Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Failed to create the part's controls(Failed to create the part's controls in a PHP Project)
Failed to create the part's controls [message #1355063] Wed, 14 May 2014 14:55 Go to next message
Ferran Romero is currently offline Ferran RomeroFriend
Hi all,

First of all, I'm a eclipse Newbie, also in this forum, so please be kind with me and with my poor knowledge. I've downloaded Eclipse for a general purpose IDE (but primarily for PHP development), and got the Kepler version.

I've installed the PDT (PHP Development Tools), JavaScript Development Tools, Eclipse Color Theme and Subversive with SVNKit 1.8.3. After that, I've done a checkout from a repository to import it to Eclipse, and then open the PHP Perspective.

When I try to open some PHP files I've got "Failed to create the part's controls" error, with this details:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4378)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4312)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4283)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.setStyleRanges(StyledText.java:9736)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.replaceStyleRanges(StyledText.java:7749)
	at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.addPresentation(TextViewer.java:4845)
	at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.changeTextPresentation(TextViewer.java:4924)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.provisional.style.StructuredPresentationReconciler.applyTextRegionCollection(StructuredPresentationReconciler.java:901)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.provisional.style.StructuredPresentationReconciler.processDamage(StructuredPresentationReconciler.java:876)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.provisional.style.StructuredPresentationReconciler$InternalListener.inputDocumentChanged(StructuredPresentationReconciler.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.provisional.style.StructuredPresentationReconciler.install(StructuredPresentationReconciler.java:600)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.updateHighlighter(StructuredTextViewer.java:987)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.StructuredTextViewer.setDocument(StructuredTextViewer.java:865)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.PHPStructuredTextViewer.setDocument(PHPStructuredTextViewer.java:645)
	at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.setDocument(SourceViewer.java:590)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.initializeSourceViewer(AbstractTextEditor.java:4047)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:3575)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:447)
	at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.StructuredTextEditor.createPartControl(StructuredTextEditor.java:1517)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.editor.PHPStructuredEditor.createPartControl(PHPStructuredEditor.java:2265)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:323)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:877)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:857)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:333)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:254)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:949)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:633)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:1147)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer$1.handleEvent(LazyStackRenderer.java:65)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4491)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:205)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElement(ElementContainerImpl.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.showElementInWindow(ModelServiceImpl.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.bringToTop(ModelServiceImpl.java:543)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.delegateBringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:619)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.bringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:1046)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3112)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$21(WorkbenchPage.java:3034)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3016)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3012)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2976)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2967)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.ui.editor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:413)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.ui.editor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:190)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:168)
	at org.eclipse.php.internal.ui.actions.PHPExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PHPExplorerActionGroup.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.ui.scriptview.ScriptExplorerPart$4.open(ScriptExplorerPart.java:678)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:866)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:864)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1152)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1256)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:269)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1392)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3742)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3363)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

There's some files in the same project that I'm able to open without any errors, and some others that throws this exception. I think there's a problem with the PHP Editor, since I'm able to open all files with the integrated text editor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advice,
Re: Failed to create the part's controls [message #1368856 is a reply to message #1355063] Tue, 20 May 2014 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No suggestions?....

Any help provided is welcome!

Thank you.
Re: Failed to create the part's controls [message #1375996 is a reply to message #1368856] Fri, 23 May 2014 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiho P. is currently offline Shiho P.Friend
Same problem... I'm using Kepler on Lubuntu 13.10 / 32bit.
It works for some php files but not all of them. Can't find the logic behind.
Last time I had it back to work by doing a new svn checkout but today it won't do the trick.

If someone has any idea...

EDIT : I work on 2 different projects. The one using Sf1 / SVN is the one causing me troubles. The other one (Sf2/Git) works perfectly.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 May 2014 08:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Failed to create the part's controls [message #1385068 is a reply to message #1375996] Wed, 04 June 2014 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's not a SVN issue, today I have imported the same project, as a "Existing project into workspace", and had the same behaviour.
Re: Failed to create the part's controls [message #1386444 is a reply to message #1385068] Tue, 17 June 2014 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan M is currently offline Stefan MFriend
Hi Guys,

same here... It is a bug.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=434308

hasta luego
Re: Failed to create the part's controls [message #1815137 is a reply to message #1355063] Wed, 25 September 2019 22:07 Go to previous message
Mel Raymond is currently offline Mel RaymondFriend
Same here. Broke my Python Robot Framework project and I need to work on that project. I'm fairly new to Eclipse, so I have no idea how to get going again.
Previous Topic:How to get the part object out of a cloned snippet
Next Topic:Error exporting product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:13:07 GMT 2024