Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » RAP FileChooser
RAP FileChooser [message #1392515] Wed, 02 July 2014 12:57 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

I tried to use the RAP filechooser (Luna). I activated it in the technologies section but I am still getting the error below. Any suggestions?

Regards Bertin

!ENTRY org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap 2 0 2014-07-02 14:54:12.751
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractRwtEnvironment.showFileChooserFromScout(AbstractRwtEnvironment.java:795) Missing bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser. Please activate it in your Scout perspective under Technologies.
Re: RAP FileChooser [message #1392540 is a reply to message #1392515] Wed, 02 July 2014 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also having trouble to activate Rayo Swing. After activating it cannot find the bundle com.bsiag.scout.rt.ui.swing.rayo. These problems might be related.

Regards bertin
Re: RAP FileChooser [message #1393087 is a reply to message #1392540] Thu, 03 July 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Luna if I open my target definition (the one that is automatically created for my project) I see some errors there.

Any idea how to fix these?

index.php/fa/18449/0/

Re: RAP FileChooser [message #1393118 is a reply to message #1393087] Thu, 03 July 2014 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I enable an option in the technologie section the target definition is changed. When I enable more then two options in the technologies section then things seem to be messed up in my target definition.

If I open the targetdefinition in a text editor I don't see any problem there but when I open it in the target editor it shows me errors. No idea whats causing it yet.

Regards Bertin

Re: RAP FileChooser [message #1393232 is a reply to message #1393118] Thu, 03 July 2014 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just tested with a clean (Luna) installation. Created a new project and only selected technologies. As soon is I selected the third one (first mysql, then rayo and third RAP filechooser) the target definition shows errors.

Can someone confirm on this ? Is it a bug or some other configuration thing.

Regards Bertin
Re: Luna technologie RAP Filechooser problem [message #1395704 is a reply to message #1393232] Mon, 07 July 2014 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Bertin Kiekebosch wrote on Mon, 07 July 2014 10:25
Hi,

when I enable the RAP Filechooser (Eclipse Luna) in the technologies section and go to the target definition it is indicating a problem. Is it a bug?

index.php/fa/18483/0/

I could reproduce it on my machine. Thank you for your feedback.

It seems to me that the Scout SDK is not choosing the "org.eclipse.rap.fileupload.feature.feature.group". I manage to solve this by editing the target file with the target editor:
* select the "download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/incubator/2.3/fileupload/" update site node and click Edit.
* In the "Edit Content" Dialog check the "RAP File Upload Support (Incubation)".
* Press "Finish"
* Save the Target file (CTRL-S)

If you open your target file with a text editor, you should see:
<unit id="org.eclipse.rap.fileupload.feature.feature.group" version="2.3.0.20140517-1319"/>

The SDK created an entry with version "2.3.0.20140426-0831", when I installed the filechooser with the Technology checkbox.

Thank you for mentioning your problem here, I will check with the SDK developer to understand why this error occurs.
Re: Luna technologie RAP Filechooser problem [message #1695537 is a reply to message #1395704] Fri, 15 May 2015 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Hello,

I got the same problem. But even doing Jeremie's procedure, it doesn't work.

My target file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.8"?><target name="mycrm" sequenceNumber="25">
<locations>
<location path="${eclipse_home}/" type="Directory"/>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.rap.feature.feature.group" version="2.3.2.20150128-1013"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap.source.feature.group" version="4.0.200.20150218-0841"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna"/>
</location>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.rap.fileupload.feature.feature.group" version="2.3.0.20140611-1558"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/incubator/2.3/fileupload/"/>
</location>
<unit id="com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.postgresql9.source.feature.group" version="9.0.801.20150121-1226"/>
<repository location="http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/jdbc/4.0"/>
</location>
<unit id="org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser.source.feature.group" version="4.0.200.20150218-0841"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/scout/releases/4.0"/>
</location>
</locations>
<launcherArgs>
<vmArgs>-Xms256m -Xmx512m </vmArgs>
</launcherArgs>
</target>

I get the message:
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.dnd.RwtScoutFileUploadHandlerFactory.createFileUploadHandler(RwtScoutFileUploadHandlerFactory.java:34) Missing bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser. Drag & Drop support not possible. Please activate it in your Scout perspective under Technologies.

In RwtScoutFileUploadHandlerFactory.createFileUploadHandler,
    IRwtScoutFileChooserService fileChooserService = SERVICES.getService(IRwtScoutFileChooserService.class);

returns null.

What is missing ?
Thank you!
Re: Luna technologie RAP Filechooser problem [message #1695574 is a reply to message #1695537] Sun, 17 May 2015 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since it was not working, I wanted to save the current state to a repository, and check-out a test workspace, to avoid breaking something else, but in the contrary it resulted in a mess of the workspaces, neither the original workspace nor the copied one would work... After starting over and adding the Scout projects in both workspaces, plus a few changes (such as removing / adding the PostgreSQL technology which resulted in <plugin id="org.postgres.postgresql9.jdbc.fragment"/> changed to <plugin id="org.postgres.postgresql9.jdbc.fragment" fragment="true"/> ???), I could make it work again but... the drop features inadvertently worked!

So now it's working, I don't know why and I am afraid to break something again.

If someone can give me clues about what happened ???
Re: Luna technologie RAP Filechooser problem [message #1696234 is a reply to message #1695574] Sun, 24 May 2015 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I have checked your target file, it is working in my Eclipse IDE (Luna version):

index.php/fa/21918/0/

After having clicked on "set as Target Platform", I can add "org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser" to the RAP product file:

index.php/fa/21919/0/

You also need to ensure that your product file validates (see also this problem with the Mars version: Scout M7: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.rap.fileupload).

I also recommend you to read this message where I have tried to explain target-platform, target-definition, product file...
  • Attachment: target.png
    (Size: 45.06KB, Downloaded 328 times)
  • Attachment: product.png
    (Size: 44.20KB, Downloaded 427 times)
Re: Luna technologie RAP Filechooser problem [message #1696994 is a reply to message #1696234] Sat, 30 May 2015 12:10 Go to previous message
Thank you Jeremie

Yes as I said after restarting the eclipse workspace from scratch and adding the scout projects it finally worked (and it is still working) so I guess that at some point I did something that messed the eclipse or scout configuration but i can't see what.

I wonder why sometimes the plugin tag contains the attribute fragment="true" and sometimes it doesn't.

MY version of eclipse is also Luna.

I hope not to break it again.

Michel
Previous Topic:In 2016, Eclipse Scout will get a brand new HTML5 Renderer
Next Topic:Logout SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:13:50 GMT 2024