Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Observation Mode - Wait for Window to Close
Observation Mode - Wait for Window to Close [message #1351924] Tue, 13 May 2014 08:12 Go to next message
nicole h is currently offline nicole hFriend
Hey,

I would really like to use the observation mode for creating some testcases but always when I try to record my actions jubula stucks and I can't work anymore.

I think the problem is that jubula uses so much "Wait for Window to Close" steps that he can not handle the other actions anymore and while recording everything stucks!

When I look at the Observation console, I can see that jubula adds hundreds of "Wait for window to close" steps.

Has anyone an idea how I can solve this to use the observation mode?

I'm using Jubula Standalone version 8.0.0 (But I had this problem also in older version, thats why I never was able to use the observation mode...)

Thanks
Re: Observation Mode - Wait for Window to Close [message #1351930 is a reply to message #1351924] Tue, 13 May 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forget to say, I am testing a swing application and after observing I have to close the AUT and Jubula via Task Manager.
Re: Observation Mode - Wait for Window to Close [message #1357516 is a reply to message #1351930] Thu, 15 May 2014 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

It's not a problem I've come across before. Does the problem occur as soon as you start the observation mode, or is it after actually performing the first wait for window to close? Can you provide a picture of the test steps that actually get observed - are they all for the same window, and if so, what is its name? The only thing I can think of right now is that there is something in the setup of the application that means the hint we listen for to know a window has closed keeps coming even though it's not the case...

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Observation Mode - Wait for Window to Close [message #1366078 is a reply to message #1357516] Mon, 19 May 2014 06:31 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

the problem occurs after actually performing the first action in my application.

Actually it is a really simple testcase I want to record:
1. Copy entries of a table
2. Switch to another table
3. Pasting the copied entries
4. Confirming by clicking a Button

I figured out that steps 1-3 do not make any problem for the observation mode. The problem is step 4. "Confirming by clicking a Button"!

Some infos about the Application: After pasting, a window pops up which asks the user if he/she wants to paste the samples, as there are already samples with the same position.

The action to perform here is simply clicking on the "yes" Button (several times), but this results in many "wait for window to close" actions and jubula crashes!

Attached you will find a picture of the User Interaction Dialogue with the "yes" Button and a picture of jubula showing what actions the observation mode recorded.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 06:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with Jubula8 and MySQL
Next Topic:How to check a part of Text on TextComponent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:12 GMT 2024