Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection
Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241777] Fri, 14 March 2008 12:34 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: extra8325.yahoo.co.jp

Hello,

is it possible that one connection has more than one target or source? I
mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as a list), then
the connection branchs out on about its middle point to the multiple
targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached information in
internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is possible, how can I do
it? I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

Best regards,
Tomoko
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241794 is a reply to message #241777] Sat, 15 March 2008 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xiang Qinxian is currently offline Xiang Qinxian
Messages: 119
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

The simplest way is NO, which is confict with the framework design.
But maybe there are 2 ways to do this:
1, Customize an anchor for multi target figures.
2, Customize a router for connection branches.

Cheers,
Qinxian

Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible that one connection has more than one target or source? I
> mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as a list), then
> the connection branchs out on about its middle point to the multiple
> targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached information in
> internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is possible, how can I do
> it? I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomoko
>
>
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241798 is a reply to message #241794] Mon, 17 March 2008 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: extra8325.yahoo.co.jp

Thank you for your response Qinxian,

ach, it conflicts with the framework design... Even though I've supposed
it but it's sadly. :(
The two way sound difficult for me ... but, I'll try it.
Do you think that connections can have multiple sources/targets and
reflect it on its figure with customized anchor or router? Maybe in
createFigure() in Connection EditPart...? If you have an idea, I would be
very grateful for your suggestion. Thank you.

Best regards,
Tomoko


Qinxian wrote:

> Hi,

> The simplest way is NO, which is confict with the framework design.
> But maybe there are 2 ways to do this:
> 1, Customize an anchor for multi target figures.
> 2, Customize a router for connection branches.

> Cheers,
> Qinxian

> Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is it possible that one connection has more than one target or source? I
>> mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as a list), then
>> the connection branchs out on about its middle point to the multiple
>> targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached information in
>> internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is possible, how can I do
>> it? I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Tomoko
>>
>>
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241811 is a reply to message #241798] Mon, 17 March 2008 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: shady_86.sify.com

i have one more crude idea is that you can use a sort of invisible editpart where your branching will take place.

the logic will be like when you will be connecting with a list an invisible edit part will be made which will act as a target for the main connection and for the several splits it will act as a source, in this way you will be able to move your point where the branching will take place, or can make it static using the edit policy for that edit part..,
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241822 is a reply to message #241798] Tue, 18 March 2008 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xiang Qinxian is currently offline Xiang Qinxian
Messages: 119
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
I speak too fast:)
Sorry, "Customize an anchor" is not an option.

IMO, bendpoint policy and manual router can be applied in your senario.
When move bendpont to multi-targets, the code must attrack the point
like behavior of anchor with endpoint.
So a target/source part be a bendpoint.

If no click interaction, this can be done in part automatically.

If you can accept, an invisible part maybe another option which stated
by sharad.

Regards,
Qinxian
Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
> Thank you for your response Qinxian,
>
> ach, it conflicts with the framework design... Even though I've supposed
> it but it's sadly. :(
> The two way sound difficult for me ... but, I'll try it.
> Do you think that connections can have multiple sources/targets and
> reflect it on its figure with customized anchor or router? Maybe in
> createFigure() in Connection EditPart...? If you have an idea, I would
> be very grateful for your suggestion. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomoko
>
>
> Qinxian wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> The simplest way is NO, which is confict with the framework design.
>> But maybe there are 2 ways to do this:
>> 1, Customize an anchor for multi target figures.
>> 2, Customize a router for connection branches.
>
>> Cheers,
>> Qinxian
>
>> Tomoko Kitamura ��:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> is it possible that one connection has more than one target or
>>> source? I mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as a
>>> list), then the connection branchs out on about its middle point to
>>> the multiple targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached
>>> information in internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is
>>> possible, how can I do it? I would be very grateful for any
>>> suggestions. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Tomoko
>>>
>>>
>
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #241887 is a reply to message #241822] Mon, 24 March 2008 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: extra8325.yahoo.co.jp

Hallo,

Thank you for all your suggestions, Qinxian and Sharad, and sorry for my late response.

Qinxian, sadly I can understand not all of your idea, because I don't know the behavior of anchor.. Do you mean, I should write a subclass of BendPointEditPolicy with own getCreateBendpointCommand method? But I don't know how I can connect Bendpoints and a real node programatically. Can I use a Bendpoint like invisible node and make it one of nodes without figure?(then it is nearly to the idea of sharad..?) I need more information about how to create connections between bendpoint/invisible nodes and real nodes. I must also ask how I can generally create connection without click action...(maybe in another thread, because it is an another thing).

Sorry, that I ask so much, but it is very difficult for me.
If you can give me more suggestions, I would be very glad and grateful... Thank you.

