Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Checking out Large Reposotories(I need to check out a large repo of which a copy i have in the hard drvie)
Checking out Large Reposotories [message #1386285] Mon, 16 June 2014 11:21 Go to next message
sridanu amare is currently offline sridanu amareFriend
Hi Guys,

New to the forum so pardon my mistakes.

Problem: I have a large repository that i need to check out. Due to the slow interent connection it might take days which is not feacible. And i dont have a eclipse project for it.

However i have a (almost) new copy of the repo on my hard drive. Is there a way to tell eclipse to use my existing copy of the data as the working project so i can later update the changes using subversion.

Thanks in advance
-sridanu-
Re: Checking out Large Reposotories [message #1402997 is a reply to message #1386285] Sat, 19 July 2014 15:48 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hi!

If you do have a local but not an up-to-date version of repository, I think you can do the checkout locally, then do relocate the created working copy to the remote repository, then perform update of the working copy. After that you're free to import it as the Eclipse's project.
Previous Topic:Mime-types not set
Next Topic:Commit Deleted/Missing file bug??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:17:44 GMT 2024