Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Parameter help(birt report usin sql query)
Parameter help [message #1402303] Wed, 16 July 2014 20:56 Go to next message
Daniel Hudson is currently offline Daniel HudsonFriend
Hi, I am seeking some assistance with a report. I have the code done in ssms and added the query to the data set in birt. In my query theres a cloumn named createddate and I'm trying to setup report parameters for it date from and date to so I have the option to narrow my search. When I have been doing parameters for more standard columns I've been using 'and where columnname like ? In the Sql data section. Then in the report params I use a % as a wildcard. My question is how do I go about setting the parameters to work properly, I mean how do I write this in the query date from and date to? I have tried several things but I'm lost on this one. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Parameter help [message #1402785 is a reply to message #1402303] Thu, 17 July 2014 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Clark is currently offline Keith ClarkFriend
Daniel,

Create two report Parameters 'StartDate' and 'EndDate'

In your query, use:

"where createddate between ? and ?"

In the dataset, bind the first parameter to StartDate and the second parameter to EndDate.

Hope that gets you on the right track!

Keith
Re: Parameter help [message #1402798 is a reply to message #1402785] Thu, 17 July 2014 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Keith, I'll give it a whirl this aft and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again
Re: Parameter help [message #1403125 is a reply to message #1402785] Mon, 21 July 2014 13:53 Go to previous message
Hi Keith,
I have tried as suggested but the this isn't working properly. I define the Date from/Date to when I go to preview and once the previewed screen appears I notice that the Date to parameter hasn't worked because i need to define a Default Value in the parameter itself. I need this to be flexible so that users can choose which dates to filter from when using the report. Is there a way I can get around this?

Thanks,
Dan.
Previous Topic:report parameters
Next Topic:Dynamic SVG Image: Item is not supported
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:31:46 GMT 2024