Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » [ATL] Tool support for generating the xmi source model
[ATL] Tool support for generating the xmi source model [message #1386797] Fri, 20 June 2014 14:38 Go to next message
Chung-Ling Lin is currently offline Chung-Ling LinFriend
Dear All,

I just start learning ATL for a few days. Because I will need to use ATL to do the model transformation for a complicate model with lots of objects, I try to find out if I can use a tool to help me generating the source model (xmi file) after I create the source and target metamodels.

I followed the tutorial of the family to person example to create my family metamodel, I try to use the IBM Rational Software Architect to create my source model which conforms to the family metamodel and exports it as a xmi file. The exported xmi file contains a lot of additional information compared with the sample-Families.xmi introduced by the tutorial, and I got the PackageNotFoundException error messages when I try to use this xmi file as my source model to run my ATL transformation.

I would like to know what setting I should make if I want to use RSA to export my model to the xmi file. Or any tool I can use to generate the standard xmi for the ATL transformation.

Thank you for you help.

Chung-Ling Lin
Re: [ATL] Tool support for generating the xmi source model [message #1386932 is a reply to message #1386797] Mon, 23 June 2014 07:48 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

You can use the "Create Dynamic Instance..." context menu option on the EClass you want to instantiate in your model. See also: http://tux2323.blogspot.be/2009/11/emf-create-dynamic-model-instance.html

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Execution time & Memory usage
Next Topic:[EMFTVM] Calling static methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:08:35 GMT 2024