Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » New Project Proposal: Titan
New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1403631] Thu, 24 July 2014 17:07 Go to next message
Richard Burcher is currently offline Richard BurcherFriend
Titan provides an Eclipse-based IDE for TTCN-3. The user of the tool can develop test cases, test execution logic and build the executable test suite for one or more platforms.

Though Titan is told to be "a TTCN-3 test tool", in fact it is able to use TTCN-3, ASN.1, XSD and IDL specifications describing the message and signal structures at the tested interfaces. ASN.1 is imported directly, while XSD and IDL are first converted to TTCN-3 and then the generated TTCN-3 modules are used in the projects. In case of XSD the TTCN-3 module is decorated with XML encoding instructions. Titan also supports codec control decorators in TTCN-3 files for binary and textual protocol encodings. Defining the test configurations and the dynamic behaviour of the tests are written in TTCN-3. Functions written in C/C++ can be also be called in the TTCN-3 code.

https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/titan
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1455487 is a reply to message #1403631] Wed, 29 October 2014 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rogier Hofboer is currently offline Rogier HofboerFriend
I am really looking forward to the release of Eclipse Titan.
Since the project is approved now, do you know when any code will be committed to github? Thanks!
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1522968 is a reply to message #1455487] Mon, 22 December 2014 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit VIAUD is currently offline Benoit VIAUDFriend
Hi everybody,

The download section on the Titan project page is empty.
Do you have any idea when it shall be accessible?

Best regards
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1576480 is a reply to message #1522968] Wed, 21 January 2015 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Benoit,

we are working on it,
in a couple of days packages should accessible for download.

Thank you for your undesratnding

Best regards

Elemer
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1576487 is a reply to message #1455487] Wed, 21 January 2015 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rogier,

thank you for your interest,

the code is committed to github, with some exceptions;
in a couple of days I will create a github release and send a communique.

Best regards

Elemer

Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1598993 is a reply to message #1576480] Tue, 03 February 2015 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rogier,

the code has been published in github, see link on the project page.

and binaries for some platforms are also present in the download area.

If you want to receive updates, you may want to subscribe to the titan-dev mailing list.

Best regards

Elemer
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1598995 is a reply to message #1576480] Tue, 03 February 2015 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benoit,

the code has been published in github, see link on the project page.

and binaries for some platforms are also present in the download area.

If you want to receive updates, you may want to subscribe to the titan-dev mailing list.

Best regards

Elemer
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1599115 is a reply to message #1598995] Tue, 03 February 2015 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Camilleri is currently offline Jonathan CamilleriFriend
Is this a forum where I can ask for features e.g. better integration for Android Development and testing?
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1599134 is a reply to message #1599115] Tue, 03 February 2015 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jonathan,

The Eclipse Titan project is about test development/test automation based on TTCN-3 language. (see main project page hxxps://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.titan)
It can be used in any context, Android as well but I suppose some effort will have to be put in that.

This might help you to decide if you are in the right place.

Best regards
Elemer
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1611135 is a reply to message #1599134] Wed, 11 February 2015 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
321ukasz Kotula is currently offline 321ukasz KotulaFriend
I am curious about "Titan Designer". There is a link in document 3/1531-CRL 113 200/5 Uen - INSTALLATION GUIDE but it isn't accessible.

Could You verify it hxxp://ttcn.ericsson.se/download/update_site , or contact ETHLEL.

Best Regards
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1611692 is a reply to message #1611135] Wed, 11 February 2015 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi 321ukasz Kotula,

the link hxxp://ttcn.ericsson.se/download/update_site points to an internal Ericsson site which is not accessible for the following reasons:

Unfortunately when the code of Eclipse plug-ins was verified by the
IP review team it was discovered that they have a dependency of ANTLR v2 , which is considered unacceptable by the Eclipse foundation as apparently there was no source control when writing and releasing the code, so it is deemed of unclear provenance.

This is the reason we did not release yet the code of the Eclipse
plug-ins; we are currently working on migrating from ANTLR v2 to ANTLR
v4;

As soon as this is ready we will release the code and executables.

Please write me an e-mail to elemer.lelik@ericsson.com and we can discuss how you can get a working copy of the plug-ins.

Best regards

Elemer

Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1690825 is a reply to message #1611692] Tue, 31 March 2015 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandre Nader is currently offline Alexandre NaderFriend
Hi Ellmer,

I would like to know if there was an available version of Eclipse TITAN for windows because on the Eclipse Titan download page there is only links to linux downloads.

Thanks
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1695869 is a reply to message #1403631] Tue, 19 May 2015 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Keron is currently offline Adam KeronFriend
I have got many doubts regarding this problem. Is there any way to fix this. Please Help me.

Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1695870 is a reply to message #1403631] Tue, 19 May 2015 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Keron is currently offline Adam KeronFriend
Let me know wheather any one have any suggestion regarding to this. I am new to this group. Please ny one help me to go through
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1695931 is a reply to message #1695870] Wed, 20 May 2015 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Adam,

thank you for your interest;
I assume you refer to Eclipse Titan IDE , and in general Eclipse Titan availability on Windows.

Titan consists of two parts:

-the Java IDE, which is not yet published in open source, we had to rework it due to an unapproved dependency.
However if you wish we can give you an evaluation copy of the binary.
- the core, which is intended to be used on Unix -like platforms; a possible port to Windows exists, but one has to download Cygwin. Due to licensing issues we cannot distribute Cygwin versions, however if one downloads the code from https://github.com/eclipse/titan.core and follows the instructions, one can build a Cygwin version (of course after installing Cygwin on Windows first ).
Please let me know if you encounter problems.

The main project page is at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.titan,

please browse through, it will give you more details and links to further info.

Best regards

Elemer

Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1719933 is a reply to message #1695931] Wed, 13 January 2016 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Skokova is currently offline Barbara SkokovaFriend
I am extremely wanting forward to the discharge of Eclipse Titan.
Since the project is approved currently, does one apprehend once any code are committed to github? Thanks!
Re: New Project Proposal: Titan [message #1720007 is a reply to message #1719933] Wed, 13 January 2016 16:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
The project team has committed code. I recommend that you connect with them via their community forum

http://eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.titan
Previous Topic:Gsoc 2016
Next Topic:New Project Proposal: OMR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:08:50 GMT 2024