|Why isn't merge finding any changes? [message #23189]
||Tue, 01 July 2008 19:30
| No real name
Registered: July 2009
I've just updated to Eclipse 3.4 on Linux and updated the plugins to 2.0.1.|
When I try to merge a branch with the trunk, I get no differences. I
have confirmed that there are differences by checking out the trunk and
branch into separate directories and doing a diff -r.
In the preferences for SVN connector, I choose "SVN kit (SVNKit 1.2.0
development (http://svnkit.com/) r4310)".
I use a svn hosting company for the repository and they are using SVN
1.4. Locally I have v1.4.6 of the svn client commandline utilities.
I also deleted project (without deleting the files) and recreated the
What am I doing wrong?
|Re: Why isn't merge finding any changes? [message #23416 is a reply to message #23189]
||Wed, 02 July 2008 08:55
Originally posted by: alexander.gurov.polarion.org|
First of all, please note that SVN Kit 1.2.0 connector is SVN 1.5
compatible one. So, it silently converts working copy from SVN 1.4
compatible into SVN 1.5 compatible format. This mean that SVN 1.4.6 client
which you are installed locally will not work with these working copies
(at least with converted parts).
The second moment is merging itself. Did you specified correctly start and
stop revisions (by default both points to HEAD and this revision range
always contains no changes)?
|Re: Why isn't merge finding any changes? [message #24206 is a reply to message #24104]
||Thu, 03 July 2008 05:47
| Alexei Goncharov
Registered: July 2009
> Are svn 1.5 client utilities backward compatible with 1.4 repository server?|
Yes, they are. But some client functionality, which depends on server (ex.
Merge Tracking) - the server specific features list can be found on
> Now that I look at it more closely, I didn't.
> This was because it wasn't clear that right-clicking on the project head
> and select Team->Merge... would not automatically use the url of the
> right-clicked project as one the sources to merge with. And that the
> dialog defaults to 'simple', but I incorrectly assumed the url I was
> selected would be use to merge with the working copy and not with it's self.
> I'd suggest you eliminate the 'simple' option and auto-fill one of the
> source url's with the url of the selected working copy.
> However, I'm still having issues. One of my sub-directory is not being
> compared. There are ~600 files in it and there are 29 files that are
> different. Why isn't it merging on this one directory. I'm choosing the
> root of the trunk and root of the branch.
The fact is that Simple and Advance modes are not just 'easy and hard',
but absolutely different merge modes.
The simple mode should be used to merge the changes from one source to a
working copy, and advance is for merging changes from different sources -
please read SVN book for details on merging.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01590 seconds