Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Tried to transfer project from Windows to Linux, lots of "Missing Constraints" now
icon5.gif  Tried to transfer project from Windows to Linux, lots of "Missing Constraints" now [message #1367464] Mon, 19 May 2014 20:09 Go to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
I'm using Eclipse Kepler, DSL for Java package which includes Xtext and Xtend. I've been using this for quite some time on my Windows laptop, which began to show signs of poor health. It's no longer usable.

I had backed up all of my source code into SVN and somehow had miraculously been using that to keep all my code backed up.

Now I'm moving over to a Linux machine (it just happens to be available) and I installed the same version of Eclipse Kepler DSL there. I checked out all of my code and went to run it "(Run Eclipse Application").

I got a number of complaints about "Missing Constraints", mostly for JUnit 4.0 version. I was able to resolve those by editing the manifest.mf for my project and removing those lines that called out those dependencies.

Now I'm getting a bunch of Missing Constraints for things like apache.http.client.* which are referencing things outside of my code. I've added the apache.http jars to my build path, but it did not change the errors.

I can add more details later when I get home.

All threads talking about "Missing Constraints" that I've found so far seem to be quite specific to whatever the situation was.
==========================================================
I don't mind starting all over if that would be best.

What is the best/preferred approach to take when transferring an existing Eclipse project to a new machine?

Thanks,

DL
Re: Tried to transfer project from Windows to Linux, lots of "Missing Constraints" now [message #1372639 is a reply to message #1367464] Wed, 21 May 2014 22:52 Go to previous message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
I think that I understand that the typical way to transfer an entire project to a different machine or new developer would be to export the entire thing, including dependent libraries, to a ZIP or JAR. Then the JAR is imported on this new workstation.

I can try to see if my old laptop will work well enough to do that. Following that, the challenge will be how to align that with the SVN repository.

Since I back up all my code in SVN, what I have been trying to do is to check out the code to a new working copy on the new system. Of course, this does not include any of the dependent libraries, so then I have to try to find those again and add them to the build path, etc. and it is simply not working out very well. I know that Eclipse offers a plug-in to manage code backup/versioning to SVN, but I could never figure out how to use it and just went back to TortoiseSVN under Windows.
Previous Topic:DeltaDataTree and OOM
Next Topic:Getting the project location absolute path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:12:49 GMT 2024