Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » OCL console
OCL console [message #23226] Wed, 16 May 2007 05:52 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

hi
what we should modify in the ocl interpreter example in order to use the
OCL Console in other project?

I modified the plugin.xml but it did not work :-(
I think that I could not do it alone!

could someone help me please!
Re: OCL console [message #23584 is a reply to message #23226] Wed, 16 May 2007 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cdamus.ca.ibm.com

Hi, Asma,

I think I answered your question in reply to the "validate constraints added
to profile" thread. You can use the "Open Console" action in the Console
view to open the OCL console in any editor context.

HTH,

Christian


charfi asma wrote:

> hi
> what we should modify in the ocl interpreter example in order to use the
> OCL Console in other project?
>
> I modified the plugin.xml but it did not work :-(
> I think that I could not do it alone!
>
> could someone help me please!
Re: OCL console [message #23754 is a reply to message #23584] Thu, 17 May 2007 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

hi Christian,
yes you answered my question.
I want to thank you for all the effort that you do.
you can see that having the OCL console is finally very simple but I thought
that I should impot it from the ocl interpreter example :)
I think that for the beginner, your help is essential
thank you again!
"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@ca.ibm.com> a
Re: OCL console [message #23839 is a reply to message #23754] Thu, 17 May 2007 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cdamus.ca.ibm.com

Hi, Asma,

No problem. I'm just glad if my replies are helpful.

The OCL Console *is* the interpreter example. The name of the
org.eclipse.emf.ocl.examples.interpreter plug-in is what it is because this
evolved as an example of the OCL parser/interpreter API. An "example" of
extending the environment API doesn't exist, yet, although really the
existing Ecore and UML environment implementations serve as examples
anyway. Another example that doesn't yet exist is an AST example, although
I think that Miguel Garcia's article covers that subject admirably. :-)

Cheers,

Christian

charfi asma wrote:

> hi Christian,
> yes you answered my question.
> I want to thank you for all the effort that you do.
> you can see that having the OCL console is finally very simple but I
> thought that I should impot it from the ocl interpreter example :)
> I think that for the beginner, your help is essential
> thank you again!
> "Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@ca.ibm.com> a �rit dans le message de news:
> f2f0ra$d58$3@build.eclipse.org...
>>

<snip>
Re: OCL console [message #24086 is a reply to message #23839] Fri, 18 May 2007 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

Hi Christian,

We should say that OCL 1.1M7 is very helpful (especially in the OCL console
(if you write "self." Then it gives you all possibilities to complete your
constraint without error) it's really helpful!!



now that I tested my constraint added to profile(using the OCL console), I
want to do it but this time on clicking on button (I will develop a
plug-in )so I need your advice should I:



1) Focus on the OCL interpreter and think how to use it in my plug-in so I
validate all the constraints in my model (the advantage: it is used with UML
profile)

2) Focus on the EMF validation and follow it to validate the model (the
advantage: it validates all the constraints not only one like OCL
interpreter)

Thank You in advance

ASMA



"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@ca.ibm.com> a
Re: OCL console [message #24214 is a reply to message #24086] Tue, 22 May 2007 09:58 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cdamus.ca.ibm.com

Hi, Asma,

I don't think that you need to choose between using the OCL interpreter and
using the EMF Validation Framework. I hope that the validation examples
(in particular, the org.eclipse.emf.validation.examples.ocl plug-in) show
that it's not difficult to inject OCL constraints into this framework, even
those that are defined in UML profiles, using the OCL interpreter to parse
and evaluate constraints within the EMF Validation Framework. And it does
give you the flexibility of additional non-OCL constraint definition and
even 3rd-party contributions, perhaps tuned via the categorization and
client-context binding mechanisms.

Cheers,

Christian


charfi asma wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> We should say that OCL 1.1M7 is very helpful (especially in the OCL
> console
> (if you write "self." Then it gives you all possibilities to complete
> your constraint without error) it's really helpful!!
>
>
>
> now that I tested my constraint added to profile(using the OCL console),
> I want to do it but this time on clicking on button (I will develop a
> plug-in )so I need your advice should I:
>
>
>
> 1) Focus on the OCL interpreter and think how to use it in my plug-in so I
> validate all the constraints in my model (the advantage: it is used with
> UML profile)
>
> 2) Focus on the EMF validation and follow it to validate the model (the
> advantage: it validates all the constraints not only one like OCL
> interpreter)
>
> Thank You in advance
>
> ASMA

<snip>
Previous Topic:compilation phases
Next Topic:Re: OCL in a pojo domain usage scenario
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 23 02:40:21 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04404 seconds