Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Newbie needs some basic info
Newbie needs some basic info [message #242577] Mon, 28 April 2008 12:00 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bassman.gmx.at

Hi,

I'm new to gef and just wanted to know, if there exists a tutorial (or easy example) that explains the use of gef step by step. As example I downloaded the logiceditor, but I don't come along with that...

Thanks in advance,
Georg
Re: Newbie needs some basic info [message #242582 is a reply to message #242577] Mon, 28 April 2008 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: yifanzhou.gmx.de

>Hi,
>
>I'm new to gef and just wanted to know, if there exists a tutorial (or easy example) that explains the use of gef step by step. As example I downloaded the logiceditor, but I don't come along with that...
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Georg

Hi, Georg,

at the beginning of learing GEF I found a japanese website, it gives simple examples to learn about the fundamental gef functionalities.

http://www13.plala.or.jp/observe/GEF/

pls enjoy it.
Yifan
Re: Newbie needs some basic info [message #242592 is a reply to message #242577] Mon, 28 April 2008 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Dolezy is currently offline Justin DolezyFriend
Georg,

Have you looked at the Articles section on eclipse.org? I'd recommend
the Shapes editor article as a good place to start:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/?sort=date&category=Grap hical%20Editing%20Framework%20(GEF)

Justin

Georg Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to gef and just wanted to know, if there exists a tutorial (or easy example) that explains the use of gef step by step. As example I downloaded the logiceditor, but I don't come along with that...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Georg
>
Re: Newbie needs some basic info [message #242612 is a reply to message #242592] Tue, 29 April 2008 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bassman.gmx.at

> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/?sort=date&category=Grap hical%20Editing%20Framework%20(GEF)

Ty Justin,
looks useful to me... And I don't have to learn japaneese

br,
Georg
Re: Newbie needs some basic info [message #242643 is a reply to message #242577] Wed, 30 April 2008 02:00 Go to previous message
Xiang Qinxian is currently offline Xiang QinxianFriend
Hi All,
I think you want check out that paper from JBOSS guys,
at least there is a copy in EclipseCon2008.
Sorry for no links. it's more better, you will find more:)
Cheers,
Qinxian
Georg Hansen 写道:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to gef and just wanted to know, if there exists a tutorial (or easy example) that explains the use of gef step by step. As example I downloaded the logiceditor, but I don't come along with that...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Georg
>
Previous Topic:change the figure of an edit part
Next Topic:Zest layouts in GEF viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:54:01 GMT 2024