Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Trouble getting BIRT report viewer to work(Trouble getting BIRT report viewer to work)
Trouble getting BIRT report viewer to work [message #1384331] Wed, 28 May 2014 18:39 Go to next message
Bob B is currently offline Bob BFriend
Hello,

I am new to BIRt, and I am trying to set up the BIRT viewer on a web server (Windows 7 Enterprise machine), using Tomcat 7.0. I downloaded the WebViewerExample and got it working successfully.

I am now trying to get the viewer to work with my own report project. I created a simple report for testing. This accesses a Postgres database and I have it working correctly in the Eclipse environment. But when I copy the folder to the Tomcat/webapps directory, I get an error, looks like it can't find the database:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.dbprofile. org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Unable to find the connection profile referenced by the data source connection properties.

I did copy the jdbc jar file to the project's web-inf/lib folder, but that has not helped.
Re: Trouble getting BIRT report viewer to work [message #1384643 is a reply to message #1384331] Thu, 29 May 2014 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Did you deploy the file that contains the profiles?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Trouble getting BIRT report viewer to work [message #1384890 is a reply to message #1384643] Mon, 02 June 2014 19:42 Go to previous message
Bob B is currently offline Bob BFriend
I believe I did.
I've managed to get it working by making the workspace the same folder as on the server. I'm not too crazy about this approach, but it's a sandbox server, so it's not even public-facing.
Previous Topic:PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b?
Next Topic:create a report with 3 pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:47:14 GMT 2024