Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils
Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #28495] Tue, 16 June 2009 17:12 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ddd.asd.com

I have installed maven for eclipse on vista. When I try to look for
org.apache.commons.lang in the maven reposiroty I get no hits. Any ideas on
how to find this module in the remote repository?
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #28899 is a reply to message #28495] Tue, 16 June 2009 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ddd.asd.com

"mlt" <ddd@asd.com> wrote in message news:h18jpt$ang$1@build.eclipse.org...
>I have installed maven for eclipse on vista. When I try to look for
>org.apache.commons.lang in the maven reposiroty I get no hits. Any ideas on
>how to find this module in the remote repository?

What I am looking for is this:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/commons-lang/commons-lang

But maybe its only possible to download the jar files manually and then
install them to the local repository?
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #28937 is a reply to message #28899] Tue, 16 June 2009 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves Schumann is currently offline Yves Schumann
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello

mlt schrieb:
> What I am looking for is this:
>
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/commons-lang/commons-lang

As you can see on this link, you must enter "commons-lang" for both
Group- and Artifact-ID, not as written on your first posting
"org.apache.commons.lang". And of course the correct verion. Does this
helps? How about other dependencies? Are they resolved and downloaded?


MfG
Yves
--
"Die Fähigkeit zu sprechen macht Dich noch nicht intelligent!" --
Qui-Gon Jinn, StarWars Episode I
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #28975 is a reply to message #28937] Tue, 16 June 2009 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ddd.asd.com

"Yves Schumann" <starwarsfan@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
news:h18m5g$5n0$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello
>
> mlt schrieb:
>> What I am looking for is this:
>>
>> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/commons-lang/commons-lang
>
> As you can see on this link, you must enter "commons-lang" for both
> Group- and Artifact-ID, not as written on your first posting
> "org.apache.commons.lang". And of course the correct verion. Does this
> helps? How about other dependencies? Are they resolved and downloaded?
>
>
> MfG
> Yves
> --
> "Die Fähigkeit zu sprechen macht Dich noch nicht intelligent!" --
> Qui-Gon Jinn, StarWars Episode I


I am not sure I understand. When I choose "Add dependecy" and type:

org.apache.commons.la

in the search box I just get: Results for 'org.apache.commons.la' (0) which
as I understand means that its not found in the
repository.
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #29049 is a reply to message #28975] Tue, 16 June 2009 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves Schumann is currently offline Yves Schumann
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello

mlt schrieb:
> I am not sure I understand. When I choose "Add dependecy" and type:
>
> org.apache.commons.la
>
> in the search box I just get: Results for 'org.apache.commons.la' (0)
> which as I understand means that its not found in the
> repository.

That's right. And just as I said: You have to use "commons-lang" instead
of "org.apache.commons.lang". I've veryfied this some seconds ago and it
worked perfect! Just type "commons-lang" in the dialog and you will see
what you expect. :-)



--
MfG
Yves
[eisfair-team]

"Die Fähigkeit zu sprechen macht Dich noch nicht intelligent!" --
Qui-Gon Jinn, StarWars Episode I
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #29085 is a reply to message #29049] Tue, 16 June 2009 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ddd.asd.com

"Yves Schumann" <starwarsfan@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
news:h18n1o$csv$2@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello
>
> mlt schrieb:
>> I am not sure I understand. When I choose "Add dependecy" and type:
>>
>> org.apache.commons.la
>>
>> in the search box I just get: Results for 'org.apache.commons.la' (0)
>> which as I understand means that its not found in the
>> repository.
>
> That's right. And just as I said: You have to use "commons-lang" instead
> of "org.apache.commons.lang". I've veryfied this some seconds ago and it
> worked perfect! Just type "commons-lang" in the dialog and you will see
> what you expect. :-)
>
>
>
> --
> MfG
> Yves
> [eisfair-team]
>
> "Die Fähigkeit zu sprechen macht Dich noch nicht intelligent!" --
> Qui-Gon Jinn, StarWars Episode I

Ah thanks my bad :-) But even though I have just added that package
(commons-lang : 2.4) to my pom.xml I still get an error when I try to
include:

org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils;

Do you by chance know if this is located in some other commons package?
Re: Can't find org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils [message #29117 is a reply to message #29085] Tue, 16 June 2009 18:24 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ddd.asd.com

Nevermind, its working now!
Previous Topic:0.9.9 - Where are the missing tabs on pom editor?
Next Topic:Maven plug-in for Eclipse 3.0
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 30 16:10:26 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03924 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software