Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » comboboxcelleditor not working on the column.
comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392032] Tue, 01 July 2014 19:47 Go to next message
Sunny          is currently offline Sunny Friend
Hi

I have a nattable with a configuration added like :

configRegistry.registerConfigAttribute( EditConfigAttributes.CELL_EDITABLE_RULE, IEditableRule.ALWAYS_EDITABLE,
DisplayMode.EDIT, "ColumnOne" );
configRegistry.registerConfigAttribute( EditConfigAttributes.CELL_EDITOR, new ComboBoxCellEditor( dataProvider,
10 ), DisplayMode.EDIT, "ColumnOne" );

also
I registerOverrides for this column like :
final ColumnOverrideLabelAccumulator columnLabelAccumulator = new ColumnOverrideLabelAccumulator( bodyDataLayer );
columnLabelAccumulator.registerOverrides( 1, "ColumnOne" );

bodyDataLayer is SpanningDataLayer.

Whats going wrong?
Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392069 is a reply to message #1392032] Tue, 01 July 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it becasue that spanningdatalayer uses datacell , I can't see combobox? Does DataCell support editing?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 July 2014 21:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392327 is a reply to message #1392069] Wed, 02 July 2014 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
First, our internal code is operating agains the interface ILayerCell. So the fact that with spanning there is a DataCell can not be an issue.

I also implemented editing spanned cells a while ago, even with comboboxes. There were issues with that, but they have been fixed with 1.1. So it can not be a general issue.

Is your label applied correctly? From your label I assume you want to edit the first column, but register the label against the second (0 based indeces!)
Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392466 is a reply to message #1392327] Wed, 02 July 2014 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. My label "ColumnOne" is for second column ( index = 1) I just named the label like that.

Can you please guide me to a snippet which demonstrates cell editing on spanning table?

BTW I am using net.sourceforge.nattable.NatTable 2.3.2 version. Is it OK to use that ?

Thank you
Sunny
Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392469 is a reply to message #1392466] Wed, 02 July 2014 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I am using net.sourceforge.nattable.NatTable 2.3.2 version. Is it OK to use that ?

Definitely not! That version is about two years old and contains a lot of bugs that have been already fixed. For example the issues with editing spanned cells. You should update to the latest Nebula NatTable version.

The SourceForge version is outdated and I am neither able to reproduce any issues with that version. I also don't have the time and don't even want to support issues with that version, as most of the issues have been fixed since a long time.
Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392479 is a reply to message #1392469] Wed, 02 July 2014 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK thanks. Nonetheless could you please give me an example of editing spanning cell? I am anyway planning eventually turn to Nebula.
Re: comboboxcelleditor not working on the column. [message #1392494 is a reply to message #1392479] Wed, 02 July 2014 12:18 Go to previous message
NatTable Examples Application -> Tutorial Examples -> Layers -> Data -> SpanningDataLayerExample

It only uses TextCellEditors, but that is the example.

As far as I can see, your code looks ok.

If you stick with the SourceForge version you will come across several issues. IIRC we fixed more than 200 tickets since then.
Previous Topic:Lazy loading tree, multiple columngrouping
Next Topic:Scrolling the Viewport uses the wrong IDisplayConverter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:39:04 GMT 2024