Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't create new Java Project(Bug?)
Can't create new Java Project [message #1385580] Mon, 09 June 2014 17:08 Go to next message
Ryan d\'Eon is currently offline Ryan d\'EonFriend
I just downloaded Eclipse today on OSX Mavericks, though I believe this machine has had it before and it was removed.
Every time I try to go File > New > Java Project (or through the toolbar), an error occurs, and nothing really happens.
I have tried rebooting, and removing/reinstalling Eclipse, no luck.

Any ideas?

Here it is:

eclipse.buildId=4.3.2.M20140221-1700
java.version=1.7.0_60
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.standard.product -keyring /Users/rdeon/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.standard.product -keyring /Users/rdeon/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Mon Jun 09 12:55:53 EDT 2014
Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.PListParser.parseXML(PListParser.java:102)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.PListParser.parse(PListParser.java:65)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.MacInstalledJREs.parseJREInfo(MacInstalledJREs.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.MacInstalledJREs.parseJREInfo(MacInstalledJREs.java:140)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.MacInstalledJREs.getInstalledJREs(MacInstalledJREs.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.macosx.MacOSXVMInstallType.detectInstallLocation(MacOSXVMInstallType.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.detectEclipseRuntime(JavaRuntime.java:1781)
at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.initializeVMs(JavaRuntime.java:2692)
at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.getDefaultVMId(JavaRuntime.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.getDefaultVMInstall(JavaRuntime.java:491)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne$JREGroup.getDefaultJVMName(NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne.java:575)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne$JREGroup.getDefaultJVMLabel(NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne.java:612)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne$JREGroup.<init>(NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne.java:416)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne.<init>(NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne.java:1076)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.JavaProjectWizard.addPages(JavaProjectWizard.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:605)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:432)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1104)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:122)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4166)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1466)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1489)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1474)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4012)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3651)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
Re: Can't create new Java Project [message #1385594 is a reply to message #1385580] Mon, 09 June 2014 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Wow, looks like a broken JRE: DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() returns an instance that does not have an implementation for setFeature(), declared in the abstract class DocumentBuilderFactory. Shouldn't be possible...

See http://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git/tree/org.eclipse.jdt.launching/launching/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/launching/PListParser.java#n100

Can you try a different JRE?
Re: Can't create new Java Project [message #1385604 is a reply to message #1385594] Mon, 09 June 2014 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan d\'Eon is currently offline Ryan d\'EonFriend
Ok, I actually found the problem. Mostly my own inexperience is the issue.
The problem was that I had a different Xerces Jar in my classpath, and it wasn't the version that Eclipse expected, and it was getting picked up when I clicked this button I guess.

It was for something unrelated, I had been using jar files packaged with a project, and in the course of troubleshooting some classpath issues I just dumped them all in the main classpath folder.

So there it is, if you come across something like this, check your classpath for "xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar", and remove it. That did it for me.

Thanks anyway, Stephan
Re: Can't create new Java Project [message #1386925 is a reply to message #1385604] Mon, 23 June 2014 07:02 Go to previous message
Jed Salvatierra is currently offline Jed SalvatierraFriend
Ryan d\'Eon wrote on Mon, 09 June 2014 17:03
Ok, I actually found the problem. Mostly my own inexperience is the issue.
The problem was that I had a different Xerces Jar in my classpath, and it wasn't the version that Eclipse expected, and it was getting picked up when I clicked this button I guess.

It was for something unrelated, I had been using jar files packaged with a project, and in the course of troubleshooting some classpath issues I just dumped them all in the main classpath folder.

So there it is, if you come across something like this, check your classpath for "xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar", and remove it. That did it for me.

Thanks anyway, Stephan

Can you make steps on how to do this? Having the same issue
Previous Topic:unable to assign a @NonNull value to @Nullable value for arrays
Next Topic:I can't make a new project due to "Source folder name empty."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:25:01 GMT 2024