Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Expand every node on a tree?
Expand every node on a tree? [message #1385976] Thu, 12 June 2014 14:45 Go to next message
Chris Champion is currently offline Chris ChampionFriend
Is it possible to create a test to expand all the nodes on a tree without having to enter the path of each individual node?

For example, if I have a tree with 4 parent nodes, each of which has 3+ children, and each of those children has possibly hundreds of their own children.

Any way of constructing a test to keep opening child nodes as long as they exist?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Expand every node on a tree? [message #1386148 is a reply to message #1385976] Fri, 13 June 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
As long as you're using a version of Jubula that includes functions, you should be able to do this with clever use of loop variables, the "relative" value of the PATH_TYPE parameter, and the PRE_ASCEND parameter. When I have time, I will try to come up with a method that works on trees of arbitrary depth and breadth.
Re: Expand every node on a tree? [message #1386963 is a reply to message #1386148] Mon, 23 June 2014 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
You may play with 'ub_tre_move' action and event handlers to reach your goal.

Thanks,
Alex.
Re: Expand every node on a tree? [message #1387158 is a reply to message #1386963] Tue, 24 June 2014 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Champion is currently offline Chris ChampionFriend
Thank you both very much for your replies; I appreciate it.

I'm trying out the 'ub_tre_move" module with event handlers now but so far I haven't been able to get it to work correctly.

David, please let me know if you do come up with a method that works.

Best,
Chris
Re: Expand every node on a tree? [message #1387219 is a reply to message #1387158] Tue, 24 June 2014 20:27 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
After much contemplation, I do not think that completely arbitrary depth and breadth is possible, because it stands to reason that you would need an arbitrary number of variables to keep track of what branch you were on, and that is not possible with the way variables currently work in Jubula. However, if you know a limit you can impose on depth and/or breadth, it should be possible with nested event handlers and a finite number of variables to construct the index paths.
Previous Topic:start new AUT inside a test case
Next Topic:KeyCombination + MouseButton
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:45:49 GMT 2024