Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » License of code generated by Window Builder
License of code generated by Window Builder [message #1349814] Mon, 12 May 2014 11:08 Go to next message
Dan Rydholm is currently offline Dan RydholmFriend
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I've been trying to find out if code generated by Window Builder can be used in commercial projects not distributed through the Eclipse projects. Is code generated by Window Builder considered a derivative work of some kind? I've read the FAQ posted for the Eclipse Public License, which does cover some of this, but it's not definitive. Is there a definitive answer?
Re: License of code generated by Window Builder [message #1352149 is a reply to message #1349814] Tue, 13 May 2014 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The code generated by WindowBuilder is entirely your own and thus can be used and licensed in any way that you choose... just as it would be if you wrote it by hand yourself. There is nothing proprietary or unique about the code that WB generates. It should be indistinguishable from code you write by hand (and you can freely mix the two).
Re: License of code generated by Window Builder [message #1352354 is a reply to message #1352149] Tue, 13 May 2014 12:23 Go to previous message
Dan Rydholm is currently offline Dan RydholmFriend
Thank you!
Previous Topic:How to use external actions (JFace)
Next Topic:Test/Preview crash eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:31:57 GMT 2024