Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Skinning & Version info
Skinning & Version info [message #26870] Wed, 18 February 2009 17:58 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Hello all, there are two questions I have.

1) Is it possible to retrieve information of the system's current
skinning? Like various colors and images. I think the user feels
comfortabe when he sees is favorite colors in the application.

2) Is it possible to retrieve the MIDlet-Version value at runtime from
the manifest? I've autmatic build number increments and would like to
display that in my aboutbox without having to adjust it manually each time.

TIA,
Hans
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #26911 is a reply to message #26870] Thu, 19 February 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga Sandin
Messages: 116
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Hans,

I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one you
can use the
javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.getAppProperty(String key) method to
retrieve named properties from the application management software.

Something like this: <yourMidletClass>.getAppProperty("MIDlet-Version")

Cheers,
Diego
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #26951 is a reply to message #26911] Thu, 19 February 2009 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Diego Madruga Sandin wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one
> you can use the javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.getAppProperty(String
> key) method to retrieve named properties from the application management
> software.
>
> Something like this: <yourMidletClass>.getAppProperty("MIDlet-Version")

Thanks Diego,
int's built in and working. About the first question i thougt that it's
probably not possible. So I'll decide which colors the user will see :)

Cheers,
Hans
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #26990 is a reply to message #26911] Thu, 19 February 2009 17:17 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Diego Madruga Sandin schrieb:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one

Under the hood skinning takes place. On my real device the dialog forms
are skinned. But that's most likely a manufacturer dependendent feature
and not part of the j2me standard. But it would be nice anyway.

Hans
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #571392 is a reply to message #26870] Thu, 19 February 2009 08:09 Go to previous message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga Sandin
Messages: 116
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Hans,

I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one you
can use the
javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.getAppProperty(String key) method to
retrieve named properties from the application management software.

Something like this: <yourMidletClass>.getAppProperty("MIDlet-Version")

Cheers,
Diego
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #571420 is a reply to message #26911] Thu, 19 February 2009 13:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Diego Madruga Sandin wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one
> you can use the javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.getAppProperty(String
> key) method to retrieve named properties from the application management
> software.
>
> Something like this: <yourMidletClass>.getAppProperty("MIDlet-Version")

Thanks Diego,
int's built in and working. About the first question i thougt that it's
probably not possible. So I'll decide which colors the user will see :)

Cheers,
Hans
Re: Skinning & Version info [message #571456 is a reply to message #26911] Thu, 19 February 2009 17:17 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: news.s237965939.online.de

Diego Madruga Sandin schrieb:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I don't know how to answer the first question, but for the second one

Under the hood skinning takes place. On my real device the dialog forms
are skinned. But that's most likely a manufacturer dependendent feature
and not part of the j2me standard. But it would be nice anyway.

Hans
Previous Topic:Skinning & Version info
Next Topic:Error loading devices [configuration problem]
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 23 04:03:15 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02378 seconds