Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Java WorkFlow Tooling (JWT) » Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR
Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #28061] Fri, 08 May 2009 12:16 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hello

I'm want to use Bonita as workflow runtime. In the screen cast
http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/press/eclipsecon09/EclipseCon09Ex ample.swf
there is an export shown "Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR", but in the current
version I downloaded through
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/jwt/stable-update-sit e/ I don't
have this option.

Is the screen cast out of date or ahead of date :-) ?
Are there any requirements on the workflow for a BAR export?


Another question, is or will there be a JWT runtime?
I can't find any documentation nor a download for it, even though there is
a empty wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Runtime

greets and thanks in advance
flavio


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #28098 is a reply to message #28061] Mon, 11 May 2009 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Lautenbacher is currently offline Florian LautenbacherFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Flavio,

the export to Bonita BAR is not contributed to Eclipse yet. As there are
some licensing issues between EPL and LGPL, it probably never will. As you
maybe have also seen on the presentation of Eclipse Forum [1], the support
for Bonita 4 is maintained in the OW2-project Scarbo [2]. There you can
find all the plugins and some further documentation.

> Another question, is or will there be a JWT runtime?
> I can't find any documentation nor a download for it, even though there is
> a empty wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Runtime

JWT aims to support existing runtime environments with generic
implementations and support projects to adapt their runtime to these
frameworks (as we do in Scarbo). So for the moment being there will be no
own process engine, if you mean that. But we are working on a runtime for
executing/simulating/previewing a workflow directly in Eclipse. This will
become the JWT Desktop component, but won't be finished for the Galileo
release.

Best regards,

Florian

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/press/efe09/ExecuteYourProcesses_ EFE09_final.pdf
[2] http://wiki.scarbo.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
Re: Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #28136 is a reply to message #28061] Mon, 11 May 2009 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mickael.istria.openwide.fr

Hello Flavio,

Some more links about Scarbo:
* the "official" website => http://scarbo.ow2.org
* Download area =>
http://forge.ow2.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=342& release_id=3194,
where you can get the modeler as an RCP application (Ganymede + JWT +
Scarbo plugins), and also the runtime platform for Scarbo
* The update-site, if you prefer to install plugins on an existing
Eclipse than using a new application => http://scarbo.ow2.org/update-site/
* Scarbo's forum, where we can discuss more in detail of Scarbo =>
http://forge.ow2.org/forum/?group_id=342

See you soon on Scarbo forum ;)

Regards,
Mickael
Re: Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #28175 is a reply to message #28098] Mon, 11 May 2009 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi Florian

Thanks a lot for the infos. I installed the Scarbo part using the
http://scarbo.ow2.org/update-site/ site, as recommended by Mickael.
Maybe it would be helpful for users if there is a link on the
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Downloads page?

Right now I'm using the Bonita Runtime to manage my workflows in Eclipse.
I would have used your JWT runtime but Bonita does it for now (too bad
it's not OSGi based :-( ).

greets
Flavio

Florian Lautenbacher wrote:

> Hi Flavio,

> the export to Bonita BAR is not contributed to Eclipse yet. As there are
> some licensing issues between EPL and LGPL, it probably never will. As you
> maybe have also seen on the presentation of Eclipse Forum [1], the support
> for Bonita 4 is maintained in the OW2-project Scarbo [2]. There you can
> find all the plugins and some further documentation.

>> Another question, is or will there be a JWT runtime?
>> I can't find any documentation nor a download for it, even though there is
>> a empty wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Runtime

> JWT aims to support existing runtime environments with generic
> implementations and support projects to adapt their runtime to these
> frameworks (as we do in Scarbo). So for the moment being there will be no
> own process engine, if you mean that. But we are working on a runtime for
> executing/simulating/previewing a workflow directly in Eclipse. This will
> become the JWT Desktop component, but won't be finished for the Galileo
> release.

> Best regards,

> Florian

> [1]
> http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/press/efe09/ExecuteYourProcesses_ EFE09_final.pdf
> [2] http://wiki.scarbo.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #28213 is a reply to message #28136] Mon, 11 May 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi Michael

Thanks for all the links! Got the problem solved but ran into new ones.

see: http://forge.ow2.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=6578&foru m_id=1528

greets
Flavio

Mickael Istria wrote:

> Hello Flavio,

> Some more links about Scarbo:
> * the "official" website => http://scarbo.ow2.org
> * Download area =>
> http://forge.ow2.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=342& release_id=3194,
> where you can get the modeler as an RCP application (Ganymede + JWT +
> Scarbo plugins), and also the runtime platform for Scarbo
> * The update-site, if you prefer to install plugins on an existing
> Eclipse than using a new application => http://scarbo.ow2.org/update-site/
> * Scarbo's forum, where we can discuss more in detail of Scarbo =>
> http://forge.ow2.org/forum/?group_id=342

> See you soon on Scarbo forum ;)

> Regards,
> Mickael


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Export JWT to Bonita4 BAR [message #493160 is a reply to message #28213] Fri, 23 October 2009 12:41 Go to previous message
Marc Dutoo is currently offline Marc DutooFriend
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Flavio

Just to say I went back to our successful results at
http://forge.ow2.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=6578&foru m_id=1528 in
bundling Bonita as OSGi, and am quite ashamed that I didn't find the
time to test it yet, though I find it very interesting in the scope of
the future JWT Dekstop toolsuite, in addition to being a non trivial
achievement !

Regards,
Marc


Flavio Donzé a écrit :
> Hi Michael
>
> Thanks for all the links! Got the problem solved but ran into new ones.
>
> see: http://forge.ow2.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=6578&foru m_id=1528
>
> greets
> Flavio
>
> Mickael Istria wrote:
>
>> Hello Flavio,
>
>> Some more links about Scarbo:
>> * the "official" website => http://scarbo.ow2.org
>> * Download area =>
>> http://forge.ow2.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=342& release_id=3194,
>> where you can get the modeler as an RCP application (Ganymede + JWT +
>> Scarbo plugins), and also the runtime platform for Scarbo
>> * The update-site, if you prefer to install plugins on an existing
>> Eclipse than using a new application =>
>> http://scarbo.ow2.org/update-site/
>> * Scarbo's forum, where we can discuss more in detail of Scarbo =>
>> http://forge.ow2.org/forum/?group_id=342
>
>> See you soon on Scarbo forum ;)
>
>> Regards,
>> Mickael
>
>
Previous Topic:Aspect-Oriented Modeling
Next Topic:Where is JWT Desktop?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 25 23:26:28 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01759 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software