Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Helios SR1: cannot step into a shared library in remote debugging
icon9.gif  Helios SR1: cannot step into a shared library in remote debugging [message #1397814] Thu, 10 July 2014 07:38 Go to next message
Sylvain V. is currently offline Sylvain V.Friend
Hello all,

I'm stuck on the following problem:

I built a glibc application which loads, via the dlopen/dlsym calls, one of my shared libraries.

I can debug normally, i.e. step into a function of my shared library when it is running locally (Debug configuration: C/C++ Application).

My problem is when I debug this application remotely (Debug configuration: C/C++ Remote Application GDB (DSF) Automatic Debug Remote Launcher).
The debugger seems not finding the source path and then step over instead of step into the function I want to investigate.

I noticed that my "Debug configuration: C/C++ Application" added automatically an additionnal entry in the "Source" tab: "Path Mapping: Found Mappings" which links to the source code of my shared library.

This mapping doesn't exist in my remote debug configuration so I tried to copy this mapping into this debug configuration: Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

It seems that gdbserver needs an additional source lookup path.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Helios SR1: cannot step into a shared library in remote debugging [message #1398150 is a reply to message #1397814] Thu, 10 July 2014 17:59 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
You should be able to set the path to your libraries in the Debugger launch tab, subtab: Shared libraries.
I haven't tried that in quite a while, but I expect it should work.

Marc
Previous Topic:Question on supplying arguments to the command line executable
Next Topic:Indexer cant find header file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:25:23 GMT 2024