Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse(or ADT) versions/setting generating different template code (How to get only the "....extends Activity {..}" template code (not fragments etc))
eclipse(or ADT) versions/setting generating different template code [message #1385414] Fri, 06 June 2014 09:41 Go to next message
Pete_r61 R is currently offline Pete_r61 RFriend
Hello,

I use latest eclipse and ADT install. Creating "new android project" starts of with a lot of basic "Hello World" template code which includes 'PlaceholderFragment... onOptionsItemSelected... onCreateOptionsMenu...extends ActionBarActivity'. The (latest) books I have and tutorials I try to follow only show a very basic simple "...extends Activity{...}" template code with one method only as a result of creating a new project in eclipse.
To learn the basics I need to be able to follow these tutorials, and am looking for a possibility to get eclipse generate only the basic template. There could be a setting to just get it done. But maybe I need an older eclipse version and probably an older ADT version.

So concrete:

- Is there an option in eclipse to restore the "basic template code: '...extends Activity' "
- Is there an older version or combination of eclipse and ADT possible which generated this basic template code: '...extends Activity' in the first place. And where can I get them.

Hope someone can assist me here
Regards
Pete
Re: eclipse(or ADT) versions/setting generating different template code [message #1385479 is a reply to message #1385414] Fri, 06 June 2014 18:50 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Eclipse isn't generating the code, ADT is. You will need to ask on an ADT support forum. Eclipse forums don't support ADT since it is not and Eclipse project. (see sticky posts at top of forum)
Previous Topic:Eclipse not running on Linux Mint 17
Next Topic:import javax.swing.JFrame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:05:31 GMT 2024