Best regards,
Tomoko


Qinxian wrote:
> Hi,
> I speak too fast:)
> Sorry, "Customize an anchor" is not an option.
>
> IMO, bendpoint policy and manual router can be applied in your senario.
> When move bendpont to multi-targets, the code must attrack the point
> like behavior of anchor with endpoint.
> So a target/source part be a bendpoint.
>
> If no click interaction, this can be done in part automatically.
>
> If you can accept, an invisible part maybe another option which stated
> by sharad.
>
> Regards,
> Qinxian
> Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
>> Thank you for your response Qinxian,
>>
>> ach, it conflicts with the framework design... Even though I've
>> supposed it but it's sadly. :(
>> The two way sound difficult for me ... but, I'll try it.
>> Do you think that connections can have multiple sources/targets and
>> reflect it on its figure with customized anchor or router? Maybe in
>> createFigure() in Connection EditPart...? If you have an idea, I would
>> be very grateful for your suggestion. Thank you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Tomoko
>>
>>
>> Qinxian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> The simplest way is NO, which is confict with the framework design.
>>> But maybe there are 2 ways to do this:
>>> 1, Customize an anchor for multi target figures.
>>> 2, Customize a router for connection branches.
>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Qinxian
>>
>>> Tomoko Kitamura ��:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> is it possible that one connection has more than one target or
>>>> source? I mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as
>>>> a list), then the connection branchs out on about its middle point
>>>> to the multiple targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached
>>>> information in internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is
>>>> possible, how can I do it? I would be very grateful for any
>>>> suggestions. Thank you.
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Tomoko
>>>>
>>>>
>>
Re: Multiple nodes as target or source from one connection [message #242360 is a reply to message #241887] Mon, 14 April 2008 01:48 Go to previous message
Xiang Qinxian is currently offline Xiang Qinxian
Messages: 119
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
Times not read the news.
Your proplem solved?
If that continued, Maybe you can mail to my mailbox, feel free.
I use the thunderbird read news, Maybe I should pick up my news reader
years ago:)

Regards,
Qinxian

Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
> Hallo,
>
> Thank you for all your suggestions, Qinxian and Sharad, and sorry for my
> late response.
>
> Qinxian, sadly I can understand not all of your idea, because I don't
> know the behavior of anchor.. Do you mean, I should write a subclass of
> BendPointEditPolicy with own getCreateBendpointCommand method? But I
> don't know how I can connect Bendpoints and a real node programatically.
> Can I use a Bendpoint like invisible node and make it one of nodes
> without figure?(then it is nearly to the idea of sharad..?) I need more
> information about how to create connections between bendpoint/invisible
> nodes and real nodes. I must also ask how I can generally create
> connection without click action...(maybe in another thread, because it
> is an another thing).
>
> Sorry, that I ask so much, but it is very difficult for me.
> If you can give me more suggestions, I would be very glad and
> grateful... Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomoko
>
>
> Qinxian wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I speak too fast:)
>> Sorry, "Customize an anchor" is not an option.
>>
>> IMO, bendpoint policy and manual router can be applied in your senario.
>> When move bendpont to multi-targets, the code must attrack the point
>> like behavior of anchor with endpoint.
>> So a target/source part be a bendpoint.
>>
>> If no click interaction, this can be done in part automatically.
>>
>> If you can accept, an invisible part maybe another option which stated
>> by sharad.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Qinxian
>> Tomoko Kitamura 写道:
>>> Thank you for your response Qinxian,
>>>
>>> ach, it conflicts with the framework design... Even though I've
>>> supposed it but it's sadly. :(
>>> The two way sound difficult for me ... but, I'll try it.
>>> Do you think that connections can have multiple sources/targets and
>>> reflect it on its figure with customized anchor or router? Maybe in
>>> createFigure() in Connection EditPart...? If you have an idea, I
>>> would be very grateful for your suggestion. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Tomoko
>>>
>>>
>>> Qinxian wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>> The simplest way is NO, which is confict with the framework design.
>>>> But maybe there are 2 ways to do this:
>>>> 1, Customize an anchor for multi target figures.
>>>> 2, Customize a router for connection branches.
>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Qinxian
>>>
>>>> Tomoko Kitamura ��:
>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>
>>>>> is it possible that one connection has more than one target or
>>>>> source? I mean, if a connection model has multiple targets (e.g. as
>>>>> a list), then the connection branchs out on about its middle point
>>>>> to the multiple targets. And inverse direction, too. I've serached
>>>>> information in internet but I couldn't find out any... If it is
>>>>> possible, how can I do it? I would be very grateful for any
>>>>> suggestions. Thank you.
>>>>>
>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>> Tomoko
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>
Previous Topic:Memento returning null
Next Topic:GEF as GUI engine ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 19 05:55:25 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02156 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software