Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Eclipse RSE SSH Private Key 'Auth Fail'
Eclipse RSE SSH Private Key 'Auth Fail' [message #1395142] Sun, 06 July 2014 12:39 Go to next message
Mark Winterbottom is currently offline Mark WinterbottomFriend
Hi guys,

I cannot get the Remote System Explorer (RSE) plugin to connect to my Linux server using SSH and authenticating with my private key.

I am using the latest version of Eclipse (Standard):
Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)
Build id: 20140612-0600

I have installed the RSE plugin:
Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime 3.5.0.201406091451 org.eclipse.rse.feature.group Eclipse TM Project

I have added my private key under: General > Network Connections > SSH2

I still cannot get it to work. I even tried reverting to a previous version of the RSE.

Is there something else I need to configure, has anyone else got this to work?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Re: Eclipse RSE SSH Private Key 'Auth Fail' [message #1395860 is a reply to message #1395142] Mon, 07 July 2014 13:56 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Hi,

SSH public key authentication works fine for me using eclipse-cpp-luna-R-win32 on Windows 7 64-bit and an Oracle 1.7.0_45 JVM. I only tried a private key without passphrase.

If you're not using the standard SSH port (22), have a look at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=436353

Otherwise, Look at Help > About > Installation Details : View Error Log to check if there's any errors. Under Preferences > General > Network Connections > SSH , specify the correct "SSH Home Directory" and "Private Keys to use". Under the Key Management > Load Existing Key you can check if the keys you specified look valid.

HTH,
Martin
Previous Topic:RSE Browse a mounted point
Next Topic:Eclipse does not save passwords for remote systems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:53:45 GMT 2024