Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » test HTML and RCP in a same AUT
test HTML and RCP in a same AUT [message #1393750] Fri, 04 July 2014 07:55 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi everyone,

I have a new question for you! Very Happy

I test an RCP application with jubula for some features. One of the feature of my application is the generation and the visualisation of reports with BIRT.
So, I would like to test this part and precisely the visualisation of my reports with Jubula.

So, my question is : Is it possible to test the visualisatioin of my BIRT report with Jubula ?

Thanks for any reply.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: test HTML and RCP in a same AUT [message #1401144 is a reply to message #1393750] Tue, 15 July 2014 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John GALLET is currently offline John GALLETFriend
Hi,

Sorry I can not help you directly, but at least you are not alone.

I have similar needs : BIRT along with RCP on one hand and RAP on the other hand. I do not know if it should considered as two AUTs, but I would certainly love to have a single tool testing both and if possible not maintaining the "same" test twice in both interfaces. I found quite a few tutorials and documentation about swt / rcp tests, but I am too new at Jubula to organize common things yet and I have not found documentation or hints so far.

Sincerely,
JGA

Re: test HTML and RCP in a same AUT [message #1401320 is a reply to message #1401144] Tue, 15 July 2014 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

I don´t think that testing the BIRT Report is possible because the BIRT Report basically is a Web Browser which is not supported by Jubula.
Regards
Oliver
Re: test HTML and RCP in a same AUT [message #1401349 is a reply to message #1393750] Tue, 15 July 2014 13:23 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Out of the box testing BIRT reports is not possible. You might be able to make it work by starting your BIRT viewer as an HTML AUT, but this would require some work (and I'm not sure if it is possible without changing some code in Jubula).

Once you got this done you can switch between different AUTs using Test Jobs which can run Test Suites connecting to the AUT you need to test.

To test RAP as an AUT some more work is needed. RAP uses a lot of low level HTML elements to do high level constructs like trees, tables, etc. We once looked into this but couldn't finish it due to resource constraints.

You can't mix toolkits in your tests right now. Every once in a while we are looking into changing this, but we couldn't come up with a reasonably simple solution to do this. Feel free to contribute something or think about sponsoring Wink

Achim
Previous Topic:How to custom parameters??
Next Topic:ub_app_activate step failing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:37:46 GMT 2024