main fields of research is language engineering in the
context of model driven engineering. Thus we are looking at ways to
create languages (DSLs if you want), and tools supporting these, in
efficient ways. We (as Ed) believe that EMF is suitable for creating an
abstract syntax for DSLs. GMF is good for creating a graphical concrete
syntax and tooling. My hopes would be that IMP could be a great tool for
creating concrete textual syntaxes and supporting tools.

SINTEF also is responsible for the MOFScript tool (part of the Eclipse
GMT project). This tool has a textual language (with supporting editor
with code completion etc) that we "translate" into a EMF model before
transformation execution. On a conceptual level one could say that IMP
could be used to create parts of the frontend for the MOFScript tool.

So; ideally we would like to see a feature in IMP that, in edition to
creating editors etc, would aid in the mapping between a textual
notation and an EMF model.

In general we are interested in IMP as users, thus we should be able
(after having looked at this initial release) to come up with some
feature requests ;-)

Regards

Tor
Previous Topic:IMP web site up at http://eclipse-imp.sf.net/
Next Topic:Problems compiling .g file
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 15:22:54 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03082 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software